Import car from Dubai

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some wonderful accountants on this thread!

But I have a different view

Why would anyone want a Lambo in Thailand? Mechanics will be wrecked shortly! Whatever the attractions of LOS the highways ain't California. What do you do? Park it outside the bar/restaurant/hotel/house? Cover it with gold lame like the London ones? And say let's go home in a tuk tuk? And everyone is impressed?

Also should understand that the value of the car is NOT what you purchased it for... It is the 'fair market value' that is determined by Thai customs

Also as it is a used car, not new... You have to apply for import permits and have to qualify for importing the car

Part of the permit requirements are your visa and work permit status

But also for used vehicles, you must have owned the car and have had it registered under your name in the country of origin for a period of time

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/individuals/importing+personal+vehicle/importingpersonalvehicle+

Why would anyone want a Lambo in Thailand? Mechanics will be wrecked shortly! Whatever the attractions of LOS the highways ain't California. What do you do? Park it outside the bar/restaurant/hotel/house? Cover it with gold lame like the London ones? And say let's go home in a tuk tuk? And everyone is impressed?

those who have bought a Lambo in Thailand wanted one. as simple as that.

...and were able to use them with no more problems than any other sports type vehicle.

What makes you think that Lamborghini "mechanics" will get "wrecked" anymore than any other car, is Lambo build quality below standard in your deluded mind? Audi would disagree with you very strongly.

...and were able to use them with no more problems than any other sports type vehicle.

What makes you think that Lamborghini "mechanics" will get "wrecked" anymore than any other car, is Lambo build quality below standard in your deluded mind? Audi would disagree with you very strongly.

Lambo it have some style car but galardo as example recall 1500 pc 2003-2008 becouse can be FIRE!!

Try google. Have so many video and even comunity owner lambo fireloss of screws on the brakes. water entering the engine compartment at the car wash. and as a result the engine stalls.

You guess it normal?

Lambo it have some style car but galardo as example recall 1500 pc 2003-2008 becouse can be FIRE!!

Try google. Have so many video and even comunity owner lambo fireloss of screws on the brakes. water entering the engine compartment at the car wash. and as a result the engine stalls.

You guess it normal?

Yeah they have been known to catch fire but this has nothing to do with any mechanic Thai or otherwise.

You guess it normal?

Exactly ! This car is not Songkran-proof...

Post and some responses removed.

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

It would be if everyone tried instead of "don't even think about it".

But after i calculated the taxes and discount for a 10 year old car the price is cut in half compared to thai market for the same model.

The truth is that you don't calculate the taxes and discount.

Customs & Excise do that and THEY are the ones who decide on the value, the discount and the taxes that you will pay.

I cannot think of the number of posts I have seen on TVF on this very subject over the years but I cannot ever remember seein one with a happy ending.

My advice to you is to spend a few hours and days going though all the posts on importing a vehicle to Thailand and run a total of successes against failures.

You could also consider having the car dismantled and shipped to Thailand as spare parts and then rebuilt here.

There is a well known abbot in a temple in the news recently who is having to deal with the police for doing just that.

If by some miracle you can get it into the country you cannot just get in it and drive off as it has to be inspected, ALL the serial numbers must match up with the importers paperwork, it must be tested and it must pass one of the strictest emission tests in the world (believe it or not).

Now if it ever gets to this stage you will find the cost to get it there absolutely horrendous.

Have you considered the cost of importing spare parts especially body parts.

Where will you be able to drive it safely and get to use its potential?

OTOH it may get to the dockside in Thailand and customs may just hold on to it for a while.

Anyway, it is your choice to do as you wish. If it were me however having read many of the horror stories on TVF, I simply wouldn't bother.

You guess it normal?

Yeah they have been known to catch fire but this has nothing to do with any mechanic Thai or otherwise.

I guess it problem mechanic lambo.

Lambo not realy strong car ... its not only fire.

If many porsche model need try to killed for some broken. Lambo just litle use(even not hard) and you get problem.

You guess it normal?

If many porsche model need try to killed for some broken. Lambo just litle use(even not hard) and you get problem.

have mercy my good man and use the link below which might translate your native language in something we are perhaps able to understand:

https://translate.google.com/

You guess it normal?

Best you stick to Toyota's then.

You made a mistake. In my post to talk about the Lambo and Porsche.About Toyota you talk to your "boss" transam.

wink.png

I made a mistake ?

You are the one that is having a meltdown with your crappy Toyota suv thingo and yet you come here to criticize others that consider the finer things in life.

Check your head cause it aint right.

You made a mistake. In my post to talk about the Lambo and Porsche.About Toyota you talk to your "boss" transam.

wink.png

I made a mistake ?

You are the one that is having a meltdown with your crappy Toyota suv thingo and yet you come here to criticize others that consider the finer things in life.

Check your head cause it aint right.

and here is my Toyota to Lambo? Is that what I say is not it? I actually did not realy criticize the Lambo. If you were attentive remarked on what a post I replied.

"What makes you think that Lamborghini "mechanics" will get "wrecked" anymore than any other car, is Lambo build quality below standard in your deluded mind? "

Yes I think(and its from what i see and know)

Its Big chance on Lambo mechanicks can be fast wrecked.

Lambo not strong as porsche for example.

But lambo have charm and some style and many another thinks. And many guys buy lambo not care realy about this is.

Some do not know about. As example my uncle litle be shoked replacement wing control mechanism almost 6000 euros. This is because water gets when car wash. And again a month later go to the service center because the water got on the engine.

And thus all on car not have 5 k on odo and one year.

But uncle after still love this is car.

And have many another moment with some friend car..

It has never happened with any of my Porsche.

But I like some model lambo.

Best (on my opinion) Countach. :)

Ps

I guess its you need "Check your head cause it aint right."

Now i understand why you no easy "off"

:)

Before you worry about duties and taxes, you might want to consider the costs to convert it to right hand drive wink.png

it's not mandatory to convert. my 47 year old Jag E is a left hand drive.

Why would anyone be daft enough to drive a LHD in a RHD country. For temporary, tourism purposes no problems, but LHD registrations should be banned in Thailand. It's a huge safety risk to allow them to be registered on the roads here not to mention inconvenient, especially difficult when overtaking.

Most of Thailand's neighbors have rules on not allowing local registrations of cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side for the traffic laws in effect in that country.

For example:

Laos - drives on the right, no local RHD registrations, except foreign embassy vehicles. The enforcement of this rule is not very strict though.

Cambodia - used to have this no RHD rule, but now allows their registration. However, this law is meant to legalize existing RHDs on the roads, rather than encourage new imports of RHD vehicles.

Singapore - drives on the left, has a no LHD registration rule in place.

Bangladesh - ditto. Special rules also apply for foreign registered LHD vehicles entering the country temporarily - apparently they aren't normally allowed entry at all.

Vietnam - drives on the right with LHD. RHD vehicles are neither allowed to be registered nor are they even allowed to enter the country for tourism purposes, except in the form of a caravan tour.

Before you worry about duties and taxes, you might want to consider the costs to convert it to right hand drive wink.png

Why would anyone be daft enough to drive a LHD in a RHD country. For temporary, tourism purposes no problems, but LHD registrations should be banned in Thailand. It's a huge safety risk to allow them to be registered on the roads here not to mention inconvenient, especially difficult when overtaking.

Most of Thailand's neighbors have rules on not allowing local registrations of cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side for the traffic laws in effect in that country.

For example:

Laos - drives on the right, no local RHD registrations, except foreign embassy vehicles. The enforcement of this rule is not very strict though.

Cambodia - used to have this no RHD rule, but now allows their registration. However, this law is meant to legalize existing RHDs on the roads, rather than encourage new imports of RHD vehicles.

Bangladesh - ditto. Special rules also apply for foreign registered LHD vehicles entering the country temporarily - apparently they aren't normally allowed entry at all.

Vietnam - drives on the right with LHD. RHD vehicles are neither allowed to be registered nor are they even allowed to enter the country for tourism purposes, except in the form of a caravan tour.

Haven't you noticed that most overtake on the inside so he will get a better view ... well most of the time ☺

For example:

why would anyone keep on yakety-yakking about my left hand drive black beauty, dearly beloved by me and my dogs? what do i care what rules and regulations prevail in neighbouring countries?

get a life man! cheesy.gif

post-35218-0-18460100-1460596937_thumb.j

For example:

why would anyone keep on yakety-yakking about my left hand drive black beauty, dearly beloved by me and my dogs? what do i care what rules and regulations prevail in neighbouring countries?

E1.JPG

Original powertrain?

For example:

Daft enough? I think its better than let someone rent a car with RHD that never drove one before. Anyway, this is no problem in Europe. English people bring their cars under the canal, to France etc, and the rest of Europe bring their cars into England.

You guess it normal?

2003? Wasn't that 13 years ago? Not normal but very, very rare.

For example:

attachicon.gifE1.JPG

Well I hope the LTD forces you to convert your steering wheel to the right - at least eventually. Why anyone would be DELETED to drive a LHD in Thailand (unless they are a tourist driving a Lao or Cambodian car in) makes no sense to me.

For example:

Daft enough? I think its better than let someone rent a car with RHD that never drove one before. Anyway, this is no problem in Europe. English people bring their cars under the canal, to France etc, and the rest of Europe bring their cars into England.

Well then it's probably better if you can't figure out the RHD/LHD system to consider NOT driving in a country where the traffic rules are opposite to what you are used to. Driving a LHD on the left, or a RHD on the right is only going to add to the confusion. Eventually you'll forget which side of the road you're supposed to drive on and drive against oncoming traffic. This is far less likely to occur if the steering wheel is on the correct side of the car already.

Certainly driving a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side for that country's road traffic laws is a bad idea, especially if you aren't used to it. Yes it occurs in Europe, but on a global scale, isn't that common. In Thailand it's common because it is one of the few countries with 3 out of 4 of it's neighbors driving on the opposite side it drives on.

Many more countries than the ones I've outlined have rules in place that bans vehicles with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side from even entering the country, not just banning their local registration.

Saudi Arabia, Oman and El Salvador are all such countries.

Try telling them (or the Vietnamese for that matter) that they are wrong. They don't care - they perceive steering wheels on the wrong side to be dangerous and no amount of justifying your position will change their minds.

Archived