Latest info about getting a new British passport please

I have a Thai driving license, is this an acceptable form of identification?

Yes but has to be less than one year old from the day of issue

The passport is ID..

The driving licence can be used (as above) as address verification.

If older than 12 months submit with a covering note to say why it is the only thing you have. Back it up with a signed copy of wife/partner/landlord's ID card confirming that you live at said address.

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Any recent updates on UK passport renewal. Mine expires 13 Nov 2017 so I need to strat getting ready. I don't plan to use an agent. Juts courier out to the UK passport office. Anyone have any experience DIY and can offer any feed back. Thanks. 

You have to apply for it in Bangkok at the Trendy building.

See: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to apply for it in Bangkok at the Trendy building.

See: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Thank Joe. - I missed the UK agent in Bangkok details in my first pass of the many pages. I was working on the idea of being able to DHL to UK as per previous method.

I see I need to fly to Bangkok to apply and fly to BKK to collect. Wonder if a local Phuket agent can take care of all this ? What a hassle ...good old Brittania Rules with bureaucrats ...

Very easy at Trendy Building. Got a second passport from there in 2 weeks. Use the government website to download and print the application. Copy the passport fully in colour. PP photos UK size. In and out from appointment and email to come pick it up. No problems.

• Thanks 1

They were obviously not that worried, 3 years later and they are still issuing them abroad

Very easy at Trendy Building. Got a second passport from there in 2 weeks. Use the government website to download and print the application. Copy the passport fully in colour. PP photos UK size. In and out from appointment and email to come pick it up. No problems. Pay for the extra page passport too....cheaper in the long run.

23 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Thank Joe. - I missed the UK agent in Bangkok details in my first pass of the many pages. I was working on the idea of being able to DHL to UK as per previous method.

I see I need to fly to Bangkok to apply and fly to BKK to collect. Wonder if a local Phuket agent can take care of all this ? What a hassle ...good old Brittania Rules with bureaucrats ...

There are agency's who can do it all for you, do a Google search, cost is normally 5000 Baht plus PP costs

Worth noting that it does not have to be an "agent", anyone can submit your application for you and pick up the new passport. Useful if you have friends who might be going to Bangkok around the same time. I applied myself and a friend's girlfriend picked mine up.
  • Thanks 1