Cockpit crew hailed heroes after Kazakh emergency landing

webfact

Cockpit crew hailed heroes after Kazakh emergency landing

606x341_328397.jpg

It could have ended in tragedy

KYZYLORDA: -- A plane in Kazakhstan was forced to touch down on Sunday without its front landing gear after a technical malfunction but the cockpit crew delivered all the 116 passengers to the ground safely without anyone being injured.

The pilots have been hailed as heroes.

The Fokker 100, belonging to the Kazakh Bek Air airline, was on a domestic flight from Kyzylorda when it made the emergency landing in the capital Astana.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-29

That reminds me of a joke about an old fighter pilot invited to tell a class of young children about his exploits. He was telling about an encounter during war and saying things like "there was one Fokker right under me and off to my right were two more of those Fokkers..." The teacher interrupted and said "You need to tell the students that a Fokker is a type of aircraft."

The pilot responded, "Yes but these fokkers were Messerschmitts."

everyone is a hero these days,help an old lady over the road you're a hero,detracts from the real meaning of the word. The crew were doing their job,they a paid for doing it,they are trained to do it, they had no other option, they were saving their own lives as well so where is the heroism?

everyone is a hero these days,help an old lady over the road you're a hero,detracts from the real meaning of the word. The crew were doing their job,they a paid for doing it,they are trained to do it, they had no other option, they were saving their own lives as well so where is the heroism?

A lot of pilots that I worked with at American Airlines told me that the Fokker 100 was a dream aircraft to fly. These guys did an excellent job of holding the nose up properly until the correct airspeed was reached to lower it with minimal nose.skidding.Would you have liked to be this emergency with a Malaysian Airlines or Indonesian pilot ? Shutters to think of.

A lot of pilots that I worked with at American Airlines told me that the Fokker 100 was a dream aircraft to fly. These guys did an excellent job of holding the nose up properly until the correct airspeed was reached to lower it with minimal nose.skidding.Would you have liked to be this emergency with a Malaysian Airlines or Indonesian pilot ? Shutters to think of.

Oh that's a bit harsh....

*Cough*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garuda_Indonesia_Flight_200

The pilots were skilled and did a good job, well done but it still doesn't make them heroes. Someone who risks his own life to save others and has a choice to do so or not is a hero.

Heroism is a subjective thing. To families of those who were on that plane, crew are heroes. Government of particular country was so happy about saving those people, that they decided to celebrate it this way.

I think this act's purpose is motivate other people to work hard and do whatever is possible to prevent such accidents.

Edited by AlexStepashkin