At least 16 dead in Ivory Coast beach shooting

webfact

At least 16 dead in Ivory Coast beach shooting

606x341_327030.jpg

GRAND-BASSAM: -- At least 16 people including four Europeans were killed on Sunday after gunmen opened fire at a beach resort in Ivory Coast, according to a police source.

Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara has confirmed that the dead include fourteen civilians and two soldiers and said that in total there were six gunmen who opened fire on the beach.

The north African branch of al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility for the attack.

It happened at the Etoile du Sud complex in Grand Bassam, a resort popular with Western tourists, some 40 kilometres east of the country’s main city, Abidjan.

Local reports also suggest the assailants were masked and carried grenades.

gb.jpg
screenshot

Sunday’s shooting comes nearly two months after Islamist fighters killed dozens of people in a hotel and café frequented by foreigners in neighbouring Burkina Faso’s capital Ouagadougou, raising concern that the reach of militancy in West Africa is spreading.

French president François Hollande called the shooting a “cowardly attack” and promised to lend the Ivory Coast logistical support and military intelligence.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-14

Islamist extremists again making headlines for atrocities. Since moderate Muslims have no hope of reigning in their extremist sons and neighbors, they should do the honorable thing: Quit the religion in protest. It won't quell the blood-lust of extremists, but at least the former deists won't have to keep trying to make excuses by saying lame things like, "Islam is a religion of peace"

Islamist extremists again making headlines for atrocities. Since moderate Muslims have no hope of reigning in their extremist sons and neighbors, they should do the honorable thing: Quit the religion in protest. It won't quell the blood-lust of extremists, but at least the former deists won't have to keep trying to make excuses by saying lame things like, "Islam is a religion of peace"

"The north African branch of al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility for the attack." What has this got to do with reality?

Anyone can 'claim' anything. Any news bureau can report a claim? Is there any due diligence here?

What was the claim for and for what advantage of the so-called al-Qaeda was claimed? Due diligence.

As long as I have the means, explosives and or weapons I can go round shooting and killing and claiming anything, particularly if I am being paid for it.

This had nothing to do with religion per se. Its about creating political instability for financial gain. Forget about the religion. Most religions have nasty little violent rules in them for those that don't toe the political line. Most religions have been encouraged by those that use them for political purposes. Pity the sheep that follow them, and pity us for bleiving anything we see or hear in this mirage of falsity.

Islam is and always has been a religion of hate and intolorance ,even their Prophet was a warlord .sad.png

Yes, he was a leader of a troupe of raiders. One of his raids, there was a cute very young Jewish girl. One of M's right-hand men got her. M was very horny that night. Next morning, he talked with the young right-hand man and told him that Allah had come to him in a dream and declared that He (M) was the one who should own the girl. The right-hand man had no choice but to comply, and give the girl to M.

"I don,t think Donald Trump was very far from the mark when he said that the muslims hate us"​ writes Phantomfiddler. Well I certainly hope not because my GP, solicitor and my dentist are all Muslims.

Given the amount of paedophile Catholic priests out there maybe all Catholics should give up their religion. Given the atrocities committed by both sides of the Irish conflicts maybe all Christians should reject their religion too. There are many wars fought in the name of one religion or another but that doesn't make any religion better than another. There are good people and bad people and they exist in all religions

"I don,t think Donald Trump was very far from the mark when he said that the muslims hate us"​ writes Phantomfiddler. Well I certainly hope not because my GP, solicitor and my dentist are all Muslims.

Given the amount of paedophile Catholic priests out there maybe all Catholics should give up their religion. Given the atrocities committed by both sides of the Irish conflicts maybe all Christians should reject their religion too. There are many wars fought in the name of one religion or another but that doesn't make any religion better than another. There are good people and bad people and they exist in all religions

Looked at in a contemporary perspective, Islam really is a bad religion, if harming innocents is considered harmful. The tens of thousands of Islamist radicals ww can readily cite several passages in their holy book which justifies killing innocents. There's a part of the human psyche, particularly among men from late teens to early 30's which can be influenced to commit atrocities. It's been shown throughout human history, not least with Nazi SS, Stalin's guards, and Pol Pot's minions. Today's Islam extremists are continuing that trend. Christian extremists aren't near as destructive overall, even taking into account the butt plug Norwegian who destroyed scores of youngsters.