Brother of Brussels terror suspect Laachraoui speaks out on links to Paris attacks

rooster59

Brother of Brussels terror suspect Laachraoui speaks out on links to Paris attacks

post-247607-0-56418700-1458944702_thumb.

The brother of suspected Brussels suicide bomber Najim Laachraoui has spoken out about the sibling he knew before radicalisation took hold.

At least 31 people were killed and 260 injured in Tuesday’s explosions in Brussels, at the airport and a metro station.

Najim Laachraoui, a 25-year-old Belgian brought up in Brussels, was one of the bombers at the airport, according to security sources.

In a statement, Najim’s brother, former Belgian Taekwondo champion Mourad Laachraoui said he “firmly condemns” the actions of his brother.

Mourad Laachroui, 20, also held a news conference in Brussels on Thursday, during which he described the sibling he remembered.

“He (Najim Laachraoui) was a nice guy, and most of all intelligent. There you are, that’s how I will remember him.”

A veteran Islamist fighter in Syria, Najim Laachraoui is also suspected of making explosive belts for the Paris attacks in November, in which 130 people were killed.

“After the Paris attacks, our house was searched, nothing more,” Mourad told the Brussels news conference.

“It’s over, I try to turn the page. I don’t need to understand. What’s done is done.”

Mourad said no-one in his family saw any change in Najim before he called them in 2013 to say he had left for Syria and subsequently broke off contact with them.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-26

Personally all suicide bombers or anyone connected-including their immediate families-ought to be jailed for life sad.png

maybe just maybe it might make them think twice if there are repercussions such as this thumbsup.gif

I can understand the brother not wanting to show his face.IF,he is telling the truth.IF he has nothing to with his brothers beliefs.If he is entirely innocent and had no knowledge or involvement.Then why should he have to suffer unnecessary violence committed on him or his family.IF you were in his shoes,wouldn't you do the same?

Personally all suicide bombers or anyone connected-including their immediate families-ought to be jailed for life sad.png

maybe just maybe it might make them think twice if there are repercussions such as this thumbsup.gif

That's grotesque. It's exactly this kind of twisted revenge logic that drives people to become suicide bombers. Are we better than them, or do we just fly a different colour flag?

I am as down as every body else on terrorism,and yes! all terrorists should be exterminated.But,i still try to believe that all Muslims are not terrorists.However, there is the realistic proof that all terrorists seem to be Muslims

Except the ones that aren't :rolleyes:

I hate the ''All terrorists are Muslims'' brigade, you lose credibilty by spouting BS and liberals just ignore you then. Saying , ''A high percentage of terrorists seem to be Muslims'' would be better and would get much needed airtime. Don't get me wrong Islam, like all religion, is a cancer that needs to be eradicated.

He is a famous Taekwondo fighter, he won many fights all over the world. Everyone who watchs sport tv knows his face!

I would think the same as you do if he was a "Mr Unknown" but in Belgium, he is famous.

His brother stole his thunder though.

"Mourad said no-one in his family saw any change in Najim before he called them in 2013 to say he had left for Syria and subsequently broke off contact with them."

If an individual is proven to have left their country to fight for terrorism, governments should revoke their passports, and they should never be allowed to return. If a family member or members is aware that their fellow family member has left to join the terrorists, they have an obligation to notify the authorities. Proven failure to do this should result in the revocation of their right to remain in the country.