Prayut proposes law change to control Motor Show 'pretties'

webfact

Prayuth proposes law change to control Motor Show 'pretties'
By Coconuts Bangkok

cherry_1.jpg
Adult star Cherry Samkhok was fined THB5,000 for her erotic performance at the Bangkok Motor Show last week. Photo: Ruam Clip

BANGKOK: -- Junta chief Prayuth Chan-ocha has asked the Ministry of Culture to draft a legislation to punish promotional models, or "pretties", who dress too provocatively.

At Government House yesterday, Prayuth addressed the country's hottest issue of the moment — the bikini-clad Motor Show pretties — by saying the authorities need to impose a limit on how sexual the auto shows can be.

"This is a matter of individual conscience. They can't use an excuse that they do it for money. Certain things are meant to stay inside the house — the bedroom," Prayuth said.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/03/30/prayuth-proposes-law-change-control-motorshow-pretties

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-03-30

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even Thaksin isn't this stupid.

Can you imagine POTUS or the British PM meddling in something as miniscule as this?

Yeah it was in bad taste, should have happened at G-Spot in Nana plaza replete with nudity, goldfish, ping-pong balls and bananas, but for the PM to be worried about this just shows how much of an imbecile he is.

Such a conservative and hypocritical society. How about girls who work in bars and such places all over Thailand? You could make a long list of places where pretties dress proactively.

The difference is that those are private establishments and children are, in theory, not allowed entry. The Motor Show is a public event and children attend it.

Personally, I go to see the cars and don't want pretties in the way when I'm taking photos (of the cars), thank you.

is this man a frustrated comedian?, some police died in deep south, the well connected killing the innocent on the road without fear of justice.

he makes trump look like a great leader.

Frustrated comedian.......cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He's actually a pretty damned GOOD comedian!

Edited by jaywalker

Such a conservative and hypocritical society. How about girls who work in bars and such places all over Thailand? You could make a long list of places where pretties dress proactively.

The difference is that those are private establishments and children are, in theory, not allowed entry. The Motor Show is a public event and children attend it.

Personally, I go to see the cars and don't want pretties in the way when I'm taking photos (of the cars), thank you.

Agreed. The "pretties" there are usually made of silicone & 18 layers makeup at those shows.

FAR, FAR, better natural "pretties" all over Thailand.

No more pressing problems?

Seriously?

80 Bath- lottery tickets, sunbeds on beaches and women, not dressed up in potato- sacks...that is it?!

Here is a little suggestion, for all, who are offended by half- naked women at Car Shows: don't #@$%&(! go there, idiots!

what about the children working at private establishments?

hypocritical bloody lot

ps, please provide photos of vehicles, no extra bonnet ornaments allowed. wai2.gif

hypocritical bloody lot

ps, please provide photos of vehicles, no extra bonnet ornaments allowed. wai2.gif

Motor shows and pretties is just tradition....surprised any Thais don't support maintaining tradition.

hypocritical bloody lot

...I thought it was excess wax on my bonnet....ewwwwlaugh.png

Good to see the really important issues being addressed with such determination. After the deckchair and lottery ticket issues, it's so reassuring to see this is next on the General's agenda. Armed with article 44 and his legendary indefatigability, I have every faith that the General will be able to resolve this in time for next years show.

So the head of the interim administration, whose professed remit was reconciliation in 2-3 months, followed by elections shortly after, is now two years later focusing his attention on the morality of motor show promotions? I see.

hypocritical bloody lot

...I thought it was excess wax on my bonnet....ewwwwlaugh.png

better than wax, and produces all the time

Isn't this the same regime who, post coup, bunged a load of female police 'officers' on the streets to try and establish some 'calm and happiness'?

My wife used to work as a 'pretty' as a Beer Chang girl while she studied at University and being up in MTT she worked a few Motor Shows at Impact. She agrees that the 'show' was out of place but very much in keeping with Thai marketing values and rather harmless......

Finally a good use for article 44. Lets see: bike lanes, beach chairs and now quashing the rowdy behavior of sexy young women trying to sell cars. The man is on his way to reconciliation . What does Mark Abisit know ? The little coup leader is doing a fine job

Hope someone can help me please.

I have searched all over Google and other places and cannot find the link that will show how many people died at this tragic motor show and what were the most common and numerous nationalities.

A further and minor supplementary question, how many of the pretties were Burmese? Because they may have been at the root cause of this horrific tragedy.

But at least the famous Defender of Bangkok has returned happjness to the Red Bull family amidst all the other carnage.

Are these the 'changes and reforms' the Thais came up for and are, still, waiting for? May I seriously doubt it? That the culture Min., and now even the PM, are (keeping themselves) busy is sooo ...dumbfounding, and the hypocrisy of it all very irritating! Thainess?

OMG

I love this place,never a dull day.maybe next week no bubbles in coke.

Next week he will invoke a certain article for this because no lawmaker is stupid enough to address it and nobody in their right mind would approve it unless forced

don't bet on it! there have been some bizzare laws passed in the past! been here going on 47 years and nothing surprises me! google it!

Hope someone can help me please.

I have searched all over Google and other places and cannot find the link that will show how many people died at this tragic motor show and what were the most common and numerous nationalities.

A further and minor supplementary question, how many of the pretties were Burmese? Because they may have been at the root cause of this horrific tragedy.

But at least the famous Defender of Bangkok has returned happjness to the Red Bull family amidst all the other carnage.

Trying reading what you search on the Red Bull heir case more carefully. It happened prior to the the current government taking power. The previous government also chose to do nothing.

Both governments vowed to support justice, vowed that some cases would be thoroughly investigated and concluded. Both governments were supported by vows from very senior policemen.

Very little happened as the word translated as "vow" clearly means something different. No government seems willing to take on reforming the justice system. Easier to make meaningless vows.

But hey, this is much more serious than all those cases involving mysterious deaths, fatal accidents, murders, serious fraud and crimes. Could corrupt the whole countries morals.

Just like hypocritical Victorian Britain. All is o k as long as discreet.