Thai police general is among the list of mafia bosses handed over to police by Army

webfact

Police general is among the list of mafia bosses handed over to police by the Army

160305-wpcf_728x409.jpg

Royal Thai Police commissioner admitted that a police lieutenant general is among the list of 200 names of alleged mafias submitted to him by the Army to tackle under the policy of the military junta to face crackdown.

The Royal Thai Army handed in a list of suspected influential people to the police to carry out follow-on investigation.

Among those listed are a number of senior police officers with ranks as high as police generals and 200 other warrant officers.

The commissioner Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said a lieutenant general is among the list but declined to elaborate.

However he said he has summoned the officer for talk already.

“I cannot reveal any details of the list as yet because it is classified as secret. But I have already called one of the officers to report for questioning,” he said.

But he said there is a number of errors on the list as several discrepancies have been found with regards to the standing of certain officers listed.

Some names which are still active are on the inactive list while other retired officers are listed as active, he said.

As for the other active officers whose names appear on the list, they will be removed from their current posts pending an investigation to reassure the public that the matter in being handled in the correct manner, the commissioner assured.

At the same time, the deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, Pol Gen Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul confirmed that Army investigators have handed them a list containing the names of more than 6,000 criminal bosses throughout the entire country.

The deputy commissioner was able to reveal that list contain the names of several police officers from ranks as high as police generals to warrant officers.

He stated that the investigation was not prejudiced nor was it politically motivated but was an encompassing policy to uncover any wrong doing by civil servants.

He reassured that thus far, since the existence of the list has been made public, no police officers have acted suspiciously by asking for transfers from their current posting.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/155090

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-15

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the same time, the deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, Pol Gen Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul confirmed that Army investigators have handed them a list containing the names of more than 6,000 criminal bosses throughout the entire country.

6000 criminal bosses is already a number.
Strange that army investigators must explain the names to the police.

The police could not discover before these 6000 criminal bosses itself?

Edited by tomacht8

He reassured that thus far, since the existence of the list has been made public, no police officers have acted suspiciously by asking for transfers from their current posting.

Please do not make this list public.
The risk that these 6000 criminal bosses flee or destroy evidence before, is too great.

Better identify beforehand, accuse and condemn.

After report on it.

"The Royal Thai Army handed in a list of suspected influential people criminals to the police to carry out follow-on investigation."

Call them what they are.

"Among those listed are a number of senior police officers with ranks as high as police generals and 200 other warrant officers."

One of the most senior police generals is now serving time at His Majesty's Pleasure. There must be a great deal of paranoia in many of the police departments following this news. The foxes have handed the rooster a list of bad chickens. And the show goes on, la de da de da.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of months regarding 'their own'.

If the punishments dished out (if found guilty) only lead to a move to an inactive post for serving members, then we can forget any change as to what is happening now, smoke & mirrors.

It isn't reassuring that he is discussing errors with the standings of officers already. in a true justice system this wouldn't matter, if the offender is guilty then they should face the laws of the land regardless.

This would show true transparency and IMO translate to the public what they want to see, proactive steps towards ending (slowing down) corruption. They shouldn't be throwing stones in greenhouses..........................wink.png

However he said he has summoned the officer for talk already.

“I cannot reveal any details of the list as yet because it is classified as secret. But I have already called one of the officers to report for questioning,” he said.

Hmm, any ideas what the outcome of those talks will be?

Ooos, the answer to my question was right below

But he said there is a number of errors on the list as several discrepancies have been found with regards to the standing of certain officers listed.

And how many on that same list are from the Royal Thai Army? I'm sure it's not only the police who are influential people.

And on another note: 6000 police officers both active and inactive and they have the nerve to want to sue someone for defamation for making a comment about position buying. Hmmm. Strange me thinks.

Edited by Rayk

There are under cover cops all over Thailand. They do catch serious criminals on occasion and it makes the news. Likely a lot that don't make the news to protect the cops cover and the informants.

We make jokes about the lame 50 man or 100 man raids that net nobody or 1 or 2 ladyboys on drugs. How many unreported busts do you think there are?

To say there are bad cops on the list here in Thailand is no different than the US or Mexico or Malaysia. No secret!

Edited by jmccarty

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of months regarding 'their own'.

If the punishments dished out (if found guilty) only lead to a move to an inactive post for serving members, then we can forget any change as to what is happening now, smoke & mirrors.

It isn't reassuring that he is discussing errors with the standings of officers already. in a true justice system this wouldn't matter, if the offender is guilty then they should face the laws of the land regardless.

This would show true transparency and IMO translate to the public what they want to see, proactive steps towards ending (slowing down) corruption. They shouldn't be throwing stones in greenhouses..........................wink.png

Nothing too dramatic will happen, because that's the way they keep the peace here. Too much punishment and you would have a civil war.

'“I cannot reveal any details of the list as yet because it is classified as secret. But I have already called one of the officers to report for questioning,” he said.'

Question: Can you implicate the military in your crimes?

You can? Ok, you're free to go.

Now the police will hand over a list of army officers classified as mafia bosses but what will happen to both these lists ?

Little Or Nothing ! Remember the lists of suspect civil servants, big fanfare followed by a couple of sideways moves and now, SILENCE !

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Credibility will go through the roof if these people are seen to be given hefty sentences. No matter if they are active or retired it should not matter they have to be brought to justice and justice must be seen to be done.

Edited by gandalf12

Who steps into the breech once removed people,

are gone, integrity is questionable,

how people operated with out some one being left behind who knew

what was going on is questionable.

unfortunately

"Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has stressed there will be no restructuring of the Royal Thai Police force"

whistling.gif

http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/news/news_detail/WNPOL5901200010010

I wonder if this is similar to when, after imposing Martial Law on 22 May 2014, Prayuth stressed that there was no going to be any coup?

One hopes so.

By the sound of this.

If one is in a inactive post this also protects you from prosecution?

Bringing up memories from the childhood.

You been a naughty boy, put on this hat and go sit in that corner for one hour.......

coffee1.gif

And how many on that same list are from the Royal Thai Army? I'm sure it's not only the police who are influential people.

And on another note: 6000 police officers both active and inactive and they have the nerve to want to sue someone for defamation for making a comment about position buying. Hmmm. Strange me thinks.

Ah but did anyone actually see a cop paying for his position? If it wasn't seen, it didn 't happen. Or that was what Id been told by a local prosecutor when I'd pointed out that another prosecutor had already been transferred for taking a bribe. Thick as bloody planks coffee1.gif