Gay parents fight for custody with surrogate in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

"I have nothing against gay people but they should burn in hell".

The translation of the above post. Lol.

Pure homophobia with a "feel good about myself" touch.

Translation of your post - "I am a PC sheep which causes codependency issues making me terrified of upsetting anyone in case they don't like me"

Even if the guy doesn't like gays, it doesn't make him homophobic for Christ's sake.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double down on the idiocy.

So if the baby stays in Thailand and lives with nobody really knows, perhaps the woman perhaps not, will YOU personally guarantee the child's well being.

Hint -- to say yes either way would be INSANE.

Rational readers know that.

Next ...

It's amazing how gay men stick up for each other just because they have a similar interest in bottoms.

I was brought up to think of gays as sexual deviants, as that is what the experts told us. The DSM told us they were mentally sick.all of a sudden, and I blame the village people, it was trendy to accept gays and sure to many gays getting into positions of power the American psychiatric association were forced to NOT call homosexuals people with a psychiatric disorder.

Personally, I am against gays trying to pretend that they are sexually normal, same sex weddings normal, and worst gay men adopting children is frankly disgusting.

Jung Jung well call me a bigot but i sure you I am not. I pity 5 child if she is brought up by such a couple, and please don't call them a family.

Please tell me you are 90 years old and stuck in a time warp....

Translation of your post - "I am a PC sheep which causes codependency issues making me terrified of upsetting anyone in case they don't like me"

Even if the guy doesn't like gays, it doesn't make him homophobic for Christ's sake.

huh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia

Haha ok.

I hate black people, dont call me racist though.

Loving all the backwards thinking dusty old grandpa's on thaivisa, keep on rockin like its 1930!

Errr, isn't that the definition of homophobia?

It's basically hatred, fear, or both.

Many people are understandably confused by the phobia part of it indicating it's only fear, but it's not.

Technically just "not liking" probably doesn't fit the definition.

Like if someone doesn't hate gays but just prefers not to hang out with them and otherwise wishing them no harm or discrimination, I think they could be spared the label.

Edited by Jingthing

^^

Definition includes 'aversion' which covers not liking and not hanging out.

Yeah, perhaps, sort of, but I wouldn't push it.

People should have a reasonable freedom of association in their personal life without people getting silly about it.

Of course it's different when it gets into the public sphere such as discrimination in housing, employment, etc.

Edited by Jingthing

Let Christ out of it, many brought him into discussion in the past and we saw the results.

Sorry, I am posting from a smartphone. Not Personal Computer (PC).

Edited by lkv

Nah,,,,if something is disgusting I tend not to have anything to do with it.

i.e. turds, beheadings, large spiders….all disgusting….best not to look at them……can still think they are disgusting though

Nah,,,,if something is disgusting I tend not to have anything to do with it.

i.e. turds, beheadings, large spiders….all disgusting….best not to look at them……can still think they are disgusting though

Awwww... poor boy... he's scared of Gays, Spiders and taking a pooh.... cheesy.gif

i know i would not of wanted 2 dads, instead of a Mum and Dad.

i can presume the same would be said for this poor kid when she grows up.

On the flip side, this kind of comment can be annoying.

I grew up with a single mum, no dad, didnt make a damn bit of difference.

Not like Im some kind of mutant for not having a dad, more successful than most nowadays

Parents are role models, they make a difference, this is what people want to believe. Those that grew up with a mother and father have never known any different anyway

A stable home, food on the table....thats about it, your role as a parent, Anything else is just make believe

I had a grade six student last school year, who a sort of opened my eyes how important a mom can be.

It was around mother's day, when I wanted to give them some ideas to write a nice looking card in English for their moms.

Then I saw one girl crying and sat down next to her. It turned out that her mom had left her with her grand mom, just to stay with another man.

I felt very sorry for this girl as she doesn't even know where her mom right now is. She'd love to see her and talk to her.

It's not just a stable home with two gay fathers who bought a cheap Asian child.

It's about human relationships. And I'm very happy that i could have such a nice mom who's always there when I needed her.

My mom raised four kids and my daddy who's an alcoholic was no help at all. My mom had to do his work, we had our own company doing taxes for big companies.

Don't you think that the two guys would have gotten a baby in Spain, or America to adopt? But such a mix looks so nice.

I hope that the baby will stay with mom and that they really give her the needed love.

If the lose the case, they can go to Cambodia and buy a baby for 20 K and the story continues....facepalm.gif

Precisely.

So if the baby stays in Thailand and lives with nobody really knows, perhaps the woman perhaps not, will YOU personally guarantee the child's well being.

Next ...

It's amazing how gay men stick up for each other just because they have a similar interest in bottoms.

I was brought up to think of gays as sexual deviants, as that is what the experts told us. The DSM told us they were mentally sick.all of a sudden, and I blame the village people, it was trendy to accept gays and sure to many gays getting into positions of power the American psychiatric association were forced to NOT call homosexuals people with a psychiatric disorder.

Personally, I am against gays trying to pretend that they are sexually normal, same sex weddings normal, and worst gay men adopting children is frankly disgusting.

Jung Jung well call me a bigot but i sure you I am not. I pity 5 child if she is brought up by such a couple, and please don't call them a family.

Call you a bigot? I wouldn't give the likes of you the satisfaction.

I say 'good on homosexual men'... they never did anything to hurt me... in fact they've done heterosexual males a favour.... they've left more women available for us heterosexual men !!... Oh... the lesbians even that score out though I guess... oh well, win some loose some !... coffee1.gif

....some of you guys are so scared of gay guys and anything related to supporting of Gay people that you remind me of the guy in American Sweetheart movie with Kevin Spacey...

Who cares if JT prefers Arthur over Martha... this whole distortion of the topic in attacking gay guys is becoming utterly ridiculous. Personally, I'm indifferent and apathetic towards homosexuals, if a guy wants to be gay its no business of mine. I am however against unnecessary negativity, outright stupidity and in this case the obvious bigotry getting thrown around....

------------------------

However, tying in these comments and bringing this back round on Topic... What if it were Two Lesbian Women who *(both unable to conceive) were to rely on a surrogate and face themselves in very similar circumstances... would the same 'anti-gay' Thai Visa activists be against them? against calling them a family etc? is it just Gay men having a family that they are against ?

Well this all started because Jingting was telling us at the beginning of this thread that it was just a legal issue because the gay folks had a legally binding contract. Then Shunter came along with his superior legal knowledge and blew Jingthing's legal argument out of the water (IMO)

Where upon Jingthing reached for the Gay play card and has been waving it eversince with help from his gay buddies.

Which they always do in rhese situations.

Well this all started because Jingting was telling us at the beginning of this thread that it was just a legal issue because the gay folks had a legally binding contract. Then Shunter came along with his superior legal knowledge and blew Jingthing's legal argument out of the water (IMO)

Where upon Jingthing reached for the Gay play card and has been waving it eversince with help from his gay buddies.

They always do.rolleyes.gif

Yeah, so homos always agree on everything.

That's what you're going with?

To repeat, the gay issue came up with this case because the surrogate woman made it an issue.

She claims she didn't know the child was going to a gay married couple. Something denied by the father.

Of course a contract couldn't be made with a gay married couple as gay marriage is not recognized in Thailand. It had to be made with a single man, the biological father.

Strange in a country very tolerant towards homosexuality.

More likely the mother just became attached to the child and wanted to keep it, along with the money.

More like

Strange in a country very tolerant towards homosexuality.

More likely the mother just became attached to the child and wanted to keep it, along with the money.

More like

The baby has been with it's actual family, not the litigating surrogate woman.

They always do.rolleyes.gif

Yeah, so homos always agree on everything.

That's what you're going with?

To repeat, the gay issue came up with this case because the surrogate woman made it an issue.

She claims she didn't know the child was going to a gay married couple. Something denied by the father.

Of course a contract couldn't be made with a gay married couple as gay marriage is not recognized in Thailand. It had to be made with a single man, the biological father.

Doesnt actually make it true though, just the card she played because she knew she'd get more sympathy from a conservative thai public/government/judiciary....or ironically also may have thought two guys would have a bigger combined income than a straight couple thus offer a fatter brown envelope

Next ...

I say 'good on homosexual men'... they never did anything to hurt me... in fact they've done heterosexual males a favour.... they've left more women available for us heterosexual men !!... Oh... the lesbians even that score out though I guess... oh well, win some loose some !... coffee1.gif

....some of you guys are so scared of gay guys and anything related to supporting of Gay people that you remind me of the guy in American Sweetheart movie with Kevin Spacey...

Who cares if JT prefers Arthur over Martha... this whole distortion of the topic in attacking gay guys is becoming utterly ridiculous. Personally, I'm indifferent and apathetic towards homosexuals, if a guy wants to be gay its no business of mine. I am however against unnecessary negativity, outright stupidity and in this case the obvious bigotry getting thrown around....

------------------------

However, tying in these comments and bringing this back round on Topic... What if it were Two Lesbian Women who *(both unable to conceive) were to rely on a surrogate and face themselves in very similar circumstances... would the same 'anti-gay' Thai Visa activists be against them? against calling them a family etc? is it just Gay men having a family that they are against ?

Really? Your post adds what to the topic?

Next ...

------------------------

You're another one.

Next ...

------------------------

You're another one.

Please explain TO ME what you are talking about. YOU WANT TO MAKE SNIDE COMMENTS OR ACCUSATIONS?