Major new crackdown on visa overstay in Thailand starts today

rooster59

I know someone who's going to pay the 20,000 fine and most likely get a 10 year ban on his way out.

And he doesn't really give a <deleted>, as he says (and I agree) it's hardly a compelling and progressive place people are getting banned from.

But yet they came and overstayed for an extensive length of time none the less...rolleyes.gif

It only took him 5+ years to figure that out. Bravo! clap2.gif

I wonder what compelling/progressive garden spot he's re-locating to from here?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So why in my 26 years of departing at Bangkok's airport with 1 day overstay, NO fine?

For sure its a FINE for 1 day overstay via land crossing, LEGAL maybe not the correct phrase/meaning ...I'm not here to split hairs, but it sure states this "1 day overstay allowed if traveling by air" somewhere if you look..

I am told that if departing from the airport, versus a land border, there is a one day grace period on the overstay fine.

+1

So why in my 26 years of departing at Bangkok's airport with 1 day overstay, NO fine?

For sure its a FINE for 1 day overstay via land crossing, LEGAL maybe not the correct phrase/meaning ...I'm not here to split hairs, but it sure states this "1 day overstay allowed if traveling by air" somewhere if you look..

I am told that if departing from the airport, versus a land border, there is a one day grace period on the overstay fine.
My son came to visit last year and I miscalulated the days when I booked the flight which resulted in a one day overstay. They didnt fine him but did stamp his passport with this red stamp. It was his first visit to Thailand. He said they were very good to him.

My 1 day overstay stamps are all black, when i get my next one I'll ask for a red one as i don't want to miss out on a new colorgiggle.gif

All joking aside, i have NEVER overstayed more than 1 day in my 26 years here and its about time they clamped down on this, in fact why do they still have the maximum of 20,000 baht fine when an over stayer leaves the kingdom, if they overstay by more than 90 days or more they should be charged @500 per day!

That would stamp out all this overstay!

BTW, if you overstay cos of bad health/accident etc, etc... as long as you inform the authorities you are finethumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

so am i right to say that if u overstayed but no more than 90 days n u pay the fine, u will not be banned?

Correct! Unlimited overstays no issue at all as long as they're under 90 days each.

so am i right to say that if u overstayed but no more than 90 days n u pay the fine, u will not be banned?

Correct! Unlimited overstays no issue at all as long as they're under 90 days each.

wrong, if you get caught, you will be banned. unlimited but no more than 90 days, that is limited.

wrong, if you get caught, you will be banned. unlimited but no more than 90 days, that is limited.

He said in cases where you pay the fine, so he's at an airport / border already.

He said in cases where you pay the fine, so he's at an airport / border already.

no, he didn't say that

no, he didn't say that

See his post above - 'n u pay the fine'.

I'm under 30 and can translate that - 'and you pay the fine'. He means exiting the country with fine in hand.