Pattaya Man Electrocutes Himself at Temple

webfact

Pattaya Man Electrocutes Himself at Temple

PATTAYA: -- Early Wednesday morning, emergency responders received a report of a man electrocuting himself. The incident occurred at a Pattaya temple after its annual event.

At 3:00am on March 9th, Khun Sarawoot was removing electrical wires and light bulbs after a festival. The young man was asked to do the job due to his knowledge of utilities. He climbed onto a ladder and was in close proximity to live wires.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221986/pattaya-man-electrocutes-temple/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-09

into contact with an exposed electric pole.

Substandard and probably out of code electrification. Government authorities and the Temple must bear responsibility for this accident.

I wonder if the worker even recognized the danger he was placing himself into.

Though the word "electrocution" implies death, he made it smile.png

You're right if you are electrocuted you are dead.

Maybe he was reborn very quickly after all it did happen at a temple.

Interesting to read that native speakers seem to have read the headline same like me:

man kills himself by electrocution

Let's hope he will come out without lasting problems and learnt a lesson the hard way.

crikey ! poor soul .... and in the presence of Buddha blink.png ......... RIP

Though the word "electrocution" implies death, he made it smile.png

thanks, and good he recovered ...... wink.png

You would be excused for assuming death to the plumber.... Obviously he wasn't an electrician.

Electrocution is an amalgam word combining electro and execution.... But the word now also includes accidental death, and is becoming a common term for any electric shock, in Leiu of a better word... Like eluctrocuted or shocked.

So in this instance, we can't be "blaming" translators for misleading headlines... But more so linguists of the English language itself, who haven't kept up with changing times (electrocution, as a word, was devised to describe death row execution by electric chair, I think)

So let's hope the guy recovers well and sticks to plumbing.

It is remarkable how many people who are not qualified electricians in Thailand can fix electrical problems. A lot of them are pretty clever at doing small jobs.

I often get the pool cleaning bloke to fix electrical things for me. He is good with fixing plumbing problems also. And has also done tiling for me. It must be a part of their upbringing for a lot of Thais, learning all this stuff, being so handy.

I am clueless at that sort of stuff.

Anyone know where this occurred?

The festival close to my place at Nong Khet Noi/ Nong Plalai finished that evening.

I was riding down a nearby road glancing up at the way strip lights had been wired into the overhead main lines a day or two earlier.

No meter, no isolation available.