student exchange

Has anyone looked at this? I am looking for an organisation that can arrange student exchange Thailand / UK, I sent my son from Switzerland to Spain for a year and he benefited from it. I am aware that the timing of school years would clash, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Unfortunately the above poster seems to think he knows what institutes around the country are doing, he is wrong.

There are a large number of exchange programs, many geared towards different majors or goals.

A little research will show them, and then maybe ask the question again when you have 2 or 3 in mind,

:-)

• 4 weeks later...

In NZ there are a lot of schools which don't necessarily do "exchanges" as such with Thai schools, but which you can send your kids to, for a fee of course.

I have a contact at the school near where I grew up in NZ, which was apparently ranked as the best school in NZ for international students (Or so he told me anyway).

1 year there is, from memory, around 800,000 THB once you include their homestay + school fees + uniforms/text books etc. With flights to/from NZ extra on top of that, it's not cheap, and with a foreign father/step-father at home, the kids wouldn't gain as much from it as a "regular" Thai kid would (Since you'd likely be communicating with them in English at home anyway, while Thai kids usually have no English at home at all).

Of the Thai people that I've met, that went to NZ for a year of high school (I've met around half a dozen during my time in Thailand), have exceptional English, even years after they have finished (And often even sound like a kiwi lol). Haha quite a few of them also started playing rugby in NZ too (Which is actually how I met 2 of the guys, as they were in the university rugby team I was training with a couple of years ago).

Kinda weird though as I've met very few/none that went to Australia/USA/UK for a year of school, only for AuPair, so am not even sure if the same thing is common in other western countries?

Archived