Thai Justice

RAZZELL

A CHILD molester cleared of murdering his Thai girlfriend is back in Britain.

Denis Gill, 64, was accused of knifing his lover, 26, to death in Pattaya, Thailand, before turning the blade on himself in an apparent suicide attempt.

But retired bricklayer Gill walked free after the authorities decided not to put him on trial.

He answered the door of his home in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, but slammed it when asked about the case.

A British Embassy source said: “The Thai public prosecutor decided Chawee Pimmasri’s death in July was ‘accidental’.”

Gill got five years’ jail in 2001 for offences including attempted rape on a young girl.

Getting away with murder, A least its not a one way street. Murder is a terrible thing which no one deserves. Yet through out each year here in Pattaya many farangs are murdered, often with no one ever being charged or convicted.

It seems it is not just the Thais getting away with murder….

Getting away with murder, A least its not a one way street. Murder is a terrible thing which no one deserves. Yet through out each year here in Pattaya many farangs are murdered, often with no one ever being charged or convicted.

Correct...and interesting take on things...

But two wrong's don't make a right... :o

It only shows what a veray sad state the thai justice system is in :o .

Good example of this, the disapearance/murder of muslim human right lawyer Somchai Neelaphijit.

The culprit and people behind this are the very people we paid to protect us and people at the very top of the previous administration. :D

Though to be fair the man may of got off with this crime in the uk as a crime of passion, from what i remember (could be wrong) he did not turn up to kill the lady, but after all he had done for her and turned up to find her with a husband - boyfriend he saw red and flipped. It could be suggested that he paid his way out, well the same can and is done in the west, a good well paid legal team will sort a similar legal situation and outcome in the west...

Edited by rocky

Though to be fair the man may of got off with this crime in the uk as a crime of passion, from what i remember (could be wrong) he did not turn up to kill the lady, but after all he had done for her and turned up to find her with a husband - boyfriend he saw red and flipped. It could be suggested that he paid his way out, well the same can and is done in the west, a good well paid legal team will sort a similar legal situation and outcome in the west...

Can you clam temporary insanity in thailand

2000 plus extra judical killings come to mind when you relate to variations of Thai law and it,s double standards / interpretations and who can get away with what.

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S. As Razzell says and has already posted 2 wrongs do not make it right one

For sure they do not justify each other.

Edited by marshbags

has anyone heard an update on the Swedish guy who picked up a girl along beach road and killed her in his room. Then fled to Bangkok befre getting an email from a friend and returning to Pattaya. He was featured on Pattaya People TV in giving a detailed story of what happened.

I read that he was due in court about 3 weeks ago and I can't believe it, but nothing has been reported since. Did he get a sentance? What happened?

It seems that the Pattaya People paper and TV just stopped reporting for all their bravado about keeping us informed.

I did fel a bit sorry for him, but it was murder at the end of the day.

has anyone heard an update on the Swedish guy who picked up a girl along beach road and killed her in his room. Then fled to Bangkok befre getting an email from a friend and returning to Pattaya. He was featured on Pattaya People TV in giving a detailed story of what happened.

I read that he was due in court about 3 weeks ago and I can't believe it, but nothing has been reported since. Did he get a sentance? What happened?

It seems that the Pattaya People paper and TV just stopped reporting for all their bravado about keeping us informed.

I did fel a bit sorry for him, but it was murder at the end of the day.

Would also like to be updated on this. Been waiting years... :o