Harbor Mall. Now that it's open...

NanLaew

Visited the Harbor Mall. A claustrophobic place. One is constantly having to duck and dive people because of the narrow corridors, special feature displays and outside store promo signs and tables.

I quite liked the Aeon Max Value supermarket for all the take-out meals and various other groceries. But nothing really special (unless you're Japanese) and I found it wanting in the meats department. But I go to the Prime Meats outlet on Nern Pub Wan if I want variety and quality.

I will be living about a 10-minute walk from there so if the ice rink ever comes about, I will visit. And there will be the occasional shopping at Max Value.

From one resident expat's point of view: Take away the Max Value, then Harbor Mall wouldn't add up to much of destination unless you wanted to meet a friend at Coffee Club or Au Bon Pain. I'm now thinking Big C Extra doesn't have to worry too much, except it could do with a renovation. Foodland will lose a bit maybe but it still has one of the best import food setups and is really easy to shop since it's a square floor area, unlike the long, long Aeon market, which takes an equally long walk from the mall entrance.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visited the Harbor Mall. A claustrophobic place. One is constantly having to duck and dive people because of the narrow corridors, special feature displays and outside store promo signs and tables.

I quite liked the Aeon Max Value supermarket for all the take-out meals and various other groceries. But nothing really special (unless you're Japanese) and I found it wanting in the meats department. But I go to the Prime Meats outlet on Nern Pub Wan if I want variety and quality.

I will be living about a 10-minute walk from there so if the ice rink ever comes about, I will visit. And there will be the occasional shopping at Max Value.

From one resident expat's point of view: Take away the Max Value, then Harbor Mall wouldn't add up to much of destination unless you wanted to meet a friend at Coffee Club or Au Bon Pain. I'm now thinking Big C Extra doesn't have to worry too much, except it could do with a renovation. Foodland will lose a bit maybe but it still has one of the best import food setups and is really easy to shop since it's a square floor area, unlike the long, long Aeon market, which takes an equally long walk from the mall entrance.

What is this Aeon Market you refer to? Is that the Max Value supermarket? I didn't find that long at all.

What is this Aeon Market you refer to? Is that the Max Value supermarket? I didn't find that long at all.

Aeon of Japan owns the brand Max Value, which can be found in standalone shops in Bangkok.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

I'm inside the mall now , it took me 10-15 minutes from I arrived to find a parking spot for my car . Lots of security guys around doing a good job. The mall is much bigger than I expected , but maybe not very interesting for tourists. It's perfect for families with kids , lots of activities for them . Also Tukcom has moved in here so plenty of mobile phones and computers for sale. If you like Asian food , plenty of restuarants, Thai, Korean and Japanese. And surprise a Hawaiian restaurant , that must be the first for Thailand . I spoke to the owner, a Thai woman married to a Hawaiian I think, this weekend you will get 30% off all the food dishes . I wish them good luck , not a single customer when I walked by.

Rumor has it that Tesco's have brought the land where the Romhpo market sits in Jomtien, but nothing will be built for six years

It would be great for the residents of Jomtien but why would Tesco build there when they have a store a mile up the road.

Rumor has it that Tesco's have brought the land where the Romhpo market sits in Jomtien, but nothing will be built for six years

It would be great for the residents of Jomtien but why would Tesco build there when they have a store a mile up the road.

Colgate own about 900 rai in Huay Yai, but it doesn't mean that they will open a huge toothpaste factory!

We called in yesterday , its nice clean and lots of shops ,but to be honest , its the sort of place i might visit once every 4/5 weeks for something to eat ,there was a spicy Thai place which was good , the supermarket was ok ,but nothing to write home about ,all in all very nice but nothing special .

Max Value , the supermarket has a very good selection of fruit and fresh vegetables, the prices looks similar to Big C , but all their imported food is overpriced. You can buy some Japanese food there that you won't find anywhere else. (Japanese owners)

We called in yesterday , its nice clean and lots of shops ,but to be honest , its the sort of place i might visit once every 4/5 weeks for something to eat ,there was a spicy Thai place which was good , the supermarket was ok ,but nothing to write home about ,all in all very nice but nothing special .

Well, when you wanna jump up & down on a trampoline, where you gonna go, man?

Well, when you wanna jump up & down on a trampoline, where you gonna go, man?

Thanks for the heads up, been looking to jump up & down on a trampoline for the past 22 years.

Some photos

So it seems that the ice skating ring was a large false flag then, because from your pictures it's clear it will be a snow land, similar to snow world in Dreamworld.

What do you do in a "snow land"?

Some photos

So it seems that the ice skating ring was a large false flag then, because from your pictures it's clear it will be a snow land, similar to snow world in Dreamworld.

Not ice skating since there is no ice, only artificial snow.

OK, so what can you do if there's no skating, as in the Dreamworld version.

btw, this is what I read on a promotion for Harbor Mall:

The Rink Ice Arena

The 1,000-sqm facility is the first ice skating rink in the East. The Rink also offers ice skating lessons and features every night the first ice figure skating show in ASEAN.

Edited by tropo

Some photos

Not ice skating since there is no ice, only artificial snow.

No, that's not "clear." Yes, there's ice skating. Yes, there's ice. The Snow Land is distinct from The Rink. There doesn't have to be One Thing. Seems pretty complementary.

Lemme blow up the pic for you so that you can see it (and everyone else) and stop propagating that piece of nonsense at least:

post-14882-0-71043000-1460302418_thumb.j

See the words "The Rink" circled? See that family wearing ice skates out on The Rink skating?

Edited by Rimmer

I'm inside the mall now , it took me 10-15 minutes from I arrived to find a parking spot for my car . Lots of security guys around doing a good job. The mall is much bigger than I expected , but maybe not very interesting for tourists. It's perfect for families with kids , lots of activities for them . Also Tukcom has moved in here so plenty of mobile phones and computers for sale. If you like Asian food , plenty of restuarants, Thai, Korean and Japanese. And surprise a Hawaiian restaurant , that must be the first for Thailand . I spoke to the owner, a Thai woman married to a Hawaiian I think, this weekend you will get 30% off all the food dishes . I wish them good luck , not a single customer when I walked by.

Aside from the Hawaiian place (yes, interesting) when you say Asian, do you mean all CHAIN places?

Everyone can put up pictures.

Yep. Some see pics clearly and make rational conclusions while others miss critical details that lead to the propagation of nonsense.

Where were they taken if there is no snow land or rink yet?

johng took his pics at the mall and put them up here. Thank you, johng.

From his pics of artists' representations of facilities planned and under construction, you concluded there "it's clear" there will be a Snow Land but no ice skating.

If you conclude from the pic there will be a Snow Land, then from the same pic, after you SEE The Rink, you must also conclude there will be ice skating.

But rather than do so, you're merely attempting to backpedal and claim there will be no Snow Land after you already said "it's clear" there will be. So no The Rink either. smile.png

I'd say the preponderance of evidence suggests that as both facilities have been planned, advertised, and are under construction, they will probably be completed and open, just like the other stuff already completed. They are important to the marketing of the mall.

But if you wish to maintain that they aren't planned, won't be constructed, and won't open, and the mall is just lying to everybody, do feel free. We'll see if you're right in the course of time. biggrin.png BTW, nobody cares what you think about the mall.

It's all very simple, really.

Edited by JSixpack

Aside from the Hawaiian place (yes, interesting) when you say Asian, do you mean all CHAIN places?

Most of them are chains I think but I did not pay much attention, also Coffee Club is there and Starbucks of course.

Edited by balo

Does anyone have any info on the office spaces upstairs? I couldn't find a link (that worked). Curious if there is office space that can be rented and what rates.

(Yes, I should just go there myself, but still in Bangkok :( )

Thank you kindly.

Does anyone have any info on the office spaces upstairs? I couldn't find a link (that worked). Curious if there is office space that can be rented and what rates.

(Yes, I should just go there myself, but still in Bangkok :( )

Thank you kindly.

At simple Google search brings up this info...are you saying this telephone number is no good?

Contact Infomation

190/25 Moo9 ,Phatthaya Klang Rd.,

Na Kluea ,Bang La Mung ,

Chonburi Thailand 20150

Tel +66 81.377.0101

Any one who has been to the mall and walked around for 5 minutes will realize

there is no room for a ice skating rink...Unless they some how manage to

slap together some half ass mini ice skating rink for kids mostly...

Folks THERE WILL BE NO PROPER ICE SKATING RINK...

Edited by fforest1

Overall I liked the new mall..one thing I didn't like though is the car park it felt too narrow and be a difficult place to reverse park ones pickup truck

perhaps that's contributing to the traffic snarl up on Central road... poor old motorcyclists it would seem have been relegated to parking along the outside of the building.

Also be aware that if you take your kids to try out the free slider between floors ( between floors ? and ? ) the staff only allow 1 go per kid .... there is no sign informing of this rule I asked if they only allowed I go per kid per lifetime and they replied yes !! ....maybe they didn't like my face.laugh.png

Its nice that they have an area to sit and eat heated up food from the Max Value store and there are lots of comfy chairs and sofas all around the new mall

how long that will last I don't know..as there where already a few sleepers on sofas just 1 hour after opening time.

The Tukcom floors are so much better than the equivalent at the old South Pattaya location, if the rent at Harbour Mall is in any way competitive to Tukcom's I think we might see everyone move to Harbour Mall..it might explain the increasingly empty space on the IT floor at Tukcom.

post-2109-0-78054400-1460341476_thumb.jp

I very much hope that The Rink and Snow land do open...remember though not to eat the yellow snow !!

post-2109-0-68633000-1460341492_thumb.jp

Prices for the Harbour Land play area on the 7th floor ( which was rather hot on the day I went maybe aircon was broken on that floor ? )

post-2109-0-53744400-1460341625_thumb.jp

Over 60's get in free on weekdays whistling.gif

(Yes, I should just go there myself, but still in Bangkok sad.png )

Thank you kindly.

Have you tried

www.harbor.co.th or 089-332-1000

I am really disapointed ,not one poster has said it will collapse in ruins , it was so much better when central opened , we were all on tenterhooks awaiting the carnage .

As far as I've looked ( 3rd floor ) there are no visible faults on the car parking pillars of Harbor Mall in fact they seem to have incorporated a reinforcement pad around the columns in the parking area...also the building doesn't seem to judder and shake like Central still does I especially notice that on the 4th floor where the Auntie Anne's pretzel shop is located....could be resonant vibration like the wobbly bridge in London

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Bridge,_London

We'll add that to your other brilliant prediction that Pattaya beach hotels would all go bankrupt from lack of tourists turned off by the new Promenade. laugh.png

Note how just in the space of your post you shift from no ice skating rink to weasel with "proper" ice skating rink so that you can claim that if it isn't as big as Impact Arena then you were spot on with another doom prediction.

The market--Thai families--will decide if it's good enough for them to have some fun and get the idea. It goes w/o saying that it isn't going to be meant to train the Thai figure skating team for any future Winter Olympics.

Yawn.

I think you should wait commenting on that until you see it , did you look inside the trampoline room ? It's huge , no problem to build a full ice skating rink there.