Electronic transfer

Morgan

Having problems with mail at the moment with my last I.M.O. going adrift anyone know a good Electronic Transfer company based in uk. :o

Cheers Morgan.

PS. Before you ask its not for my favourite b/g (unfortunately) ha ha.

We use international money orders (IMO) which as you say cost eight pounds. They are safe the problem is if one gets lost it takes one month plus to get the money back into your account. Because the last I.M.O went missing in the post had to wire the money stright into the Thai bank account, cost (twenty pounds) time around three days for account to be credited. Have been looking at this site (thailand.ikobo.com) The person your sending money to  has a ( ikobo atm card ) which you load via the net but they only use $U.S  so money would have to go from Sterling to $U.S to Thai. Will have to work out the cost it out might be a good way to send money.

Cheers morgan.  :o

If you are in the uk  use the GPO it's called money gram and anything upto £200 costs £18 and the money is there straight away, and supply you with a 7 digit password.

All your g/f needs is to take her id in with her password number ( I usually text my g/f with the number) and hey she has the money in her hand at any of the Siam or TF Bank in the country.

At least this way the money is there guaranteed.

Good Luck :cool:

I had wondered if there was some way to do this via Paypal whereby you transferred funds into PayPal and then paid yourself back, to your Thai acccount, however it's not available in Thailand.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin....outside

These claim to do an IMO online, once registering and the funds have been cleared with Easy Exchange which takes 5 days.

http://www.easyexchange.co.uk/

What if you opened an account with a Thai bank in your home country, UK/USA?  And asked them to transfer the funds, would that be more assured?

Are these an good?

http://www.travelex.co.uk/

In short I don't know the best way to do this, but would be interested to hear of ways in which people are using that work well ...

Regards

Here's the link to the Post Office's moneygram service.  Only worth using for larger tranfers because of the cost.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal....=240250

Cost

To find out the cost of sending a MoneyGram® international money transfer, see the table below.  

Transfer value (£)  Cost (£)  

0-100  12.00  

100.01-200  18.00  

200.01-300  24.00  

300.01-400  30.00  

400.01-500  36.00  

500.01-750  41.00  

750.01-1000  46.00  

1000.01-1250  54.00  

1250.01-1500  58.00  

1500.01-1750  68.00  

1750.01-2000  73.00  

2000.01-2500  83.00  

2500.01-3000  100.00  

3000.01-3500  122.00  

3500.01-4000  140.00  

4000.01-5000  160.00  

5000.01-6999  180.00  

Nice one sevinnow, I like instant money transfer service's.  Are there any others worth using?

Regards

Just a word of warning using the GPO and Moneygram

if yoy are transfering amounts of £500 you need to take offical ID with you only passport or Driver's Licence, or your Social Security card Prove will do.

Hence I found this out with a 14 mile round trip back to the GPO, because not all Post Offices are part of the scheme.

:cool:

Interbank transfer. I use Nat West to Bangkok Bank (via swift) it only costs about £14 up to £5k (I think) and £20 above. I have heard that City Bank does free transfers for account holders and has branches in the UK and Thailand - I was going to get this set up (open CB Account), but the queue was too long in Bangkok and I gave up.

:o

Nice one.  You learn something new everyday.  I've just looked it up.

SWIFT is the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication and,

"starts the mission of creating a shared worldwide data processing and communications link and a common language for international financial transactions."  See,

http://www.swift.com/index.cfm?item_id=1243

198 countries are connected.

SWIFT Interbank Clearing seems to be a ###### good thing for global interbank transfers.

A friend wanted to open a Citibank account, and they require a minimum of £[2/3]0,000 minimum to open the account.  I think that may be called a Citibank Premium account but don't quote me on it.

Regards

Have been looking at this site (thailand.ikobo.com)
If you have considered this (copy of atm card bank service) why not just open a bank account in the UK and then have the Thailand end use an atm card to withdraw the funds as they are deposited?  If you currently have an account you can then transfer money into the new account by whatever means, from anywhere at any time and it is available instantly.  Just be sure the card is usable overseas/linked to a payment system and provide the pin by phone or in another mailing.