Ford Ranger or Toyota Revo

Do dealers give discounts....... No idea today, but 2 months ago easy to get 100,000 baht discount on the Revo.. they were not selling...... The Ranger got 60,000 baht discount + extras on the XLT.. the Ford won by miles over the rest.

Was all set to exchange to another Mazda Hi-Racer, but the Ford was the same price and side by side was a no brainer.

• Like 1

The saying is Toyota has a better resale value in 5 years +. If that is of any concern, buy a Toyota. If you want the better and nicer car, Ford it is.

Haven't been impressed by Ford sales staff though, but that was 2 1/2 years ago. They were bluntly telling lies, so if this happens before you even buy a car, what would after sales support be like? That was the no-go for me and I got the Mazda instead.

Do dealers give discounts....... No idea today, but 2 months ago easy to get 100,000 baht discount on the Revo.. they were not selling...... The Ranger got 60,000 baht discount + extras on the XLT.. the Ford won by miles over the rest.

Was all set to exchange to another Mazda Hi-Racer, but the Ford was the same price and side by side was a no brainer.

I have never owned a Mazda or Ford, but I was under the impression the Ranger was based on the Mazda.

What made you go for the Ford over the Mazda ?

The Ranger and BT50 are basically the same under the hood, developed in Australia. After the recent facelift Ford got a little bit more horses and refinements. Both are good cars and workhorses, modern engine, low consumption. Can't go wrong with it.

Ranger and Toyota, how many kilometers per liter?

That's the other calculation.

I get 100km out of 8 liters. Car says even less, but I track it with fuelly.com. That's for the 2.2l engine with remapping. BT50 2013.

• Like 1

Thanks everybody seems Ford wins..

Engineering reliability wins for me..........Hence.....Toyota.....tongue.png

You certainly can buy a machine gun set with it, proven all over the world. Ford just calls it a "Ranger"....Chuck Norris would disapprove :)

I have never owned a Mazda or Ford, but I was under the impression the Ranger was based on the Mazda.

What made you go for the Ford over the Mazda ?

Not since the PX Ranger was released in 2011. Mazda now base the BT-50 on the Ranger.

Not since the PX Ranger was released in 2011. Mazda now base the BT-50 on the Ranger.

It has FoMoCo all over. Wondering if there is a secret Windows 10 installation somewhere. Other than that it sounds great.

Edited by MadMac

Ford's Ranger, arguably the best pickup truck you can't buy in the U.S., was the No. 1-selling pickup in Europe in 2015.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/01/16/europes-best-selling-pickup-might-surprise-america.aspx

Unlikely that the curent Ranger was the best selling pick-up in Europe in 2015 as it wasn't released in Europe until 2016.

Ford's Ranger, arguably the best pickup truck you can't buy in the U.S., was the No. 1-selling pickup in Europe in 2015.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/01/16/europes-best-selling-pickup-might-surprise-america.aspx

Unlikely that the curent Ranger was the best selling pick-up in Europe in 2015 as it wasn't released in Europe until 2016.

The 2016 model is a refresh; quite possible that the pre-facelift / refresh model was the best selling truck in Europe in 2015. They'd be mostly for commercial use though of course, Ford is very strong in that market in Europe. (Also, the Transit van) It's not the same market as here, or in the USA even.

The 2016 model is a refresh; quite possible that the pre-facelift / refresh model was the best selling truck in Europe in 2015. They'd be mostly for commercial use though of course, Ford is very strong in that market in Europe. (Also, the Transit van) It's not the same market as here, or in the USA even.

I know, but it's still a different vehicle.

Whatever you do. Don't buy the color Red, Blue, White, Silver, Orange or Black. All are unlucky for accidents, in Thailand.

You forgot green :)...

Edited by MadMac

Toyota holds it's dealer network to higher standards & training mandates and certifications/qualifications than other makes....They're pretty stringent and duplicatable in their world wide network ....

Well let me step into this Foed vs Toyota debate. Probably both nice vehicles. I recently bought a Chevrolet Colorado and am very satisfied with everything about it. I shopped around and test drove Toyota,Mazada,Nissan and Chevrolet, all nice vehicles. I had a 2003 Toyota Sportcruiser and it was a very nice dependable truck, bought secondhand, had it for nearly10 years, only problem I had was the A/C compressor gave out. I think all these vehicles are very good, just shop around for the best deal and something that really turns your crank.

Edited by nuananddon
  • Like 1

Ford Ranger XLT owner here for last 18 months with this contribution...

Dealer delivered a vehicle without the showroom promised free extras as 'boss not let me but you get free wheelmats'

After three weeks we discovered indentations in the cab roof consistent with an over tightened promotional board 'not us you do?'

Twelve months into the 'Three Year Bumper to Bumper Ford Warranty' the electric window switch fails with no visible external damage.... 'Oh no warranty!, maybe your staff break it?'...'car now one year old so not perfect'..

I have a list of these so wont bore everyone but moral is the car is only as good as the dealer you buy it from, we now drive from Samui to Phuket for routine servicing, wont be buying a Ford again.

Edited by julesandmartin
  • Like 1

Heard a rumour from Oz, the Toyota Hilux etc etc has lost it's appeal of late, as they have got Transmission problems....and are now imported from...you guess it.

Most of the offroad guys i talk to say...the Ranger is the best one on the market and a lot are changing to the Ford series.....

I had use of my brother in law's Mazda BT 50, which is basically a Ranger, 2.2 diesel - 6 speed manual, it is quite smooth and refind for a pick up.

I used it whilst my Isuzu Highlander was in for bodywork repairs. I enjoyed driving the Mazda, but I do prefer my Isuzu which has a softer ride,

but the engine is less refind.

I intend to purchase a Ford Everest in the near future, 6 speed automatic on all 3 models. Basic model 2.2 diesel rear wheel drive, the other 2 versions are

3.2 diesels, 6 speed auto with 4 wheel drive. The top model has smart adapting 4 wheel drive, which is more than I need really.

I am drawn towards the entry level 2.2 litre model which still has plenty of kit.

The Ford Ranger mark seen today has been available in the UK for at least a couple of years, possibly as early as 2013.

The Ford Ranger mark seen today has been available in the UK for at least a couple of years, possibly as early as 2013.
No. The current PX MK2 was released Q1 2016 in Europe. The Mk1 has been available since early 2012.

I've had my 2.2 auto ranger for two years almost...

Nothing but praise for it...

Three year warranty and free service was a bit of a con as you just pay top whack for oil and filters (so free=3000bht)

Free insurance (for the first year)... I changed after first free year... Cheaper by half ...

But the car itself is great... And no slouch even with 2.2...

Seems to be a magnet for other people to hit...but that's Thainess ...

no regrets

PS I bought it from Ford at Fa Ham in Chaing Mai too...

Edited by Robm579