Shops in Pattaya Extorted by Fake Officials

snoop1130

Shops in Pattaya Extorted by Fake Officials
Pattaya One

ext3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA -- Five men pretending to be with The Food and Drug Administration scammed local shops in Pattaya out of money.

On March 28th, 29 year old Ms. Rungnapha and 21 year old Ms. Chanthakan filed a complaint with the Food and Drug Administration Department in Damrongtham, Banglamung, claiming that they were scammed out of 50,000 baht.

They reported that on the night of March 24th, Five men entered their shop dressed in red striped T shirts with a logo on it that said Officials for The Food and Drug Administration Region 2.

The men told them that they were there to inspect the shop to make sure that all of their products had labels on them. They pointed out some items that did not have labels and that they can be fined up to 300, 000 baht if prosecuted.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/222420/shops-pattaya-extorted-fake-officials/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-29

Who writes the crap headlines? The text of the report centres on a single shop. What other shops were scammed?

It might help to read the Pattaya One article before commenting.

'Six shops were scammed out of 50, 000 baht each by the same group of men. The men are still at large.'

I don't understand why That staff(owner of the shops can be so stupid that thy pay 50k cash to some individuals without any form of credentials. Is this the standard here? As an owner I would refuse and call the police. What is the worst thing that could happen ? I'd rather bribe the police for arresting the fake officials than give them anything in the first place.

Just stupidity , they can only blame themselves.

"Upon further investigation and reviewing CCTV footage, it was concluded that they were not legitimate government officials."

If they'd been legitimate government officials then all would be well I suppose.