THE England thread

rijit

Russia maybe all the way to the semifinal , what were the odds for that a few weeks ago  ? 

We need you English to help us to stop the red army before Putin declare full victory .

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Come on RUSSIA .. THINK...... KNOW we'll the  but The croat's 50/50  give mandzukic and co the chances the swedes had 2 day .... it'll b homeward bound for us ...

It was meant to read  we'll defo  beat the rusians but the croats'

50 . 50 at best and thats being optimistic.. this is defo UP a level but hey its footy and there's always a chance..

14 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Players are here to win ; in many years, who will remember the loser of  the final ? the world will remember the winner 

You appear to delight in being miserable, who's your team?

Great to see the boys winning but what LUCK to be in the group with Sweden, Croatia and Russia. Make the best of it and get to the final where, regretfully, it will be a different story probably. 

On 7/7/2018 at 8:07 AM, carmine said:

Absolutely it is.  I find it funny that you can't see it.  Its just so hollow.  The likes of PSG and City are just cartoon clubs now.

Some might consider  that trolling as you know City fans read this but you don't do that, apparently.

3 hours ago, Aforek said:

So far, England was in the easiest groups; let's see what happen when they meet Belgium or France ??

True enough, but they still have to win the games to get to the final...…….then, the game of football can always turn up surprises; ask any big club that has been beaten by lesser ranked sides in the one-off matches!

All to play for and this England side looks to be "gelling" well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

You appear to delight in being miserable, who's your team?

I am French, but I am more afraid by Belgium than by England 

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Great to see the boys winning but what LUCK to be in the group with Sweden, Croatia and Russia. Make the best of it and get to the final where, regretfully, it will be a different story probably. 

I'm not sure you're right about that. This England team are different from the teams of the past. No superstars or attention seekers like Gascoigne and Beckham, a quiet sensible bunch, and the tabloids have been noticeably absent of distracting scandals. They always seemed to have two or three stories that they released during a tournament. England looked solid last night, Croatia less so. This "under the radar" team might just surprise everyone. 

• Like 2

England need to perform better if they want to win the WC, that's for sure. 

Belgium looking good and I hope they will beat France, so England - Belgium in the final .

That would be like watching a Premier League game .  :tongue:

29 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I'm not sure you're right about that. This England team are different from the teams of the past. No superstars or attention seekers like Gascoigne and Beckham, a quiet sensible bunch, and the tabloids have been noticeably absent of distracting scandals. They always seemed to have two or three stories that they released during a tournament. England looked solid last night, Croatia less so. This "under the radar" team might just surprise everyone. 

Agree with that..... but England need to do what Brazil couldn't do i.e. find another gear.

Then, if that proves good enough to get us into the final..............  find another one....because we will need that against either Belgium or France.

The team have done great to get to the semis...that should guarantee Southgate an MBE ?....a knighthood if we win it, and gongs for the squad members.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

I am French, but I am more afraid by Belgium than by England 

If you were shrewd, you would be afraid of both, and Croatia too.  There are no bad teams now.

Most people will agree that France and Belgium is probably going to be the real final, but this is cup football now- it's what happens on the day.

• Like 2