about to clear my 2 years overstay

hello i would like to see an up to date banned stamp from entering Thailand. i did post the only one i found on google images but it was from 2010.. and some shot me down and said it is photo shoped. if it has it was not me . funny there are not any new ones on google image

post-141483-0-02078800-1459317773_thumb.

My feeling is that the whole "good guys in - bad guys out" and enforcing any ban is impractical with the current 30 days "visa on arrival" system.

When John Smith arrive with a crispy new passport, the immigration officer have 30-40 seconds to process him, because there are 31 million other tourist right behind him.

Unless John has an identical twin with the same name,Bad John will be shown the door.Since when have you seen a Thai in a hurry.

hello i would like to see an up to date banned stamp from entering Thailand. i did post the only one i found on google images but it was from 2010.. and some shot me down and said it is photo shoped. if it has it was not me . funny there are not any new ones on google image

Lol, it's not even 'photoshopped', someone has just taken a pic of a standard entry stamp and then written the word 'banned' on it in Microsoft Paint or whatever. It will have been used as the header image on some news story or blog post, just for illustrative purposes.

Here's a pic of a blacklisted stamp

ek0fjIZ.png

Yea, it's photoshoped....I can do the same in about two seconds using most any photo program like Windows Paint to simply typing-in the text BANNED anywhere I want to on the image. The text is too perfect, clear, and straight to be a hand stamp.

• Like 1

Lets say he does get banned. Can't he just get a new passport and enter right away again?

After all, when you get a new passport you also get a new passport number and surely Thai immigration don't ban you based on your name.

Getting a new passport does not erase the records in immigration's database. They can and will do a name and date of birth search the first time a person enters the country with a new passport or one that does not have a history of previous entries in the database.

Two John Smiths could easily be born on the same day and year. Bit harsh to ban them all, because one overstay.

They're not that dumb, although a few on here would say they are but they also match passport origins and numbers, so two John Smiths, fortunately, do not have the same numbers and only the deserving one would or should be banned. What lame excuse do we have for this overstay?

Lets say he does get banned. Can't he just get a new passport and enter right away again?

After all, when you get a new passport you also get a new passport number and surely Thai immigration don't ban you based on your name.

Getting a new passport does not erase the records in immigration's database. They can and will do a name and date of birth search the first time a person enters the country with a new passport or one that does not have a history of previous entries in the database.

So change your name and get a new passport :)

So change your name and get a new passport smile.png

And a new date and place of birth + a new face ?

• Like 1

one Derogatory / Speculation / Thai Bashing / post - and Quoted Replies - hidden

Forum Rule - 11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

That could get very expensive - time to enter Witness relocation :P.

On a side note when boarding the flight this morning, the Air Asia checkin counter was flipping through my passport and I told her the visa was on page 10 of the relatively new passport..... she continued flipping through the pages and I asked her what she was looking for. I think she said overstay, but not sure. It may be quite possible that both the Embassy and the airlines have been told to look for overstay penalty stamps from the 20th of March on regardless of whether you were "officially banned". I get the feeling that even if you don't get a red mark the entries in the passport will still likely cause issues. I would not be surprised if with or without an official stamp, when you come in if an overstay is noticed that they will potentially enforce it anyways.

That could get very expensive - time to enter Witness relocation :P.

On a side note when boarding the flight this morning, the Air Asia checkin counter was flipping through my passport and I told her the visa was on page 10 of the relatively new passport..... she continued flipping through the pages and I asked her what she was looking for. I think she said overstay, but not sure. It may be quite possible that both the Embassy and the airlines have been told to look for overstay penalty stamps from the 20th of March on regardless of whether you were "officially banned". I get the feeling that even if you don't get a red mark the entries in the passport will still likely cause issues. I would not be surprised if with or without an official stamp, when you come in if an overstay is noticed that they will potentially enforce it anyways.

Never had an airline bother checking if I had a valid visa or an overstay.

Arrived on 22 March after a lengthy overstay.. Was surprised, not one question, I normally get asked my purpose for coming to Thailand.

I heard some previous overstayers having to sign a document on arrival, stating something to the effect to not overstay..

• Like 1

It might have just taken a few days to trickle out of the immigration office to the airlines.... and it would make a lot of sense for them to push the enforcement out to both embassies and airlines to ensure that less people have to be detained and returned.

Never had an airline bother checking if I had a valid visa or an overstay.

Arrived on 22 March after a lengthy overstay.. Was surprised, not one question, I normally get asked my purpose for coming to Thailand.

I heard some previous overstayers having to sign a document on arrival, stating something to the effect to not overstay..

Yeah a friend wasn't asked why he was coming, arrived after a 2 year overstay, about the same time. Just asked if he had a flight ticket out, and he had to sign the standard acknowledgement of overstay form, the same forms they've been having people sign since 2014 when they go to do 90 day reports at immigration.