3 shot when police stop turns into gun battle north of Bangkok

webfact

3 Shot When Police Stop Turns Into Gun Battle North of Bangkok (Video)
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14585609211458560944l.jpg
Drugs were found inside a vehicle at the center of a firefight with police Monday afternoon in northern metro Bangkok.

PATHUM THANI — Police are still hunting a man who opened fire on officers in broad daylight Monday to evade a checkpoint in northern metro Bangkok.

Two cops and a woman were injured by gunfire in Pathum Thani’s Khlong 5 area after police fired at the tire of a car fleeing a checkpoint, prompting its driver to shoot back.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458560921&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-22

Two cops and a woman wounded in a shootout in Pathum Thani

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fri3Jg4LaY1FZMjywTppDRW

PATHUM THANI: -- Two police officers and a woman were injured in a gun fight between the officers and a gunman after he broke through a roadblock in Pathum Thani province Monday afternoon.

The shootout followed an incident which took place at about 3 pm when car driven by the gunman broke through the police roadblock on a road in Klong 5, Thunyaburi district. The car later stopped near a traffic light and the gunman sprang out and opened fire at the pursuing policemen before he escaped into Suan Kaset housing estate.

It was reported that the police returned fire and one of the bullets hit a woman in the car in her leg. Two patrolmen who gave chase were hit by gunshots with one of them in serious condition with a gunshot wound in his left chest.

Police reinforcements were called in to lay siege to the housing estate where the escaping gunman was believed to be hiding.

A search of his abandoned car found some methamphetamine tablets.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/156137

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-22

I have lived in Thailand for over 30 years but I would never ever want to live in the center of Bangkok. I would prefer the Bronx as it used to be i.e. lawless. Thailand has no control over crime and the criminals know it. They way it is going Thailand will be considered the same as the other trouble spots in the world and Thai's will not be welcomed in any country

Thailand has no control over crime and the criminals know it.

I think that this is a rare incident and the Thai police may take offence at your statement.

They usually have complete control over crime.

Edited by andrew55

I have lived in Thailand for over 30 years but I would never ever want to live in the center of Bangkok. I would prefer the Bronx as it used to be i.e. lawless. Thailand has no control over crime and the criminals know it. They way it is going Thailand will be considered the same as the other trouble spots in the world and Thai's will not be welcomed in any country

So you would prefer to live in pathum thani, which is not central Bangkok at all.

I think that this is a rare incident and the Thai police may take offence at your statement.

No offense, but you have GOT to be a "newby" with a statement like that. whistling.gif

No offense, but you have GOT to be a "newby" with a statement like that. whistling.gif

No offence taken.

I've spent more of my life here than some but less than others.

andrew55 post # 8

Indeed very true as shown by the recent transfer of over 100 police personnel for their questionable practices and friendships with certain types of people hence those police personnel being moved to inactive posts.

Think about what you wrote. Was it,sarcasm or is it blissful ignorance as to the real state of affairs?whistling.gif

this story remember me another one. Few years ago in Bkk, a drug dealer was followed by two plain-clothes cops.

But the two cops ignored they were themselves followed by anothers drug dealers with machine gun and uzzi.... the 2 cops ended in the cimetery

andrew55 post # 8

Indeed very true as shown by the recent transfer of over 100 police personnel for their questionable practices and friendships with certain types of people hence those police personnel being moved to inactive posts.

Think about what you wrote. Was it,sarcasm or is it blissful ignorance as to the real state of affairs?whistling.gif

It was in fact sarcasm. A low form of wit. I still believe that the Thai police have control over crime. Unless they tender control to the Russians in a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Bangkok = wild west of asia blink.png

Pathum Thani, wild east of Thailand.rolleyes.gif

Meth tablets in the car, big problem now , years ago the Nana girls used to buy it to stay awake without hassle, now its getting out of control and being used by more and more young people.

The main supply of ingredients coming from China.

Mafia gangs and chinese heavily involved.

Guess what-- meth in NZ and Australia a huge problem-- controlled by Chinese supply, Local gangs and Mafia.

But didn't a girl in the car get shot in the leg, so maybe she can help the police identify and catch the villain, be intersting to see who he is.

A shoot out happened near my house in Hua Hin a few weeks ago , undercover bust and bullets were flying everywhere, thought it was safe in the quiet Sois.

The video shouldn't be surprising, but how inept are those police?

One walks behind a car that just tried to reverse ram him. All of the police duck and then immediately come out completely exposed to the shooter(s)...dancing around back and forth without taking cover.

They must have some expensive amulets or something.

This is crazy!!!! Land of Shootings???? I speak fluent Thai, so let me translate the video:

"wow, this guy is trying to sell fake jade."

"his amulet is not blessed by real monk"

"he said mean stuff on TV"

"his gf talked to a farang once"

"his gf sold a 30 baht mango shake for 35 baht"

technically this shooting won't be called an "official crime" until 2074. so, still crime free area!!!

it seems your talking about another video

If you are implying that this was the center of BKK your well of mark. This is far from the center of BKK.

You too must also be a "newby" cuz clearly you are not aware that the BIB follows this site very carefully. ;-)

Gunman arrested after seven hours of hiding in dense green swamp

283-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The gunman who broke through a police checkpoint and engaged a shooting with police in Thunyaburi district of Pathum Thani province yesterday afternoon was arrested shortly before midnight last night after almost seven hours of hiding in a dense green swamp behind a housing estate.

The shooting resulted in two police being shot, and the gunman’s relative injured.

The hunt for the gunman, identified later as Rungroj Suaprang, 26, involved special action force police armed with assault rifles, sniffing dogs, and a police helicopter hovering above the green swamp with spotlight beaming down to look for the hiding gunman.

Rungroj later surrendered and came out of his hideout with hands over his head under pressure by a hundred of police and volunteers walking to find him in the swamp in a pincer movement.

The injured gunman said he opened fire at police in bid to escape from his car because he had gun and drugs in possession.

He admitted that he visited a friend who is a drug prisoner at a prison in Klong 5 and while was on the way back he sighted a police roadblock.

Fearing of being arrested for drugs, and gun, he decided to break through the roadblock.

Police said the gunman is on the wanted list of police for drugs, attempted murder, carrying gun to public places.

Police said they will charge him for drugs, resisting police arrest, attempted murder, and illegal possession of firearms.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/156231

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-22

I suggest you read the news more often. Shoot outs happen regularly as does murders.

why wasnt the cop stood waiting to be reversed over not pumping rounds though the back window? coulda saved a lot of others from being hurt.

In such a confined area, and given the poor training of the police... if shoots had been fired through the back window of the car they probably would have exited through the front and gone anywhere.

As I read it, it is possible the woman casualty was possibly not hit with police bullets, and no confirmation that the police casualties were bullets from the gun man.

P.S. Glad they got him... hope he gets a sentence that will make criminals think twice before arming themselves.

Edited by Basil B

If you wonder why the crime limit is low in Thailand and why people avoid confrontation, then watch the video of this man being pulled over a wall, dragged through a crowd of on lookers and shoved in a car. Clearly anyone viewing this would think twice before committing a crime in Thailand.

Now he's got prison for the rest of his life, makes you think, If only this hard line approach could be copied and used in western countries, you'd see over night how the crime rate would drop.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

You too must also be a "newby" cuz clearly you are not aware that the BIB follows this site very carefully. ;-)

Oh, really? Well, if that were the case, and they were smart enough to read & understand English, then have the posters on here, myself included, would have been in jail a long time ago, so go try your "scare tactics" on someone they might work on, because they don't work on here.

Edited by Just1Voice

So a shooting occurs almost 50km from the center of Bangkok and you are relieved you don't live in the center?

How bizarre.

As for living in central Bangkok - I did for 15 years, never ever had a problem of any sort.

Now I leave East of the city but not through fear of Big bad Bangkok.

seriously if the police have control over crimein Bangkok, they should move to place like pattaya or phuket, because every single day, a farang got stabbed therewhistling.gif

Really?

Odd that I don't hear of this and I live in Pattaya.

It's the same guy - they stopped reporting it now, figuring it's only giving his girlfriend undue attention.