Ford Fiasco

Cabrinha

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I got the car yesterday. I'm bloody delighted with it. The quality doesn't feel a whole lot different to my range rover sport I used to drive before moving to Thailand. I think it's streets ahead of other vehicles in its class I've test driven in Thailand. Still atrocious attitude from the dealership manager. When we arrived into the showroom her office door was open. She swiftly closed it and remained inside so she wouldn't have to look at or acknowledge us. First step was to change the wheels and tyres.

post-74606-0-37763600-1462408169_thumb.j

post-74606-0-84241300-1462408347_thumb.j

The pressed steel wheel lookblink.png is that the latest fad ?

I've no idea what the latest fad is. I've no interest in the latest fad. I just look at whats available and buy what I like best. Some people will love it, some people hate it, such is the variety of life thankfully.

The pressed steel wheel lookblink.png is that the latest fad ?

I've no idea what the latest fad is. I've no interest in the latest fad. I just look at whats available and buy what I like best. Some people will love it, some people hate it, such is the variety of life thankfully.

Correct but at least you realise when people are smiling at your ride/wheels they may not be admiring .

Finally I got the car yesterday. I'm bloody delighted with it. The quality doesn't feel a whole lot different to my range rover sport I used to drive before moving to Thailand. I think it's streets ahead of other vehicles in its class I've test driven in Thailand. Still atrocious attitude from the dealership manager. When we arrived into the showroom her office door was open. She swiftly closed it and remained inside so she wouldn't have to look at or acknowledge us. First step was to change the wheels and tyres.

It's a bit "Mad Max Fury Road" - any plans to expand upon the theme?

Edited by IMHO

Congrats on a great car.

Did you sell the original tyres to the dealership (price?) or just keep them ?

Thank you.

I traded in the original wheels and tyres to the shop I bought new wheels/tyres from.

Edited by Cabrinha

No expansion of the theme. I'd just like to get the red glass on the brake lights changed to silver/clear if possible with just red bulbs instead.

No expansion of the theme. I'd just like to get the red glass on the brake lights changed to silver/clear if possible with just red bulbs instead.

I'm also waiting for the usual aftermarket suspects to make smoked versions of the tail lamps, with functional lights also on the rear door itself. I'll let you know when I find some :)

I'm also waiting for the usual aftermarket suspects to make smoked versions of the tail lamps, with functional lights also on the rear door itself. I'll let you know when I find some :)

Thanks IMHO. PM me if you find something.

I had a similar experience to the O.P. at my Ford garage. I e-mailed Ford Thailand and complained very strongly about the lies and lack of customer care .

I told them that we were adults , and we could be told the truth from day one , we can handle it.

I received an e-mail back and several phone calls apologizing.

I told them that their apologies were no good , just stop your staff from lying .

The Ford is a good motor but the other crap that you have to put up with is not worth it.

Definitely Toyota next time.

Edited by NE1

Man... I wish I could effort an Everest. That thing is so much cooler then any other Thai SUV on the Road. Maybe next year when you just have you wait 1-2 months after order biggrin.png

Yes ... save up hard ... we really like our T+ ...it took a lot of phone calls and e-mails to Ford last year. Many phone calls went unanswered BUT in the end got one!

Here's hoping for no problems for many years. It's definitely superior to the Fortuner, at present anyway...except the new Sportivo front seats are better, much better!!

I had a similar experience to the O.P. at my Ford garage. I e-mailed Ford Thailand and complained very strongly about the lies and lack of customer care .

I told them that we were adults , and we could be told the truth from day one , we can handle it.

I told them that their apologies were no good , just stop your staff from lying .

The Ford is a good motor but the other crap that you have to put up with is not worth it.

It'll cure your insomnia too.

Ford is no exception - sales staff throughout the motor industry in Thailand are cut from the same cloth....When buying my Navara asked the girl in the showroom the following

Does it have locking diff? - "yes"

Does it have a roof rack? - "yes"

Does it have a swimming pool in the back? - "yes"

Will you shag me if I buy it? - "yes"

Needless to say, all the answers were incorrect bar one.

Edited by cumgranosalum

It's not the company, it's the culture.