Dating as a young foreigner in Isaan

revgreen

Just wondering as I'm relocating to Isaan. I won't be in a village, but I won't be in Khon Khaen or Korat either.

I lived in a small town before and it was difficult; most girls my age are either already in a relationship or they moved out of the small town to work or study in a larger city.

My line of thinking is that most all the foreigners around will be older and married. So what is life like for a young single guy out in the styx?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the attractive girls older than 14 will be married or in Pattaya.

There's usually a few mingers left hanging around, usually the fat girls.

Good luck.

Lmao. This is my expectation.

I was hoping a few people may chime in and bring a more positive outlook... but it is what it is I suppose.

And then somchai comes lurching around the corner with her bags in hand, ready to shuttle her away to the family abode.

a situation I've seen too many times

Then you don't need help here...

Well I didn't really want help... just anecdotes.

And then somchai comes lurching around the corner with her bags in hand, ready to shuttle her away to the family abode.

a situation I've seen too many times

You should be offering advice instead of asking questions.

Good luck.

Confirmed.

Living in the "sticks", to see an attractive Thai-Female is a rare occurrence. To make it worse, even the remaining young "fat-ones", have at least been blessed with 2 infants already at the age of 20.

= The ultimate "libido-killer" !

"Thai women are beautiful" is a myth. As BritMan indicates, the true "Thai-Beauties" hang around Tourist-Hubs and they have very little use of "country living", unless a gullible Farang comes along with deep pockets.

Cheers.

I tried to date girls around 18-30 in Isaan and it is extreme hard. Virtually impossible if you can't speak fluent Thai. And then, they say "ask my boy", so you can be sure that 99% have a yaba tattoed boyfriend. And the ones who like to date are the ones that are on holiday from Pattaya.

But what I noticed is that there will be sometimes offers to be a mia noi and that comes mostly from the "inner circle" of one's wife.

I tried to date girls around 18-30 in Isaan and it is extreme hard. Virtually impossible if you can't speak fluent Thai. And then, they say "ask my boy", so you can be sure that 99% have a yaba tattoed boyfriend. And the ones who like to date are the ones that are on holiday from Pattaya.

But what I noticed is that there will be sometimes offers to be a mia noi and that comes mostly from the "inner circle" of one's wife.

I speak pretty decent Thai.

I guess I could be some bored housewife's plaything. Trying everything once, eh?

Good luck.

Did you forget Bangkok, khao Samui, Phuket, thai brothels all over Thailand etc etc,even in Dubai etc etc, I think you know nothing

Good luck.

Did you forget Bangkok, khao Samui, Phuket, thai brothels all over Thailand etc etc,even in Dubai etc etc, I think you know nothing

'in Pattaya' was a euphemism for the pretty girls occupation.

Once in a while, when you least expect it, you will meet that one and your tongue will hit the ground.

Normally just before tripping over said tongue and making an a$$ of yourself...............................tongue.png

If you happen to end up in Wongchumpu (total population 100) I can introduce you to some of my wifes family.

The problem is, they all have wonderful caring Thai boyfriends who have six-pack stomachs, good jobs and look after them.

Never mind.

Edit. That is Sipi in the background and his son being nursed..

Edited by sipi

I speak pretty decent Thai.

I guess I could be some bored housewife's plaything. Trying everything once, eh?

You don't qualify, but give it a go anyway.

Life is cheap.

Good luck.

Isaan is full with young university students and they surely have never even seen Pattaya. As for the young OP you will be just fine here in Isaan as when words get out that a young farang guy has settled in you will have plenty of opportunities to meet young female students and the best of it the OP doesn't have to pay for it.

If you happen to end up in Wongchumpu (total population 100) I can introduce you to some of my wifes family.

If I'm thinking of the same Wongchompoo then I've actually been through there a few times on my bike. Will keep an eye out next time thumbsup.gif

If I'm thinking of the same Wongchompoo then I've actually been through there a few times on my bike. Will keep an eye out next time thumbsup.gif

Beware the lass in the noodle shop is gorgeous.