Canadian man thanks Sa Kaeo Immigration officers for saving his life

rooster59

Canadian man thanks Sa Kaeo Immigration officers for saving his life

Kwaang Siripoom

post-247607-0-96794500-1457770566_thumb.

SA KAEO:-- A Canadian man who collapsed while passing through the Aranyaprathet border checkpoint has thanked Thai immigration officers for saving his life.

Mr Donald James Hardie, 62, who suffers from acute hypoglycemia collapsed and hit his head as he waited in line at immigration on Wednesday.

Officers saw Mr Hardie was in need of medical attention and came to his aid, making him comfortable and calling a doctor.

On Thursday Mr Hardie visited the immigration officers he credits with saving his life.

"I have known for a long time how kind Thai people are and it is one of the reasons that I decided to marry my Thai wife who I live with in Phichit province”, said Hardie.

Pol. Lt. Col. Ruengdet told reporters: “Taking good care of all tourists is the main policy of Immigration officers. Every immigration officer has to serve all tourists from all nationalities in the same, polite with service-minded."

Mr Hardie revealed that he was going to continue on with his trip to Cambodia after visiting the immigration officers.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-12

This is a joke, no? Quote "Taking good care of all tourists is the main policy of Immigration officers. Every immigration officer has to serve all tourists from all nationalities in the same, polite with service-minded." Unquote.

Polite?

If one can call greeting visitors with a sullen and unsmiling face, not even looking at the visitor when taking/handing back his/her passport, as 'polite'. I use swampy often and I can count with one hand how many times an officer has actually acknowledged (never mind reciprocate!) me when I said 'sawasdee krub' and 'kob khun krub'. I have stopped doing it already. They just look like they have a stick permanently up their behinds. Land of smiles my ****.

To any immigration officers, or those with friends in the immigration department, reading this - if you hate your job so much, or hate visitors to your country so much, why don't you just get a job where you don't have to face visitors or even the outside world? And save the rest of the world the unpleasantness.

Wow, we seem to be a little peeved today.....There are good and bad everywhere, and if you want to see a really miserable immigration officer try Riyadh, giggle.gif

I admit there have been a few times I have arrived in Swampy and been met with nary a smile nor comment, but I find they are the exception and not the rule. Come on outsider, give me a smile....rolleyes.gif

It is nice that they went to his aid. But when this particular immigration checkpoint is crowded, as it can be, lines extend outside onto the street where there is no shade at all. I have often thought, while sweltering out there, that it was an accident waiting to happen. No water, no shade, nothing but the hot sun beating down while one waits, and waits, and waits.

There is at least one and sometimes 2 immigration kiosks limited to Thai passport holders which are largely empty and do not pick up the slack no matter how long the line of foreign passport holders grows.

This is a joke, no? Quote "Taking good care of all tourists is the main policy of Immigration officers. Every immigration officer has to serve all tourists from all nationalities in the same, polite with service-minded." Unquote.

Polite?

If one can call greeting visitors with a sullen and unsmiling face, not even looking at the visitor when taking/handing back his/her passport, as 'polite'. I use swampy often and I can count with one hand how many times an officer has actually acknowledged (never mind reciprocate!) me when I said 'sawasdee krub' and 'kob khun krub'. I have stopped doing it already. They just look like they have a stick permanently up their behinds. Land of smiles my ****.

To any immigration officers, or those with friends in the immigration department, reading this - if you hate your job so much, or hate visitors to your country so much, why don't you just get a job where you don't have to face visitors or even the outside world? And save the rest of the world the unpleasantness.

I wholeheartedly agree but in a recent journey to India via London the sour faced bastards was incredible. Bossed me around like a disobedient dog then manhanded very roughly making me feel like punching the <deleted>. No need for all that crap either in transit or visiting. They seem to forget it's our air fares that keep them in a job. Usually always fly direct but my stupid sister booked my flights haha.

Polite?

When faced with dickheads all day every day it is hard to crack a smile,ask any bar owner.I don't even get a welcome back home from Australian Immigration,spoils my day,for about 1 minute.Then it's on to the unsmiling bus driver and so the day of no smiles goes on and on.

Give them a break -- it's got to be one of the most boring jobs on the planet.

what about cut sugar cane make roof in the hot season drive a non airconbus wear a police uniform in the sun drive a rotten truck walk on the beach to sell sthin work in a factory where you cannot sit... give US a break Edited by jerome2

Just remember the people these officers have to deal with.

Go in with a smile and a decent attitud and it will be returned.You get back what you give.

What are you talking about? I go through Immigration about 12 times a year and I never see tourists misbehaving or getting out of line. What do you mean?