What's the closest country I can fly to without needing full page visa stamp/sticker?

I would have posed your query on the Visa forum....and received some advice from one of the experts.

I just read all 25 posts and sure glad i dont have your problem OP,

If It was my problem I can honestly say I am more confused reading everyones replies. each suggestion was met with a "no you can't"

but we can't blame others OP its all your fault for being slack in the first place.

slack for being hit by a honda pickup running a red light which up ended my arse in hospital for 2 weeks.

i c u have over 3000 posts which no doubt consist of more of the same

be useful and go away

thanks

If you get one of those online visas (easy), Burma is also an option. Went there this past October and they inserted only a small in/out stamps next to each other....same size as the in/out stamps here in Thailand. Didn't even cover half a passport page. Now, whether you need (or have room for) a Thai re-entry stamp is another question. Also, I have no idea if the embassy in Rangoon (Yangon) will handle your new passport needs.

It's probably hotter than hell in Rangoon at the moment (it was very hot in October when it was fairly pleasant here in Chiangmai...and it's currently very hot here in Chiangmai).

Nah...just a balmy 42-43 degrees. No problem. Will get a little interesting when the monsoon hits and it drops to 38 with 100% humidity. Only for a couple of months though...no problem!!!!

Still....hit the Myanmar or Dagon to keep the fluids up.

I just remove the full page visa as soon as I am in the country and get rid of most the adhesive by patting it on some material and stick it back on. When I leave the country the visa is easy to peel off and voila a nice new page.

Interesting reply. In which countries have you done this.....and how do you explain this to the next country you enter......not saying I disbelieve you...just curious how this doesn't go unnoticed.

Even Myanmar has facial recognition technology to match the comings and goings.

actually one of the first page visas is cambodian and has become completely unstuck but where they stamped on top of it is over the edge so would look suspect - wouldn't try though - too risky surely

To late now, but you did not have to go to Bangkok yourself, a visa agent would have handled the application and collection, not cheap, but cheaper than the options you are looking at now.

Best to apply for a new passport 6 to 8 months before it expires

It won't help the OP, but for others, on a UK Passport renewal, you get 10 years plus up to 9 months time on the expiring passport.

eg. If your passport is expiring 18th July 2016 and you renewed today, your new passport would expire on the 18th July 2026.

If your passport is expiring on 18th March 2017 and you renewed today, your new passport would expire on 18th January 2027 (10 years, 9 months from now).

Essentially, this gives you a 9 month window to renew without losing time on your new (horrendously overpriced) passport.

OP, Singapore is a single small stamp on entry, not a cheap place to stay whilst waiting for your new passport to be returned though. Malaysia is the same single entry stamp and Thai visas can be obtained at either KUL or Penang.

Edited by naboo

The most relevant questions are -

1, Which countries will allow you in with only half a page left?

2, Will you be able to use the passport to get back into Thailand?

The answer to 1, is not many, and to 2, almost certainly No! Remember you need both an exit stamp from Thailand, and an entry stamp when you come back.

So, unless you can find a country that will allow you in, AND you can stay long enough to get a new passport, the only options are overstay and apply for new passport (which may result in a ban, if too long); or return to UK........

Hong Kong places two stamps in your passport. One an arrival stamp. The second explaining you may not seek work during the 180 days you are in the country. Hong Kong also requires a full blank page before entering the country. (I have an older passport full of Hong Kong stamps to show you if you like). You will find this is the case pretty much everywhere and you will then be stranded in no man's land having left Thailand but denied entry to almost all other countries. Be very careful here - most of the advice above is abysmal and doesn't consider immigration rules. (BTW if you're not a UK citizen you are required to have 2 blank pages which must be on two opposite pages of your passport to enter the UK - lots of people get deported at their own expense each year for ****ing that up too).

Well, since you mentioned abysmal advice........Yours is out of date. Since December Hong Kong no longer stamps your passport - in or out. They give you a small printed slip of paper with your name, date permitted to stay and passport no. Very simple. Dunno if you can still renew British passport there though.

Actually it is already longer since Hong Kong stopped cluttering up UK (and most other) passports. ditto Macau if you prefer - no physical stamps in the passport. All done on computer.

post-59640-0-23532300-1461002461_thumb.j

I am missing something? the OP wants to go to another country to get a UK passport? but it still has to be sent to the UK, so sit around for 2 to 6 weeks waiting?

He wants to fly to another country because he does not want to fly to Bangkok????

Maybe I miss read it, but get a 30 day visa extension here, and do the application in Bangkok

Do the trip to Malaysia and back and then use one of the Visa agencies in Thailand to do it for you. Service charge of about 5000 baht.

Is there enough time left on the passport by the way....?

Many countries wish to see 6 months.

Malaysia or Singapore in and out should work.

I am missing something? the OP wants to go to another country to get a UK passport? but it still has to be sent to the UK, so sit around for 2 to 6 weeks waiting?

He wants to fly to another country because he does not want to fly to Bangkok????

Maybe I miss read it, but get a 30 day visa extension here, and do the application in Bangkok

yeah you need to start from the beginning

• Like 1

The answer to 1, is not many, and to 2, almost certainly No! Remember you need both an exit stamp from Thailand, and an entry stamp when you come back.

So, unless you can find a country that will allow you in, AND you can stay long enough to get a new passport, the only options are overstay and apply for new passport (which may result in a ban, if too long); or return to UK........

Yup - that's my gut feeling. Thanks.

Yup - that's my gut feeling. Thanks.

I had a similar problem. I went into Malaysia with only half a page and came back into Thailand without a problem.

I then applied for a new passport but unfortunately after about 7 weeks my permission to stay run out. I had a problem then, immigration struggled to find somewhere to put the under consideration stamp.

Passport came back 3 days before the under consideration ran out.

OP, Singapore is a single small stamp on entry, not a cheap place to stay whilst waiting for your new passport to be returned though. Malaysia is the same single entry stamp and Thai visas can be obtained at either KUL or Penang.

IIRC, Singapore gives you 90 days Visa Exempt, which would give you time to apply for a new PP from there (although it is expensive to stay there.) Malaysia, whilst cheaper, only gives you 30 days VE, which probably wouldn't give you time to apply from there, but both have only small entry/exit stamps which they'll fit in anywhere there's space if you ask, so good for a quick in/out before returning to T/L.

I think the safe approach would be a land crossing to Malaysia (not at Sadao). You can verify before leaving that the turnaround for a visa exempt entry will be accepted. Then, if you dislike Bangkok, have an agent handle the passport renewal for you. If you decide to do the passport renewal yourself, ask for an appointment at Trendy immediately as you want to maximize the time between handing in your application and expiry of the visa exempt entry (there will be no space in the old passport to extend it).

Get an E-visa for Cambodia. https://www.evisa.gov.kh fly into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap you get a small stamp the size of a Thai visa exempt stamp. BTW I would go to Seim Reap and check out Angkor Wat and Pub Street.

BTW you could renew your passport at the British Embassy in Phnom Penh. https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-phnom-penh

Thanks - wasn't aware of their evisa.

Says 8 weeks turnaround on their site though sad.png

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/cambodia/renewing_new/adult

Will email them

E Visa for cambodia you will receive by email within a week of application maximum, most time3-4 days for me

Get an E-visa for Cambodia. https://www.evisa.gov.kh fly into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap you get a small stamp the size of a Thai visa exempt stamp. BTW I would go to Seim Reap and check out Angkor Wat and Pub Street.

you can also get a e-visa ( pre approved visa on arrival ) for Myanmar, than ur just stamped in and out,

Malaysia

Singapore

only in an out stamps

Just to clarify to all - My passport if "full", doesn't expire to 2022.

Same thing , you need a new passport, well done on all your traveling to fill a passport.i travel a lot around Asia, never filled one yet