THE England thread

rijit

48 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Daft and desperate !?:thumbsup:

And wrong  up there with THE worst crossers of the ball i've ever seem at the top level.. southgates using the one HUGE asset walker has well.. and thats pace.frankly on the rest of his game .. well it was well documented on here what i thought of him at tottenham.. and its a feather in peps and his teams hat  that he's performed as well as he has at man city..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No rules against me posting here.

You'd think you'd know that by now! ?

Now I'm away to find my Abba outfit for tomorrow.

And here was me thinking you were the real Ronnie Pickering? As a Scot I’m not really into the “anyone but England” approach ... when Murray won at Wimbledon he was cheered on by a predominantly English crowd ... so I’m planning to repay the compliment. I’d like to see an England vs Russia semi-final ... stick some Novichok up Putin’s backside. 

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

And here was me thinking you were the real Ronnie Pickering? As a Scot I’m not really into the “anyone but England” approach ... when Murray won at Wimbledon he was cheered on by a predominantly English crowd ... so I’m planning to repay the compliment. I’d like to see an England vs Russia semi-final ... stick some Novichok up Putin’s backside. 

Thank you, we need all the help we can muster.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Thank you, we need all the help we can muster.

I think this might actually be your year ... there seems to be a healthy scepticism amongst England supporters, and that might well help the team ... one, by feeling less pressure, and two, by wanting to prove everyone wrong. Roll on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I think this might actually be your year ... there seems to be a healthy scepticism amongst England supporters, and that might well help the team ... one, by feeling less pressure, and two, by wanting to prove everyone wrong. Roll on Saturday.

I hope you are correct, but there are still much better sides still in the competition than England, but I would be happy to be proven wrong. IMO we have only played one decent side so far, Belgium. But hey ho, what can possibly go wrong. ???

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I said he is notorious for having no end product. And you are trying to disprove that based on an isolated run of games from nearly 2 years ago - one of which was a meaningless friendly and another against questionable opposition... stick to TV listings mate.

He's known for flattering to deceive. Takes a couple of nice touches but how often does he screw up in the final third. 

dmvidpics-2017-02-20-at-13-46-18.png

16 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Are you from Carlisle?

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Excellent.

This England side has a fair chance at the semi final but they will need to up their game and tactics to win it I reckon.

Agreed. I don't think there is any reason to fear Sweden, as long as they remain composed they'll do well.

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Fortunately, it's not always the better team that wins. 

I agree, but it never happens to England. At least we don't have to worry about the Germans, I was very sad when they were knocked out. ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

the Sweden match is going to be both teams hanging on and we all take a stab at penalties. 

Some matches should just go to extra time from the get go. 

I don't know how Sweden do it, but you are absolutely right.

It doesn't even seem to matter if they have good players or not.

5 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I don't know how Sweden do it, but you are absolutely right.

It doesn't even seem to matter if they have good players or not.

If we can get the ball to under the cross bar and not over it, we might stand a chance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Yes it is  ?

What!!!!!!!  Walker can't cross the ball for starters and secondly Trippier, from right back has created more chances than almost anyone in the tournament!!!  All you would do is nullify one of our most potent threats.

Why is everyone so obsessed with a full back being fast?  Defend well first, cross the ball well second and its a bonus if you are quick.  

Leave Walker in the back three.  I doubt the Swedes will be attacking much and his speed in a three has proven useful.

• Like 1

Good luck tonight England!    I predict few goals here ,  just made a bet under 3 goals full time . Extra time ? Sure bring it on . 

England have a dismal record against Sweden.

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just for that I'm gonna have a flutter on England today.

England have a dismal record against Sweden- a bogey team.

Rather like taking a powerful antibiotic, it's as if they have a fail-safe remedy for defeating England, regardless of their own ability.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

England have a dismal record against Sweden.

England have a dismal record against Sweden- a bogey team.

Rather like taking a powerful antibiotic, it's as if they have a fail-safe remedy for defeating England, regardless of their own ability.

Its coming home.

It was a stroll really.  

I'm so surprised because Sweden are a ranked side having disposed of some big name teams in the last couple of years.  I'd like to think it was England that were good, but quite honestly it seemed like we were up against a lower league team.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It was a stroll really.  

I'm so surprised because Sweden are a ranked side having disposed of some big name teams in the last couple of years.  I'd like to think it was England that were good, but quite honestly it seemed like we were up against a lower league team.

Yes, Sweden was not good; I am for a final Russia-France 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, balo said:

Good luck tonight England!    I predict few goals here ,  just made a bet under 3 goals full time . Extra time ? Sure bring it on . 

The beers are on you!

• Haha 1