Mother in US faces deportation to Thailand after fiance's death

webfact

Thailand does the same..... so who oa to blame.

Of course the child involved is confrotned with the problem.

You can marry quick if prepare all.

So I am afraid there has to be more to the story then people tell and let believe

Because Bao Duaisarn and Tim Farrell were not married before Farrell passed away in December,

Does this mean that they were married AFTER he passed away? Perhaps it's best to simply say, they weren't married. Now where is that darned Journalism for Dummies book . . .

Pedantic much?

I'm 100% Scottish and still patriotic but find the USA is the kinda place that sometimes produces odd people like yourself - self opinionated doughnuts thinking you can dominate land - forums u name it.

It's pathetic to slag off people on tv considering it's just people's views which we read and reply to

Helpful hint if you insult people and their country, they will most likely come after you ScotBKK, is there something about this you have trouble understanding? biggrin.png

Yeeesh ... .

As for our troll team members .... the baby is an american citizen by definition. As a poster above mentioned; an ANCHOR BABY. All she needs is a good immigration attorney and bingo.

As connda has stated this is more a sob story, deflector article that the Thai media and our resident (paid) troll team LOVE. Move along --- End of SOB

She is in USA legally and is the parent of an American Citizen. And Thailand does allow parents of Thai Citizens to obtain visas and come and go and stay as any reading of this forum will show.

Just proves that Trump is right about U.S. immigration being broken. It is easier to get into the USA illegally than legally and has been that way for decades. What is wrong with that picture? How about everything?

I lived in Boston Mass. for a while in the 1980,s and visited New Hampshire many times. It is a really nice place and I found the people warm and welcoming. I would think that the Thai mother knows that her child will have a much better life being educated and growing up in such a place. I suspect that the age of the child and her financial circumstances will have a bearing and hopefully she will get the help she needs to stay there.

I am hopeful common sense will prevail and the local congressman will have compassion

and understanding in this case. An appeal by him/her could go a long way to reverse the

deportation order. wai.gif

She is in USA legally and is the parent of an American Citizen. And Thailand does allow parents of Thai Citizens to obtain visas and come and go and stay as any reading of this forum will show.

Where did you get the notion that she was there legally?

buy a ticket to Mexico and then just walk thro the border with all the other migrants.. instantly processed and given all the rights like the rest of the immirants claiming to be refugees (mostly Chinese and indians for the past few months)

So Chinese & Indians are flying in their thousands everyday to Mexico and 'just simply walking to the US border checkpoint to be instantly processed and given all rights..."??

Over-simplified nonsense & fear mongering, from a Trump supporter perhaps?

Deport her.

You either have a country or you don't.

Thai's must receive reciprocal treatment plus interest.

Not hate, just diplomacy.

Thai's must not own real property, must report every 90 days, must get landlord to verify everything. Must go to border patrol with a community leader. Must bring photographs.

Must keep a ton of cash in a bank with little interest. 20% who accomplish that must be given a Mai Dye for no reason.

"Thainess" skills are not welcome.

Where did you get the notion that she was there legally?

From the report - she can stay until August and then must leave.

What are you talking about? If this was reversed in Thailand her visa would cancelled the day the spouse died and she'd be kicked out of the country on her ass. Get real, the American immigration system is 10000 times more accommodative towards legal immigrants than the Thai system, and US Taxpayers are sick of covering the costs of welfare for another illegal with an anchor baby. Edited by Time Traveller

Deport her.

Thai's must not own real property, must report every 90 days, must get landlord to verify everything. Must go to border patrol with a community leader. Must bring photographs.

Must keep a ton of cash in a bank with little interest. 20% who accomplish that must be given a Mai Dye for no reason.

Would the reciprocal treatment you mention allow her to remain in the US on the equivalent of a non-immigrant o visa based on her having an American child, much the same as foreigners being allowed to remain in Thailand and get 1 year extensions based on the fact they have a Thai child? There's a thread on the same forum running here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/884174-non-immigrant-o-based-on-thai-child/

Those claiming harsh visa regulations in Thailand need to do some homework.

Edited by sungod

Deport her.

Would the reciprocal treatment you mention allow her to remain in the US on the equivalent of a non-immigrant o visa based on her having an American child, much the same as foreigners being allowed to remain in Thailand and get 1 year extensions based on the fact they have a Thai child? There's a thread on the same forum running here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/884174-non-immigrant-o-based-on-thai-child/

Those claiming harsh visa regulations in Thailand need to do some homework.

No, leave tomorrow. Go to Thailand, get paperwork, go to U.S. embassy in BKK wait for approval. Then fly to U.S. get 60 day stamp. Put money in American bank. Then get photographs and home invasion interviews. Put name and passport on database on Internet so I can see where she lives. Then maybe, but just 11 months at a time. No owning real-estate either, no working, just spending money! Got It?

Edited by jerico2017

It never ceases to amaze me the level of what I call "functional stupidity" that exists in the world. What kind of visa did she have? The U.S. State Department does not give tourist visas to girlfriends. The only way she could have come into the county that makes sense is the married immigrant visa. Just from a practical point of view the story does not make a lot of sense.

Is being deported to Thailand so bad ? She can bring her daughter back with her .

Who would want to stay in the USA anyway? Never fancied the place myself to be honest hence why I live in Asia but suppose I'm selfish lol

Oh God, not another whinging Scot..... which part of the USA would you not want to stay in... and which part have you visited. Makes me cringe ..... Why don't people like you just keep your stupid thoughts to yourself and leave this forum to people who have something that resembles a brain.... Get back to Bonnie Glesca and keep dreaming...... reminds me of the old joke... what's the difference between a cactus and Scotland.... A cactus has pricks on the outside..... blah, blah...

"Why don't people like you just keep your stupid thoughts to yourself and leave this forum to people who have something that resembles a brain"

​Are you referring to yourself & your fellow Americans on here? I really had to laugh when I read that.

In reality who would want to live in a country where 75% of the population is American, and the rest are Mexican. Doesn't sound like any kind of paradise to me.

P.S. Maybe he is not a Scot and his name is Scot. Maybe he even comes from America. Open your mind.

Obviously You did not look up my kilt....!

so what if she is not there legally then send her back, Thailand deported around 300 thousand illegals last year, no sob stories listened to there

She is there legally, but only temporarily. However, using Thailand's behavior as justification for any other nation's behavior is silly. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Too bad they didn't start the green card process (i.e., permanent resident process) much earlier or get married much earlier, but sometimes you never know what life will throw at you (like a serious illness) or we don't hear the whole story. Apparently they moved to the U.S. before starting the green card application process or being married...basically the mother just had some kind of short term visa or maybe a fiancee/K-1 visa. So, so many people in similar type situations. Hope they figure out some way to allow the mother to stay and get a green card and allow this military veteran to RIP.

I can't speak to this situation, but I know many people are now going the fiancee route b/c it's several months faster than the spousal visa route. I haven't registered my marriage here in Thailand specifically so that I can bring my wife through the faster fiancee route when that day comes.

Deport her.

Add 4 more pages for re-entry permit asking for LINE id, Facebook id, sanooksanooky.com id wahhhaaaahaaa