Army chief blasts senselessly speaking politicians

webfact

Dangerous it is.

"He said a soldier private speaks even more sense than these politician....."

If this is respect he gives to, and what he thinks of those under his immediate control, what does he think of the rest of the population?

When I was in the military many years ago I always respected the commission and rank of the officers set above me.

This is not the same as respecting the person that holds that rank or commission. That part was earned.

That was the military. We are talking here about civilian politics. I might also add that the Thai military have not exactly proved themselves of much use when the country has faced external threats, which is what they are meant for in the first place.

They do a good job at staging coups, however, and shooting those who object. All in order to return power to them as quickly as possible of course. 'Never mind us, you just carry on,'

You are looking to the wrong people for salvation.

There was a time several years ago when I did believe that the Army had done the right thing. Nowadays, I am sadly disappointed as they are not really much different from the lot before, and before that etc.

This is not to say that I want to see the Democrats OR the PTP back.

As far as I can see there is nobody on the horizon who are the right people for the salvation. Not the Army, the Democrats, the PTP or any of the other rag, tag and bobtail "political parties".

Will some kind of democracy come to pass in Thailand in my lifetime? Perhaps as I am only 71. In my wife's lifetime, most probably as she is 50. In my son's lifetime?

Definitely, but then he is only 12.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Central American country of Costa Rica, wisely circumvented this problem in 1949, when they abolished their Army. Thailand is not surrounded by enemies and lack of a military would be a blessing for this country.

I don't completely disagree with you. My concern is that the police would then have a free rein. Sad isn't it?

very, very dangerous 'internment camps' and whosoever defends it on here is an enemy of free speech and democracy and there is NO excuse to support 'extensive training' of politicians or any citizen just because they don't agree with you

Exactly. Now everyone. Close your eyes and imagine news of this was just posted in the rag newspaper in your home country. Can you see it?

Apologies to 'A Time To Kill' biggrin.png