Photos in News section.

Felipesed

Why is it necessary to show photos in the headers of the News topics?

In the majority of the threads, the photos are of no relevance to the topic, are stock photos, and contribute nothing to the topic.

They are a waste of bandwidth and screen space.

Any photo necessary could be embedded into the main article, or a link shown for those that need a visual element to their reading.

Thanks for the reply. It seems that many of the photos seemed to be added by ThaiVisa news team.

Can this be confirmed?

I can understand photos in the main thread, but not in the header that is shown when one views the News topics.

Normally viewing in Tapatalk on iPhone or iPad incidentally.

Edited by Felipesed

Thanks for the reply. It seems that many of the photos seemed to be added by ThaiVisa news team.

Can this be confirmed?

I can understand photos in the main thread, but not in the header that is shown when one views the News topics.

Normally viewing in Tapatalk on iPhone or iPad incidentally.

Yes, some topics are authored by members of the Thaivisa news team, for example this topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/904199-metropolitan-police-chief-tells-foreigners-to-carry-passports-or-copies-at-all-times/. Nothing wrong with the inclusion of the photo at the top.

I am not familiar with Tapatalk but am using the Thaivisa Connect app on my mobile Android devices. Are you saying that the page listing the news topics, as shown in the screenshot below taken on my phone, displays the photo from the topic mentioned above on your phone with Tapatalk?

post-21260-0-61970600-1458492699_thumb.p

Thaivsa currently offers two ways of easy reading on mobile devices:

1. The Thaivisa app for Android and iOS
  2. The mobile browser version (see screenshot below)

post-21260-0-56407000-1458492701_thumb.p

Neither version shows the photo from the top of post #1 in the page listing the topics.