Thai Immigration Bureau calls for strict monitoring of travelers after attacks in Belgium

webfact

Immigration Bureau calls for strict monitoring of travelers after attacks in Belgium

im.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 March 2016 (NNT) - The Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau has urged all jurisdictions to strictly inspect those traveling in and out of Thailand.

Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn Prousoontorn also said he had instructed officials to coordinate with Belgian officials to determine whether the suspects in the recent terrorist attack in Belgium have ever entered Thailand.

Meanwhile, Deputy Spokesperson of the Royal Thai Police Col Krisana Pattanacharoen, revealed that the Royal Thai Police have called for the integration of intelligence on tourist information between various jurisdictions to better screen foreigners.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-23 footer_n.gif

Despite decades of trying and full military presence, they cant stop them coming across the southern border, how in hell do they expect the same "highly trained immigration professionals" to ever catch a few random terrorists crossing Thai borders.

Edited by Reigntax

Worked a treat before the Erawan Shrine bombings and the following cluster**** of an 'investigation' not to mention the constant troubles in the South....where do they find these idiot 'officials' who clearly can't do their jobs?

Same place they find all the rest of them so it seems these days ...

Despite decades of trying and full military presence, they cant stop them coming across the southern border, how in hell do they expect the same "highly trained immigration professionals" to ever catch a few random terrorists crossing Thai borders.

In the same way that "highly trained immigration professionals" prevent terrorists entering Europe, the UK and the USA ?

The response of Belgium following the Paris attacks was to put thousands of soldiers in the streets. Despite this, and despite the massive amounts of intelligence being gathered, two of the most obvious targets for terrorists—an airport and the metro—were hit in Brussels. It can only be called an utter failure on the parts of the security services, both in strategy and the response adopted in order to “defeat terror.”

This "integration of intelligence on tourist information between various jurisdictions to better screen foreigners" is nothing but smoke and mirrors. It's a ruse to reinforce the idea that the government is here to protect you and your well-being, which in fact is wrong on many levels. The government works solely to protect its interests first. Increased presence of police in public places to ‘counter terrorism’ is theatre.

Edit: grammar fix.

Edited by jamesbrock

Especially if they're carrying a few brown envelopes TIT.

Their full names are in the EU newspapers, so it's easy to check them. Also they used false names by the way, good luck with that.

Oh and my friends won't come to visit me, they won't fly anymore for some years.

Ring Ring. Ring Ring. Ring Ring.

Out of Breath Belgian Imm Officer answers. Explosions, gun fire and Allah Akbar chants in the background:

"Hello! Belgian Immigration!"

Thai Imm Official: Herro! My name Khun Poontang Tingtong Whoopdeedoo, I working Immiglayshun Thailand. Bik Bot tell me call you right now, we help fix ga-lobal ploblums. You terr me, tellolist in your country come to Thailand before?

Belgian Imm O: "What? Who? Thailand? You must be barking mad to call right now! Don't you realize we are in the midst of a serious terrorist attack? What is your <expletive> problem, you bloody <expletive>!

CLICK.

Worked a treat before the Erawan Shrine bombings and the following cluster**** of an 'investigation' not to mention the constant troubles in the South....where do they find these idiot 'officials' who clearly can't do their jobs?

..........they have an eternal supply!

One could be factitous and suggest that some of the administration could be called into question, lets face it , a Junta isn't such a great example, it would depend on ones loyalty and interpretation , bit like calling the pot black to most people .........................................coffee1.gif

"how in hell do they expect the same "highly trained immigration professionals" to ever catch a few random terrorists crossing Thai borders."

Well by not taking money from them or their agents to allow them walk in would be a good start.

"Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn Prousoontorn also said he had instructed officials to coordinate with Belgian officials to determine whether the suspects in the recent terrorist attack in Belgium have ever entered Thailand."

Can't the immigration simply check their own computer?

Corruption, and the resulting incompetence of 'officials' who buy their positions, will be the ultimate downfall of Thailand.

Thailand / Siam has been corrupt and around for a very long time.

It's not "where you came from", but I do not see an abrupt end any time in the near future.

Can you name me one country in the world that is not corrupt?

Some are better at hiding it or denying it than others, but they all are corrupt.

I find it refreshing that Thailand is so open and honest about how dishonest it is!wai2.gif

Fellas, this is simply one of those things that Have To Be Said at such a time. It really isn't worth getting hot under the collar about.

Indeed. Like Dopey Cameron say we all need to stick together, or Hollande expressing his solidarity - they feel obliged to comment.

Notice Mrs. Merkel is keeping very quiet so far.

The amount of muslims I meet who have European passports is sickening - always men- never women - frequently with no language skills of their adopted country. Really dangerous. Every single one a potential ISIS supporter or activist. Trump was right about banning muslims but it should apply to all countries whatever their passport says.

But they can make sure they prevent them from getting married or retiring in Thailand by tightening the requirements a little more.

Yea and these terrorists can't buy a house in Thailand either.

That's why they go to Europe, they get one for nothing. Plus free medical treatment, money handouts etc etc.

Then they bite the hand that feeds them.

Corruption, and the resulting incompetence of 'officials' who buy their positions, will be the ultimate downfall of Thailand.

Thailand / Siam has been corrupt and around for a very long time.

It's not "where you came from", but I do not see an abrupt end any time in the near future.

Can you name me one country in the world that is not corrupt?

Some are better at hiding it or denying it than others, but they all are corrupt.

I find it refreshing that Thailand is so open and honest about how dishonest it is!wai2.gif

Try offering tea money to the fuzz in the UK, then send me the address of which HM Prison you are residing at so that I can write and remind you of the load of blx that was your last post. Edited by jesimps

Didn't they also announce stricter immigration controls after the bombings in Bangkok and Paris, also following a report that ISIL members may or may not be hiding out in Thailand? And did anyone notice any change?

Edited by madmitch

i watched 2 elephants with gawd knows what loaded on their backs walk across an ankle deep river from myanmar to thailand and there was no police around for 20km to bother them so what good will hassling tourists at an airport going to achieve?