Atm Withrawal Limits

I am still trying to fing out what the limit is for a withrawal from an atm using an international visa debit card as we are charged a fee for each withdrawal.

Thanks

The limit for withdrawel using a debit card from another country is set by the card issuer.

totster :o

However most atm's limit one transaction to between 20 and 30,000 baht or less (believe some limit lower at end of month payday period). Upcountry atm may not be stocked with 1k notes so max would be lower. Believe they are limited to 25 or 30 bills at one go.

The ATM machine limit at Bangkok Bank is 25,000 baht per transaction, you can make further withdrawals up to the daily limit of your card. The ATM machine limit at Siam Commercial Bank is 20,000 baht and again you can make as many withdrawals as you card limit allows. Hope this is of assistance.

If you go the counter at the bank you can get right up to your limit.

If reducing your fees is the aim this is one way, you do not pay any extra to do this. I have a card I cannot remember the PIN on so I go to the counter and get the funds needed. (Debt Mastercard same rules)

There are actually two limits -- one for the ATM itself and one for your card. Here in Bangkok, most ATMs have limits of 20,000 or 30,000 baht. Your bank has its own limit, which may be higher or lower. I have a card from the US that has a $500 limit; I used to be able to draw the local limit (20,000 baht) but, with the recent weakening of the dollar, my bank's limit is less than that.

Firstly you need to find out your Debit card supplier's daily limit. Most seem to be

around 200 to 400 pouds/day.

Check here, if your bank is in the UK. Enter 200 in "Typical credit balance", then click

"Run my search".

UK Bank data

Most ATM's in Thailand will give out at least 20,000 per transaction. However multiple

transacions are ok. If you want a larger amount, you can always go into the bank

with your card and do a large withdrawal at the Teller.

Naka.

Edited by naka

I know someone who withdrew 25,000B from a Bangkok ATM recently. Imagine their shock when they found their bank statement showed a $25,000 withdrawal.

I hope it takes them less than the 3 months it took for my last ATM hiccup to be resolved.

My card daily withdrawal limit is higher than the ATM machines allow. I make multiple ATM withdrawals up to my card limit if needed.

I don't know if this issue relates to more to the ATM withdrawal limit or to the account's limit. I can for example set the withdrawal limit on my card using my overseas bank website. With regards to local bank in Thailand, for example, KBank, you can even change your withdrawal limit to 100K per day. You can do so by calling their 24 hour telephone support service.

MOST of the ATM's limit you to 20 bills or 20,000 baht provided they are stocked with 1000 baht notes. If your card allows it, you can make multiple back to back transactions. I use a Citibank card and there is no ATM fee BUT there is a one percent currency exchange fee. I have found that the Yahoo page exchange rate is VERY near the exchange rate I get minus the one percent fee.