Fleeing Capture, Cigarette Smuggler Kills Pedestrian

webfact

Fleeing Capture, Cigarette Smuggler Kills Pedestrian
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14588904061458890421l.jpg
Blood stains mark the impact of a 59-year-old man killed by a soldier fleeing customs officers Thursday night at the Nong Cha-Om Fruit Market intersection in Prachinburi city.

PRACHINBURI — A soldier moonlighting as a cigarette smuggler hit and killed a man crossing a street last night while escaping customs officers in a car in Prachinburi city.

Army 2nd Lt. Narong Srisak was speeding when he hit Chiad Plengplangsri, who was walking across the road Thursday night at the Nong Cha-Om Fruit Market intersection.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458890406

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-25

Just awful, as bad as the Benz driver imo. So what is the tariff for this kind of crime if you're a military officer then? Purely rhetorical question, and will be shown to be the case as the deceased man was walking alone at night, obviously only a 'nobody' would do such a thing. I hope the deceased man's family are taken care of for his loss, and that real justice will be served. I only hope because it almost certainly wouldn't happen here as is

I Wonder if there are call off pursuit rules due to excessive speeds

in built up areas,

to be travelling at such speed to cut the poor fellow in half,

Lt dumb over a few cartons, 2 lives destroyed

R.I.P.

"Army 2nd Lt. Narong Srisak, 61, told police that he was driving from Rong Kluea Market border market in Sa Kaeo province. When he arrived at Prachinburi’s Prachantakham district, customs and excise officers gave pursuit, so he sped away in a bid to escape."

I would have thought by 61 he would have joined the Generals Club.

horrific accident.....just how fast was this car traveling to sustain this kind of damage?Throwing away the key is not going to bring back this mans life.Thailand has got to start getting real about caring for its citizens, their rights and those who are doing wrongs!I Once again suggest the Royal TP pay a visit to NSW in Australia to see how the Highway patrol and RTA( roads and traffic) do things....

"Army 2nd Lt. Narong Srisak, 61, told police that he was driving from Rong Kluea Market border market in Sa Kaeo province. When he arrived at Prachinburi’s Prachantakham district, customs and excise officers gave pursuit, so he sped away in a bid to escape."

I would have thought by 61 he would have joined the Generals Club.

Maybe he didn't want to pay brides to be promoted--and it worked (i.e., he was never promoted).

RIP to the victim.