THE England thread

rijit

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, football forums are about opinions, stop getting so noijai when others opinions differ to yours.
Ps. Reckon I've watched Carrick loads more than Busq so I don't defer my opinion. Carrick was a decent player [actually it's taken me a while to remember that he played for Spurs ;-)]

Ofcourse you are welcome to your opinion.  I just think its nonsense.  But in a funny way, not irritating so please carry on.

You can be forgiven for forgetting that he played for Spurs too as he left us eleven years ago.  I believe Ferguson felt an 18.6m investment worthy.

but honestly, having seen your opinion on a mixed City/United eleven how on earth do you expect anyone to take you seriously?  I presume you were just throwing one in to see what comes flying back?

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Oh wise one Carmine, you are welcome to go over to the City forum and post your combined City/ManU team (fully expect being you, it to be full of reds)
;-)

Ps. Are you Wilai in disguise. Can't post without a barb?

Hah, i'm off to the gym.

FA drop aim to win World Cup by 2022 shock horror!

Looks like my (/our?) generation will be the only one ever to see an England win then. Maybe there's some 12 year old kicking a ball around right now who is destined to be a great England manager mid century

26 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

FA drop aim to win World Cup by 2022 shock horror!

Looks like my (/our?) generation will be the only one ever to see an England win then. Maybe there's some 12 year old kicking a ball around right now who is destined to be a great England manager mid century

nah. even in the year 2048 he'll still take the easy pundit job on sky sports over becoming a manager.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

nah. even in the year 2048 he'll still take the easy pundit job on sky sports over becoming a manager.

Even now, English footballers are told to study The Pundits Book of Cliches, compiled by greats such as Alan Curbishley, in readiness for the afterlife.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Even now, English footballers are told to study The Pundits Book of Cliches, compiled by greats such as Alan Curbishley, in readiness for the afterlife.

So that they can become a "proper football man"

9 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Sir David Beckham will be the next Engerland manager. :gigglem:

Anythings possible with the FA.

Funny but it normally takes a couple of games and pre/post match press conferences to loathe the England manager but Alladyce accomplished this with an hour of the final whistle.  His comments regards Rooney were appalling.

He's just a <deleted> with a big fat head and an '80's football outlook.  God help the national team.  I doubt i'll watch an England game until maybe to world cup but considering it never should have been awarded them i doubt i'll watch either of the next two.

Fell so much better for that!!  Rant over and i might even watch Scotland for the comedy mate!!!

• 4 weeks later...

So England play away to Slovenia next Thursday night and most Premier League clubs are playing within forty hours back in England (Swansea play us in England).

H_ells teeth. Would never have happened if SAF was still around!

Yes I know it's unlikely to impact my team that much*, compared with Tottenham and even Leicester (given Vardy's influence on their team) but I'm addressing the principle of the thing.

Liverpool & Man U not impacted too much, since they play Monday night and Mo won't pick Rune (or Smalling?) anyway

Apologies if there has already been a rant on this somewhere

*Unlikely that both Walcott and Ox-cham will playing or benched. Walcott could well be bench material at least, on current - unexpectedly good form - but Ox, no way if Southgate has any sense. I wonder if Southgate and Le Prof get on OK (now/later)

Edited by SantiSuk

4 Spurs (play Sat) - no Kane, injured

4 Man U (play Mon)

2 Liverpool (play Mon) - no Lllanna, injured

2 Arsenal (play Sat) - no Wellbeck, injured

2 Southampton (play Sun)

2 Burnley (play Sun and GK Heaton v unlikely to play)

1 Chelsea, Citeh, Leicester, Everton, Palace, WHU

1 Foreigner (u-no-who BB!)

Total 23 (source Wiki)

The 4 Spurs would otherwise be required I'd say - Poch must be climbing walls, but can probably negotiate something with Gareth it's so obviously screwed!

Of course he can be proud on the selections, but he can still be peed off on the practicalities of scheduling!

You wouldn't hear the end of it if it were SAF or Arsene! Think they were not proud?

Of course he can be proud on the selections, but he can still be peed off on the practicalities of scheduling!

You wouldn't hear the end of it if it were SAF or Arsene! Think they were not proud?

A scots man and a french man 'arguably englands nearest and dearest rivals, proud ' about supplying england with the 'bulk' of their players !! Mmmm ! could think of more applicable words!"! :P

2 hours ago, carmine said:

So, the inform Wayne Rooney will definately be starting for England.  Perhaps this time he'll be deployed as a box to box midfielder?!!!

It frustrates the heck out of me that we aren't trying something new and giving other younger players a chance, particularly against a team like Malta. What are we gonna learn from this? Rooney has had what, 5 major tournaments and will retire after the next one. Give others a chance, especially when he is as off form as he is at the moment

• Like 2

^^^Absolutly no reason why younger players shouldnt get minutes, but like it or not he's our 'senior' pro and its no bad thing to have one. seems common comment by pundits about younger teams not having and v much needing 'leaders' and rooney by deed is v much that and imo will be respected by the yoof as such.

Yes yes build the team around Rooney.

That's been the problem of course....a lack of support meaning he has to play deeper.

Now you have Southgate of course the other teams in the group are terrified of his tactical acumen and vast managerial experience.

I think England will win.

:smile:

• Like 2

Yes yes build the team around Rooney.

That's been the problem of course....a lack of support meaning he has to play deeper.

Now you have Southgate of course the other teams in the group are terrified of his tactical acumen and vast managerial experience.

I think England will win.

:smile:

Away scottish infiltrator, your lot should stick to tossing the kyber
romour is your actually quite good at it,!!!, must make a pleasant change.:D