THE England thread

rijit

Euro 2016 chaos: England fans TEAR GASSED by French police as violent clashes break out

At least one England fan has been seriously injured as tear gas was fired on supporters after mass brawls broke out in Marseille ahead of England's first game in Euro 2016, according to reports.

The supporter was seen lying unconscious in a pool of blood after suffering a head injury in clashes broken up by riot police using tear gas and baton charges.

Police and dogs were called as more than 200 England fans gathered in O'Malley's beer garden near the Old Port.

Roy Hodgson's squad will play their first game of the tournament against Russia in the southern port city on Saturday.

France is braced for around 10 million visitors for the month-long football bonanza which opens when the French take on Romania at the Stade de France on Friday night.

England fans have also set up camp at the Queen Victoria pub in Marseille with Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday flags spotted hanging outside the pub near the Vieux Port.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/678587/euros-tear-gas-english-fans-marseille

latest scuttlebutt seems to be that england will leave vardy out and start lallana and sterling outside of kane. this seems far more sensible. playing rooney in the midfield three with alli and dier not so much.

latest scuttlebutt seems to be that england will leave vardy out and start lallana and sterling outside of kane. this seems far more sensible. playing rooney in the midfield three with alli and dier not so much.

I see that somewhere Stevie and it is far too Gung ho, who's going to play along side Dier ? probably Dele who hasn't player there all season, well apart from about 15 mins sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

Euro 2016 chaos: England fans TEAR GASSED by French police as violent clashes break out

At least one England fan has been seriously injured as tear gas was fired on supporters after mass brawls broke out in Marseille ahead of England's first game in Euro 2016, according to reports.

The supporter was seen lying unconscious in a pool of blood after suffering a head injury in clashes broken up by riot police using tear gas and baton charges.

Police and dogs were called as more than 200 England fans gathered in O'Malley's beer garden near the Old Port.

Roy Hodgson's squad will play their first game of the tournament against Russia in the southern port city on Saturday.

France is braced for around 10 million visitors for the month-long football bonanza which opens when the French take on Romania at the Stade de France on Friday night.

England fans have also set up camp at the Queen Victoria pub in Marseille with Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday flags spotted hanging outside the pub near the Vieux Port.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/678587/euros-tear-gas-english-fans-marseille

Trust you to blame the Yorkshire lot. rolleyes.gif

could be a lot worse tomorrow night that with the russia fans thrown into the mix as well. not sure it was a great idea to have england play in marseille - it's always been a trouble hotspot and the memories of 1998 will linger.

Okay, I'm going for a prediction and I also believe the tournament is going to go horribly wrong due to Woy's instance to start Rooney .

The problem is the manager as I believe the squad is pretty solid otherwise.

Draw against Russia [bordering on a win for Russia with some Russian luck from set pieces and Woy getting desperate with his constant tinkering].

england should beat russia. got better players in attack and far more goal threat. defence is slightly ropey though and the squad lacks tournament experience and knowhow, though perhaps that matters less than it used to.

the thing that might count in england's favour is that they just haven't got the players to do hodgson's usual cowardly and clueless two banks of 4, so the players might just think sod it and have a go.

A football anthem sung by England's 1966 World Cup winning side has been released after spending 34 years hidden in an Isle of Man attic.

World Cup anthem sung by England's 1966 team released after 34 years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-36497634

We're gonna win the cup...and bring it back to White Hart Lan.....sorry?

Wassup??

:D

^Who will you be supporting Smokie? Ireland? EIRE?

Won't be Scotland will it.

I always support Scotland....in this tournament I will just enjoy the games.

If England lose I will smile Stones as always.

Be after the group stage when you smile then at the earliest I would say.

I have had a little flutter on England,it's more heart ruling the head to be honest though.

• Like 1

^Who will you be supporting Smokie? Ireland? EIRE?

Won't be Scotland will it.

I always support Scotland....in this tournament I will just enjoy the games.

If England lose I will smile Stones as always.

I have had a little flutter on England,it's more heart ruling the head to be honest though.

So you should...why not?

Love your country I say!

So you should...why not?

Love your country I say!

but don't chant stuff about ISIS at french locals of north african extraction. that's never going to go well.