'Too busy': Hit-and-text teen driver accused of breaching community service order

webfact

'Too busy': Hit-and-text teen driver accused of breaching community service order
By Coconuts Bangkok

prawa_hit_and_texter.jpg
In December 2010, Orachorn “Praewa” Thephasadin Na Ayudhya was protographed texting after she crashed her car into a commuter van, killing nine people.

BANGKOK: -- The unlicensed teen driver who killed 9 people in a car crash on Don Mueang Tollway in 2010 has been accused of breaching her community service order — her sole punishment instead of a prison term.

Orachorn “Praewa” Thephasadin Na Ayudhya, now 22, who was spared from spending a single day in jail and was ordered to do 48 hours of community service per year for four years, has not performed any legit community service in the past three years due to the excuse that she was “busy with her studies,” according to Nonthaburi Probation Office.

Pol. Col. Narat Sawetanant, director-general of the Probation Department, said that Praewa was supposed to consult with the Probation Department officials as to where she'd be sent to perform community service, but she has failed to do so.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/03/21/too-busy-hit-and-text-teen-driver-accused-breaching-community-service-order

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-03-21

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for the poor child To think the courts would want her to put in 4 hours a month doing community service. How can she fit that in with parties and facebook,not to mention clubbing and drinking. She is very busy.Gee she only killed 9 innocent people. Why do they treat her so bad.

I feel for the poor child To think the courts would want her to put in 4 hours a month doing community service. How can she fit that in with parties and facebook,not to mention clubbing and drinking. She is very busy.Gee she only killed 9 innocent people. Why do they treat her so bad.

I bet she hasn't missed a wink of sleep since she killed them either.

These "people" are brought up to believe they are far superior to the great unwashed.

These "people" are brought up to believe they are far superior to the great unwashed.

A bit like a lot of farangs living in Thailand you mean ?

I forgot to add how refreshing and assuring it is to know. If some young woman kills me with a car it will not disturb her life in the least.Even if 8 others die with me. She can just go on like I was nothing more than a speed bump.Her life will not be disrupted i at all.

Sort of makes you want to get killed here if you are going to get killed. It will be of no consequences. So the murderer will be problem free. Very good that they donot want a sweet young girl to feel bad.

Edited by lovelomsak

I'm 100% sure that had it been a farang that did what she did, the key would have been thrown away......so really, she' not one bit like any farang

based upon the outcome of this case, I would not say it is not a belief, but a fact.

This woman is quite rightfully being bashed.

Just because you or others think this is socially acceptable; doesn't mean others can't be angry with it.

This woman is quite rightfully being bashed.

Just because you or others think this is socially acceptable; doesn't mean others can't be angry with it.

"This women"....."These people"....see the difference ?....one version is acceptable, the other, a sweeping generalisation isnt,even if he puts it in inverted commas....

caption for photo:

"Hi Dad. I just killed nine people and totaled the car."

"That is OK honey. I didn't like the color and the ash trays were full so I was going to get rid of it."

Edited by NCC1701A

in any other country she would have been jailed and her parents also charged for buying her the car but here if you have the right connections and are hi-so with an important name nothing you do is held against you. Maybe when Thailand starts to judge all people equally for what they do and not on who they are so they dont lose face it will start to become more civilized. This piece of excrement needs to be thrown in lock up and taught to take responsibility fro what she has done, something sadly missing in this country, it maybe a great place to live but sorting out these cretins would help it a lot. Its hard when parents see no wrong in allowing their kids to break the law knowingly, then after they kill people get off because of their names, pathetic.

Her brother defended her to the media at the time of the killing. Probably not a great choice as he was a D list actor who had been convicted for breaking his girlfriend's nose in a domestic violence incident. Sentenced to prison for 12 months but wholly suspended, of course. His 'hiso' friends said at the time " he's not really violent, just hot-tempered" All in all a lovely family and fully representative of the ruling elite.

A disgrace, she deserves to spend some time in jail now. Otherwise what was the point of the original jail sentence. Pretty sure putting this girl inside would be seen as a win for the beleaguered cops / judiciary. Can almost guarantee they will do as much wrangling as possible to keep her / her folks out of sight and away from scrutiny (for a nice fee of course). Pathetic

Perhaps, but she killed a van load of academics...hardly the unwashed.

I think she should go to prison now, as she is old enough, and in breach of her conditions.

No licence, no insurance, texting while driving, 9 people dead becuse of her attitude and that of her family to let her drive. Jail the selfish bitch and tge parent who let her drive their car.

Teach these scumbags a lesson because the sentence she got taught them nothing except confirm they really are above the law.

Utter scum, there is just simply no way to describe how scummy this individual is and the fact she obviously feels no remorse or has learnt anything from taking the lives of nine people. Jesus christ.....how do Thais let stuff like this happen?

based upon the outcome of this case, I would not say it is not a belief, but a fact.

With her last name, na Ayutthaya , this outcome of no punishment was a given....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

She was handed the softest of possible sentences with minimal community service, yet her lawyer still tried to negotiate it down further. If she was in anyway remorseful she would have done community service many times over in light of her taking nine lives. The sense of entitlement of her and her family is breathtaking, even for Thailand.

"Watt."............that may be too subtle for you