Import car from Dubai

Hello,

I would like to import a lamborghini from Dubai, the cost in Dubai for this model and year is 60 000 USD.

The car is 10 years old, i believe the discount tax is 70% but i'm not sure how to calculate the final price.

I think with the discount the car will cost in total 120 000 USD only instead of the double if i pay the same model in Thailand.

Do you know any company who can do all the paperwork in exchange of a reasonable fee ?

Best regads,

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No personal experience on this but this question has been asked here once, twice, three times, maybe even more... you can do the search but I believe the general response can be summed up as don't even try

It would be if everyone tried instead of "don't even think about it".

But after i calculated the taxes and discount for a 10 year old car the price is cut in half compared to thai market for the same model.

you can't calculate any import duties. that will be done by Thai customs officers who care a flying how much you paid in Dubai or what the car would sell for in Stoke-on-Trent but apply their very own evaluation.

It would be if everyone tried instead of "don't even think about it".

But after i calculated the taxes and discount for a 10 year old car the price is cut in half compared to thai market for the same model.

1. how you calculate? Custom in Thailand have they indicative price..( its not only in Thailand)

2. Still avaible 10 year car import in Thailand?rolleyes.gif

3. few year ago I am intresting import some car .. Have some company who help do it..

but even this is company not guaranted price fixed + _ 5%.

in Total cost MAYBE cheapest 5-20%.

but time.. delivery and wait in customs can be few month.

and not have any guaranty not have small scrach on car when delivery and wait in customs warhouse..

I think imported cars are evaluated on their price in Thailand, not their overseas price.

Not yeat.

They take price new car and discout for second hand up to customs. May be have some rate table discont. But its so flexible.

So if have " friend" in customs can get minimum price, if not- may be give you cost even more o simular you buy car in Thailand.

As said above, and in the many threads preceeding yours, Thai Customs will give you the valuation when the car enters the country. No one is going to provide you a cost before - unless you know some people very high up. A search of this Forum will find many threads which asked the same question, with the same answers, you are asking now. When all is said and done ... if you can afford the Customs charges, save some money and buy it here. It will cost less. If it were possible, Thai citizens would be doing it. and they are not. Ask yourself why.

Any idea where to get the real price of the car by the thai customs ?

In Thai customs.

biggrin.png

again.

Pricing FLEXIBLE!!
So customs price can give for some "guys" who have "friend" in customs its can be different for all another people.
better find a company that imports cars and have people with positive reviews about this company( good reputation)

I believe you have to prove ownership for a certain length of time....3 years is what they asked on the vehicle I tried to bring in....

Which they took.....

Based on the problems I ran into - ultimately cost me 720,000B not including the worth of the vehicle....Plus they got/took the car....

Wouldn't even try....

My Visa agent over the years has not known of ANY successful attempt....

Knew one guy that was allowed to bring in a car temporarily to show & race - then take back out....He did what he wanted but (brought in/took out) and about a year out he's still not made any headway trying to get his deposit back....

My understanding is it is calculated on the new vehicle price.

Some really rough numbers......

So say this 10 year old Lambo cost $200,000 when sold new.

As it has an engine capacity of more than 3000cc it will attract the highest rate and that is 328%.

$200.000 + 328% = $856,000

Due to age (10 years) it will attract a 70% discount.

$856,000 - 70% = $256,800

+ $60,000 vehicle cost.

Total spend to import = $326800 ( Bt.11,456,790.67).

Might as well buy one already here an avoid the mess.

As it has an engine capacity of more than 3000cc it will attract the highest rate and that is 328%.

+ $60,000 vehicle cost.

Ok well, this is exactly the price of this model in Thailand actually !

So if i understand well, taxes are calculated on the new price instead of the second hand price, because my calculation was like this :

Car is (60 000 USD real invoice from Dubai dealer + 328%) - 70% discount = 77 040 USD

60 000 + 77 040 = 137 040 USD = 4.8 M baht

+ $60,000 vehicle cost.

So if i understand well, taxes are calculated on the new price instead of the second hand price, because my calculation was like this :

Car is (60 000 USD real invoice from Dubai dealer + 328%) - 70% discount = 77 040 USD

new 60k lambo in Dubai?

blink.png

discount from new price to second handrolleyes.gif

+ $60,000 vehicle cost.

new 60k lambo in Dubai?

blink.png

discount from new price to second hand:rolleyes:

Where the OP said the vehicle is 10 years old.... how did you read that as the vehicle being new ?

new 60k lambo in Dubai?

blink.png

Where the OP said the vehicle is 10 years old.... how did you read that as the vehicle being new ?

Discount from brand new price

OP calculate discount based on price 60k

Your calculating its more near.. 200k and after discount.. whistling.gif

about pricing

Where the transaction value cannot be applied, the following methods are used in sequential order of application:

• Transaction Value of Identical Goods, - the transaction value of identical goods sold for export to Thailand
  • Transaction Value of Similar Goods, - the transaction value of similar goods sold for export to Thailand
  • Deductive Value, - the value is applied to determine the Customs value based on the deduction process of the GAQ sale price of goods, general expenses and profits incurred in Thailand as well as all import taxes and national taxes after shipment of imported goods.
  • Computed Value, - the value is applied to determined the Customs value based on the sum of production cost, general expenses and profits in country of origin relating to the imported goods
  • Fall Back Value: - the value is applied to determine Customs value based on the reasonable and flexible interpretation of all the previous methods.

so price from what start calculate it UP to customs!!

new 60k lambo in Dubai?

blink.png

What are you dribbling about ?

The car is 10 years old, it attracts a 70% discount.

The question is on what price is used for the calculation. The new car price or the current secondhand price

new 60k lambo in Dubai?

blink.png

What are you dribbling about ?

The car is 10 years old, it attracts a 70% discount.

The question is on what price is used for the calculation. The new car price or the current secondhand price

70 % dedact customs fee its from price new car

as your example

200k* 328%-70%= 459k its customs fee. + buy in Dubai 60k

but its simple calculate

price its must included delivery cost..

OP calculate from 60k price car and after discount 70%

so i kidding say 60k it new car price..

becouse discount from NEW CAR PRICE. Not from price OP buy secondhand.

as exaple..

translate by GOOGLE

take from Thai site

1. CIF (price + shipping + insurance).

2. The import duty of 80% of CIF.

3. excise = (C.I.F. + duty + VAT fee does not include VAT) x tax rate / 1 - (1.1 x tax rate).

* Tax rate of 2500 cc-3000cc = 40%,> 3000cc = 50%.

4. The Ministry of Taxes of the Times = 10% excise.

5. VAT 7% of the CIF + import duty + excise tax: The Ministry of the Times.

* Old% reduction would have to be deducted from the sale price of new cars (> 10 years, according to estimates, 10 years, 9 months - 10 years 70% reduction).

The car will be imported must own before 1 year 6 months.

a sample

So if a car for four hypothetical 50 000 plus shipping (This rally took it).

1. CIF price was 450.000

2. Duty to attend 80% = 360,000.

3. Tax reliefs Samit = (450,000 + 360,000) x 50% / 1- (1.1x50%).

= 900,000

4. The tax on time 10% = 90,000.

Total 1,800,000 Baht

5. VAT 7% = 126,000

The car = 1,926,000 THB

The car over 3000 cc tax 328% of CIF.

2501 cc - 3000 cc all taxes 243.94% of CIF.

2001 cc - 2500 cc tax total 213.171% of the CIF.

Not more than 2000cc Total 187.47% of the CI.

But NOW CANT import second hand..

if its BE

better by second hand from Japan with service history when from thai ovner and service

Archived