Registering ownership of house

I am considering leasing a plot of land and building a house on it. Is there some procedure for registering my ownership of the house so it is completely clear that it is my property and not the property of the landowner?

Sorry if this is an old question but my searches didn't tell me what I needed to know.

And you will have to obtain a building permit in your name from your local Tessaban and retain every receipt for the cost of the house construction once you find out what the Land Office requires.

And by the way, the Land Office will not accept a lease for over 30 years no matter what the land owner may tell you. And of course there is the small matter of transfer taxes to have your 30 year lease recorded with the chanote to prevent the land from being sold out from under you

To my knowledge, the only proof of ownership of a new-build house is:
1. Have all architect drawings made in your name (only).

2. Seek building permission in your name – you will need a permission from Land Owner, let your architect take care of all that paperwork, eventually checked by your lawyer. Keep the permissin and the returned drawings stamped by Tessa Ban, they are your best proof of ownership.

3. Have building construction agreement or contract,, and any quotes, in your name (only).

4. Keep all bills and money transfers, preferably carrying your name.

5. Your, or your lawyer, can ask Land Office, if they will issue any documentation, but don't count on it. If you sell the house – and have to option to transfer the Lease Agreement – the new house-owner shall be subject to have his name stated as owner at Land Office (but probably ceased together with the lease period; have your – experience property – lawyer to check and explain best options).

Normally when a Land Lease agreement terminates, all fixed and non removable installations will be the lands owners property. In old time, the wooden Thai houses could easily be dismantled and follow the house owner. Have your lawyer to check, if you can have any clauses in the Lease Agreement about permission to build on the land, and ownership of the building – especially what happens after the 30-year lease period; bear in mind you cannot legally have any longer lease-period than 30 years and the Lease Agreement shall not include any clause of prolongation or options for another lease, as the whole agreement then is void.

Archived