Culture minister's request falls on deaf ears as sexy model cavorts at Thai motor show

Jonathan Fairfield

Culture minister's request falls on deaf ears as sexy model cavorts at Thai motor show

Thaivisa Reporters

post-137452-0-90703800-1458914913_thumb.

Image: Khaosod.co.th

BANGKOK:-- Following requests from the Culture Ministry asking models to cover up at the annual Bangkok Motor Show came a sensational sexy clip posted online yesterday, reports Thaivisa News.

The clip shows a famous bikini clad model and her male partner doing highly provocative moves in front of stunned patrons in the middle of the packed show. In the background as they reach a "climax" in their routine can be heard in English: "Oh yeah, give it to me!"

Social media went wild as the clip went viral with Thai netizens split into two camps about the clip, some positive some negative. Well known and respected social commentator Dr Seri Montha roundly criticised organisers of the show.

Last week Khun Weera the culture minister stressed that he was confident that his request to the organisers of the Bangkok Motor Show at Impact Muang Thong Thani would heed his request to have the "pretties" cover up and be more traditional. This seems to have fallen on deaf ears in the extreme.

In the clip famous buxom model "Cherry Sam Khok" dances provocatively with a male model. She undresses him as they embrace in front of shocked visitors to the show who can be heard "oohing and aahing." At one point the male model picks up the sexy star and wraps her body around his groin area. The show took place in a section of the show for selling audio accessories.

Comments on social media hit both ends of the cultural spectrum with one camp condemning the show as obscenity in public and the other as artistic expression with precise choreography.

Well known social commentator and presenter Dr Seri criticised the show. He said he felt sorry for the pretties at the event many of whom did not want to be associated with this behaviour but who felt obliged to work in order to get money to make a living.

"If pretties dont work there someone else will just take their place," he said. In reference to the sexy clip posted he added: "The organisers should not think that all the visitors to the show are crazy about sex and want to see this kind of thing. They have been talking about this issue for years but this was something else not seen before."

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-25

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? A girl dancing in a bikini has to be blurred out? Why shouldn't people be free to appreciate the naked or semi-naked body of a fit young women in an increasingly polluted, ugly and violent world, without the interference of a backward and authoritarian government. No doubt the so-called culture ministry would also censure Michelangelo's David, or Botticelli's Venus, or a performance by the Royal Ballet. Not forgetting that it's not even 100 years since many Thai women used to walk around topless, unashamed of their natural and elegant form.

Edited by Jeremy50

Why is the video censored? She's wearing a bikini. She's not naked. I have checked out an uncensored version on youtube and there is nothing too explicit about her bikini. I've seen worse in Big C magazine.

The Ford (or Volkswagen) in the backround is also censored.... wacko.png

Edited by jackinthebox

I think the dance before the bikini girl is what the netizens are displeased about. A group of young woman basically putting on a show you might see in Pattaya. Very raunchy, suggestive, mimicking sex. I have to watch it again to describe it better for you. Ow the girls, wow! Love that show. Mmm, tasty!!!!

This has been staged, definetely to peev off the culture minister. No doubt in my tiny mind.

Edited by Wilsonandson

Any long staying foreigner knows where you can get the fully nude version for just the price of a drink.

Which i think is something that has damaged me forever.

This one is a touch on the old side. Not just the dance for the price of a drink, but everything else for the price of a pizza, and the 20 yr old version of this.

So I see this, and yawn, nothing stirs, kind of depressing in away

Seriously? A girl dancing in a bikini has to be blurred out? Why shouldn't people be free to appreciate the naked or semi-naked body of a fit young women in an increasingly polluted, ugly and violent world, without the interference of a backward and authoritarian government. No doubt the so-called culture ministry would also censure Michelangelo's David, or Botticelli's Venus, or a performance by the Royal Ballet. Not forgetting that it's not even 100 years since many Thai women used to walk around topless, unashamed of their natural and elegant form.

The selfsame ministry had a very titillating advertisement for Songkran on their own website just a few years ago....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/461316-complaints-filed-against-topless-women-dancing-during-songkran/

Edited by lamyai3

They brought a Patpong act like to the motor show, I remember seeing similar full on sex show in

many bars around Bkk, so what good for the goose, must also be good for the motor show......

Edited by ezzra

Good show but never understood how this can influence any sane person to buy a particular brand of car. Many things need considering before a major purchase like this is made.

It probably doesn't BUT for people that spend 10's of thousands on speakers and whatnot it probably does.. They can imagine that their money was well spent and as soon as they start cruising with the volume on max these little huneys are going to be knocking on the window desperate for the same...

Whats not Thai about that? Outside of the so called "naughty" areas every show, festival, party and concert I have been to especially the ones at the wats have coyote dancers galore wearing <deleted> all and shaking their little <deleted> all over the shop. Bit of a storm in a teacup really.

Maybe the culture minister should first look at the violence shown in the thai tv soups.

Some of the Thai soups are very spicy, but I am sure the Culture Minister does not have a view on them apart from them being tasty.

Just like I predicted 555

At the meeting it was all smiles and wais, but then the organisers did the right thing and ignored the request.

Well done

Personally, I don't care about the pretties. When I go to the Motorshow I want to see the bikes. The ladies are more often than not in the way as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by OmegaRacer