Canceling CTH in Chiang Mai nightmare

stargazer9999

Has anyone recently been able to successfully cancel CTH in Chiang Mai? If so, how??

CTH apparently does not have an office here in CM. True Vision does and they are a pleasure to do business with. About a year ago I had a billing dispute with CTH and my wife and I spent weeks and weeks trying to get it resolved. They didn't reply to emails at support. They didn't answer the phone. They didn't have any record of payments received and wanted supporting scans before they would credit the account. It was a nightmare and it drove me and my wife crazy.

Now I'm just trying to simply cancel their service and get the deposit back for the box. Their email support doesn't reply. I was on hold to their support for 35 minutes two days ago and then somehow disconnected within two minutes. Then I was on hold for over an hour yesterday and ended up just giving up.

There is nothing but dreadful reports on the internet about CTH and their poor service. I'm simply trying to find out if there is some way I don't know of to get rid of their horrible service and get my deposit back.

Deposit returned... I just assume all up front fees are simply 'cost of install'..

Oddly though, they just sent me a free satellite box, and credited me a year of platinum satellite, with more channels than I had with GMM.. So very good deal considering.

Deposit returned... I just assume all up front fees are simply 'cost of install'..

Oddly though, they just sent me a free satellite box, and credited me a year of platinum satellite, with more channels than I had with GMM.. So very good deal considering.

After all the derogatory posts about CTH here on TVF it's good to hear they appear to have at least 1 satisfied customer. I hope the freebies you have received are just that, and the invoice isn't in the 2 year CTH admin bottleneck, waiting to be posted to you at some future date!

Same with me. I just stopped paying,sent them a record of all my up to date payments and forgot it. You can kiss goodbye to your deposit but keep their box which they will never collect.

+ 1 knew I would never get my deposit back so made sure I was 2 months behind in payemnts which didnt quite equal the deposit but was better than losing 2,000 baht.Sent email to confirm cancellation ,asked them to collect dish and box, still sitting here 12 mths later.

From day one CTH were a shambles.Installers in Bangkok were going out to install dishes with them in the back of taxis , didnt even have a step ladder.

Friend of mine eventually gave up when he couldnt provide a step ladder in his condo.To not have an office in CM further encouraged distrust.

Some very wealthy Thai people invested money into CTH they must have done a lot of money.All CTH had going for them was theeEnglish Premier League games.

10 years we cancelled TRUE took 6 months to get our deposit back, TIT, and our payments were alawys on or before "pay date"

We also cancelled CTH a while back when they started putting extra charges on the bill which they couldn't explain. They kept calling after we cancelled saying we owed them money even though we had paid every month prior to the cancellation. They had asked us for 3 months security deposit when we first started using them so we pointed out that actually they owed us money, not the other way around.

At that point they said refunds were handled by a different department and they would pass our request for the refund on. We've never heard from them since.

Total shambles of a company.

I have exactly the same story as the poster. Billed for payments already made two years ago, no response to emails that showed receipts for what we had paid, no answer to phone calls. We even complained to the consumer board and still got nowhere (we'll get back to you within 30 days, 70 days ago). We used to spend hours calling and getting the service back on, only to be disconnected again the following month. So now we've given up. We get all the CTH football channels and far more using ilikehd for half the price. I'm not interested in trying to get the box deposit back as it will snow in Bangkok before that happens. I've sent an email to cancel the service, which will no doubt be treated in the same way as all my other emails to them - it will be ignored. How a company can 'function' like that is beyond belief, and no doubt they'll be out of business in a couple of months when the contract with the PL ends.

Add: we did have a local company that operated as a CTH agent, but they stopped dealing with them after CTH didn't pay 100,000 baht they owed them.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

I have 2 CTH satellite boxes, and a small cable box collecting dust. The CTH dish I use after adjusting it's position and subscribing to an extra True box, so I can use the one True subscription to watch both at home and in the business.

I thought it was possible to use up to three True boxes from one dish. 200 baht a box extra per month? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may go down that road next.

I have 2 CTH satellite boxes, and a small cable box collecting dust. The CTH dish I use after adjusting it's position and subscribing to an extra True box, so I can use the one True subscription to watch both at home and in the business.

I thought it was possible to use up to three True boxes from one dish. 200 baht a box extra per month? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may go down that road next.

Why not Google it?

I have two extra boxes, not sure how many you can have. I can't find my latest bill, but it is about 200b, and you can use a CTH dish re-aligned, or similar.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

After all the derogatory posts about CTH here on TVF it's good to hear they appear to have at least 1 satisfied customer. I hope the freebies you have received are just that, and the invoice isn't in the 2 year CTH admin bottleneck, waiting to be posted to you at some future date!

yeah like I will pay that ;) !!

Add: we did have a local company that operated as a CTH agent, but they stopped dealing with them after CTH didn't pay 100,000 baht they owed them.

A similar story has been posted here before, except it was the other way around.

Sorry what does CTH mean?

Ron

CTH = Cable Thai Holding (PCL). Wikipedia is an internet source for much information like this. Why not give it a try?

Why not make a post that tells you what you are talking about instead of having to search for it?

This is a forum to share not send people on searching engines.