DJ Keng to serve 3 months and 15 days in prison

webfact

DJ Keng to serve 3 months and 15 days in prison

127-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok North Municipal Court today sentenced Pattarasak Thiemprasert, alias DJ Keng, to three months and 15 days in prison with no suspension after finding him guilty of ramming his pickup truck into another car.

The court at first handed down seven months in prison but commuted by half after he confessed to the offences.

The court also seized his pickup truck and his driving license, but granted him temporary release on 15,000 baht bail.

The radio station DJ came under heavy criticism after video clips showing his black pickup truck reversing aggressively to hit a red Toyota Yaris three times went viral online. He also lied about the incident.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/153912

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-07

What is the point of handing out a jail term supposedly without suspension, but then immediately suspending it when somebody stumps up bail money... What exactly is the bail for if he has already confessed to committing the crime, been shown on video committing the crime, been shown on video lying about committing the crime.

So again if someone with a bit of knowledge on Thai legal affairs. What exactly is the bail for if he is not appealing and has been sentenced? I am at a loss to understand it. I honestly can't think of any other country i've ever lived in or travelled to. It makes me despair at having chosen to live and raise a family here.

Another one that will never see a cell, one appeal after another and he will cite some 'illness' leading to a suspended sentence. Meanwhile if you steal 3 coconuts sad.png

The 3 coconut thief stole a lot more than 3 coconuts. Was also a drug dealer, and had just been released from prison.

What is the point of handing out a jail term supposedly without suspension, but then immediately suspending it when somebody stumps up bail money... What exactly is the bail for if he has already confessed to committing the crime, been shown on video committing the crime, been shown on video lying about committing the crime.

So again if someone with a bit of knowledge on Thai legal affairs. What exactly is the bail for if he is not appealing and has been sentenced? I am at a loss to understand it. I honestly can't think of any other country i've ever lived in or travelled to. It makes me despair at having chosen to live and raise a family here.

Sounds like the years of drug use is finally catching up with you mate ;)

Seriously though...I agree with your sentiment

It is confusing but one assumes it is similar to the western concept of suspended sentence eg someone sentenced to six months in prison but with the sentence wholly suspended if they are of good behaviour ( ie do not offend again within that six month period...if they do it's off to prison). In this case, as we hear in others, sentence not suspended but the offender still has the right to appeal and be given bail in some circumstances).

This one: wouldn't like his chances on appeal given the video evidence.

It is confusing but one assumes it is similar to the western concept of suspended sentence eg someone sentenced to six months in prison but with the sentence wholly suspended if they are of good behaviour ( ie do not offend again within that six month period...if they do it's off to prison). In this case, as we hear in others, sentence not suspended but the offender still has the right to appeal and be given bail in some circumstances).

This one: wouldn't like his chances on appeal given the video evidence.

Yes, the judge could well increase the sentence what with the blatant lying and crying foul.Far better imo to take the 3 months, get out after 2 with good behaviour and vow never to lie in front of cameras again.

Sounds like the years of drug use is finally catching up with you mate wink.png

Come again? How has me being bemused by this call from the judges / lawyers got anything to do with me using drugs exactly? If you'd care to elaborate a bit on that i'd appreciate. Or how about have a shot at clearing up the legal mumbo jumbo pal

The court at first handed down seven months in prison but commuted by half after he confessed to the offences.

He confessed.
He got a sentence reduction there for.
Now he can appeal?
That is crazy.
Now out on Bail?
For what?
He confessed!!!
Beyond belief.

This is an abuse of the appeal process.
Hopefully he gets then the full seven months or more.

Edited by tomacht8

Another one that will never see a cell, one appeal after another and he will cite some 'illness' leading to a suspended sentence. Meanwhile if you steal 3 coconuts sad.png

The 3 coconut thief stole a lot more than 3 coconuts. Was also a drug dealer, and had just been released from prison.

The wife told me the same last night. He'd been stealing stuff many a time from the woman's property. Not just three coconuts that the lazy English language media would have us believe. In the Thai newspapers they went into far greater depth about his past crimes.

So again if someone with a bit of knowledge on Thai legal affairs. What exactly is the bail for if he is not appealing and has been sentenced? I am at a loss to understand it. I honestly can't think of any other country i've ever lived in or travelled to . It makes me despair at having chosen to live and raise a family here.

Come again? How has me being bemused by this call from the judges / lawyers got anything to do with me using drugs exactly? If you'd care to elaborate a bit on that i'd appreciate. Or how about have a shot at clearing up the legal mumbo jumbo pal

Relax ''pal''...I put your sentence in bold, but here it is again: '' I honestly can't think of any other country i've ever lived in or travelled to'' Get it now?

Jeez...when did the world become so humourless.

Also, I said I agreed with you :rolleyes:

So again if someone with a bit of knowledge on Thai legal affairs. What exactly is the bail for if he is not appealing and has been sentenced? I am at a loss to understand it. I honestly can't think of any other country i've ever lived in or travelled to . It makes me despair at having chosen to live and raise a family here.

Relax ''pal''...I put your sentence in bold, but here it is again: '' I honestly can't think of any other country i've ever lived in or travelled to'' Get it now?

Jeez...when did the world become so humourless.

Also, I said I agreed with you rolleyes.gif

Indeed, sorry about that! Stuff gets so crazy here that it makes my head spin to the point that I can't finish sentences. And speaking of which, looks like this fool from the story won't finish his either, or even start it for that matter.

I just can't think what the grounds for appeal actually consist of considering the video evidence that is widely available. And I can't believe he was contesting the charges also. That is a whole lot of stupid right there, can't get my nut round it at all

He confessed.

He got a sentence reduction there for.

Now he can appeal?

That is crazy.

Now out on Bail?

For what?

He confessed!!!

Beyond belief.

This is an abuse of the appeal process.

Hopefully he gets then the full seven months or more.

Isn't that using the same tactics like Sorayuth and countless other hisos and losos ? Edited by hanuman2543