Bangkok to cut back on Songkran celebrations in order to save water

webfact

I'm surprised that there has been so many replies to a Thai custom. What does it have to do with you whining farang lot who are all guests here? Do you honestly think that Thais care about what you are saying in here?

How about helping the global effort to conserve this precious commodity for a start! If there is a water restriction no doubt you'll be one of the first in the supermarket to grab as much drinking water as you can.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So will they have the overhead water pipes in silom/saladaeng as last year pumping out and wasting 100,000s of litres from 9am to 9pm. Madness!!

Yeah...except that did not happen, since the "party" at Silom starts usually around 2 pm...

Nice try!

Conserve !!!......Depends where you live, during Songkran the water is taken mostly in our village from moats and small lakes and goes back again via the drains.

Bangkok and places like it have made there own bed.

I'm surprised that there has been so many replies to a Thai custom. What does it have to do with you whining farang lot who are all guests here? Do you honestly think that Thais care about what you are saying in here?

How about helping the global effort to conserve this precious commodity for a start! If there is a water restriction no doubt you'll be one of the first in the supermarket to grab as much drinking water as you can.

That's right, as I am greedy, I will be the 1st into the supermarket, lock the doors, take all the water and leave you with nothing ;-)

Edited by CoreanoOzzie

Yeash...right!?

Silly, isn't it!

clap2.gif

You know, what is even more silly?

People like you, who don't understand, that this is a discussion- forum where everybody can have a say- not only guys like you, who obviously left their brain, their critical thinking and their integrity at the immigration!

Have a good day in Lala- Land!

I have never been able to understand why as a New Year celebration is it held on different days? it is either New Year or it's not, plus here in Pattaya it goes on for a week which is way too long so I hope some officials here in Pattaya are also of the same mind to reduce the number of days for water wastage er sorry throwing

Well, well, well.....finally some common sense! Now how are they going to implement or enforce less water use during Songkran? Will police on the 4rh day arrest or fine revellers who continue the celebration?

Since there's never been a fourth day in Bangkok, I guess the answer to your last question is ''no'' ;)

Ohh then we all come upcountry for the other 4 days of waterfighting thumbsup.gif

Spraying old farang is the most fun because they are too slow to run away gigglem.gif I will bring extra talkonpowder for their bald heads as well.facepalm.gif

-----------------------------

Then go - - - - yourself.

I will be out of Thailand during that time....probably sitting on a beach in Nha Trang or Vung Tau in Vietnam.

Can someone enlighten me.

Maybe it is just me but 1 official says songkran will not be cut back, then another says songkran will be cut back to save water.

As far as i am aware songkran has been 3 days for years. So if that is the case what on earth is the deputy governor talking about.

Left hand right hand situation, in the end they all spout sh..e.

Doesn't matter, they won't take a blind bit of notice anyway. Here on Phuket it's just one day of childishness, easily avoidable. Why can't this apply nationwide? Oh right, it's that 'consistency' thing again coffee1.gif

Slowly I understand why my thai family is impossible to calculate the money ,

to cover the 30 days for a month !

BKK need 2 mill m3 per day of water,

that BKK will not be short,

he will add 40 mill m3 per day !!

So what they will do with the remaining 38 mill m3 per day ?

pump in the sea ??

Thai Mathematics !!

Why not use the untreated sewer water that they dump directly into the ocean on PEE PEE Island? Easy to hook a pump up to the pipe at the beach. That way at least on that Island they could save water. Maybe same for Bangkok.

Note to all the kids on my street. (Young kids and old).

Since growing a kilogram of rice requires around 2 tons of water, I’ve decided not to buy my usual 2-3 kg of rice for March and April, freeing up plenty of water for you bastards to drench me over and over, one more year. Have at it!

To be clear, I don’t care much for the way Songkran has morphed from a respectful tradition to a booze fueled watery free for all, but who am I to stand in between kids (and drunken tourists) and their follies?

All I ask is that you also drench the turdwad from apartment 306 as often and as wet as you can.

Thanks