Primary school in Sisaket province seeking two NES EP teachers immediately

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

I'm only trying to help a befriended Thai teacher to find two NES teachers. I'll copy and paste what she wrote, i haven't got more information yet.

Hello, I am teacher XXXX, a teacher from Anuban XXXX school. We need two native speakers of English for English Program Grade 4 homeroom teacher who can well organized in class and students. Math’s, science, PE & Health education, career, computer and club will be taught in English. It is about 19 hours a week. Besides teaching, you still have a morning DJ job who can provide some songs and tips.

Once in a week you will be responsible for a duty as you have to come to school early to welcome all students at the gate of school and serve food for students. Our school offer an eleven-month payment contract but 12 months for visa. Your salary can start from 30,000 baht a month. We have free lunch but accommodation. During school year, you can join our school trip at least twice a year.

Another position is English teacher for kindergarten students, about 4 years old. We need calm, patient and responsible teacher. You have to provide activities for the young kids using more English and try to make them speak out in English.

P.S.

Please page me if you’re looking for a teaching position. The salary seems to be negotiable and I leave it up to you to make the best out of your interview. A female teacher for the Anuban position would be ideal, but not a must.

The school’s located in Sisaket province, about 65 km away towards the Cambodian border.

Should you be interested to work for a government school directly, please send your resume to me ( page me) and I'll forward it to her.

Please no jokes about the salary, it's a serious job offer and an easy job. wai2.gif

Note: If anybody's interested in this position, please send your resume to me via message.

I'm not an agency, nor do i receive any form of payment.

I've just promised a friend to do the first screening, then you'll receive the contact details immediately.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

wai2.gif

An 11 month contract for a teacher that can DJ and serve food. Shouldn't be hard to find.whistling.gif

I've tried my best to convince her to put one month on top. Thanks a lot to a well- known agency in this country that has started that shi:

Fact is that they need experienced teachers. And I'm certain that there're ways to make it happen.

The dj thing has me stumped

I used to play the Issan Khaen bamboo pipes in assembly at my school in Myanmar; and I once was a DJ on the British offshore pirate radio ships in the 70's.

Easy job, but too far for daily commute...

The naysayers are coming down the hill towards you, mate. gigglem.gif Brave of you to post for a friend.

The dj thing has me stumped.blink.png

Basically, they want a 'monkey' not a teacher.

Standing at a gate at 6 am to greet children you are going to see throughout the day is nonsense. It is purely for the 'show' factor that is so prevalent in Thai schools. Asking for them to be a DJ is another ridiculous demand that will turn teachers off this 'school.' The list of nonsense rather than teaching duties is never ending. bah.gif

Standing at a gate at 6 am to greet children you are going to see throughout the day is nonsense

IMHO, there is nothing wrong at all in doing gate duty. It gives you a chance to meet and chat with your students' parents. Teaching is not just being in the classroom.

Standing at a gate at 6 am to greet children you are going to see throughout the day is nonsense

IMHO, there is nothing wrong at all in doing gate duty. It gives you a chance to meet and chat with your students' parents. Teaching is not just being in the classroom.

Parents in all likely hood do not speak English and so you can't converse with them. Conversing in Thai is discouraged. The same parents who do not discipline their children and allow them to run wild in school. The same parents when you request they come in for a meeting about their son, decline as they don't want to lose face. The same parents that pay to get their child into the "Genius Class" knowing that their child has learning difficulties. The same parents when you explain that their child is not benefiting from the "Best Student in the School Total Genius" class, then insist you leave their little darlings there any way.

Yes, gate duty is so useful. Nothing at all to do with 'Show', eh?

All the foreigners must do front gate duty, not side gate. Why is that? Surely the parents at the side gate deserve to talk to the foreigner. Oh wait ! People can't see the foreign teachers at the side gate can they.

All show and absolutely no substance.

Why are people making such nonsense up? I'm at my fourth school and the gate duty is also very useful to avoid accidents at the main gate.

Nobody wrote that it starts at 6 am.At my current school I'm standing there once a week for about 30 minutes. It's part of my job and all Thai teachers shave to do it as well.

Too many dumbnuts here, sorry. Some even believe that they're special. Shame on you. You aren't.

Edited by lostinisaan

Parents in all likely hood do not speak English and so you can't converse with them. Conversing in Thai is discouraged. The same parents who do not discipline their children and allow them to run wild in school. The same parents when you request they come in for a meeting about their son, decline as they don't want to lose face. The same parents that pay to get their child into the "Genius Class" knowing that their child has learning difficulties. The same parents when you explain that their child is not benefiting from the "Best Student in the School Total Genius" class, then insist you leave their little darlings there any way.

Yes, gate duty is so useful. Nothing at all to do with 'Show', eh?

All the foreigners must do front gate duty, not side gate. Why is that? Surely the parents at the side gate deserve to talk to the foreigner. Oh wait ! People can't see the foreign teachers at the side gate can they.

All show and absolutely no substance.

Please read my Op again. There's a school seeking two teachers.

I can't comment for city schools but country schools - even in the UK had gate duty and playground duty in primary schools many years ago.

Lollipop lady / man still exist in the UK. The local police ( Thailand ) who perhaps should be doing this duty are often not about. Of course 'road sense' is another matter.

The local primary schools where I live in Thailand have sing-a-long classes outside, weather permitting, hence the DJ; in a 'nursery' class songs are part of learning.

Yes, the 'able' children are often bored out of their minds and, if it were possible / practical ( level of conversational English ), should be moved up a class.

What you consider 'show - factor' is, whether you like it or not, the Thai way and whether you like it or not that is not going to change.

Having taught many ages of children in different countries, however 'strange' the Thai way may seem, however frustrating it may be / seem I much prefer it over trying to teach teen age children at some schools in the UK.

By the way, I was at school in the UK when corporal punishment and in-class physical abuse by the school / teachers was still allowed by law.

If you are here - Thailand - to teach, then, you should ALREADY be aware of 'how it is', if not and you balk at all the things you hear about or see, perhaps it's better you don't teach. I decry what is happening here with education and I feel sad for the children - it's not their fault. I am happy, that having been a private one-on-one teacher, i have helped some children / adults get on with English.

Edited by Speedo1968

Parents in all likely hood do not speak English and so you can't converse with them. Conversing in Thai is discouraged

Hmm, the discouragement is speaking Thai with the students, not with their parents coffee1.gif You have made the effort to learn some conversational Thai?

Yes, I know there is a 'face' element in Mr Whitey standing at the school gate. So let the school gain face from this and you can get on and do your job as a 'professional', which should include close and regular contact with your students' parents/guardians.

Having written this reply, I realise that it is taking the OP off-topic a little. Mods can bin my response if necessary. But I think that my comments above are relevant to these teaching vacancies. Gate duty, after-school duty etc is part of being a foreign teacher in Thailand.

Edited by simon43

I can't comment for city schools but country schools - even in the UK had gate duty and playground duty in primary schools many years ago.

Lollipop lady / man still exist in the UK. The local police ( Thailand ) who perhaps should be doing this duty are often not about. Of course 'road sense' is another matter.

The local primary schools where I live in Thailand have sing-a-long classes outside, weather permitting, hence the DJ; in a 'nursery' class songs are part of learning.

Yes, the 'able' children are often bored out of their minds and, if it were possible / practical ( level of conversational English ), should be moved up a class.

What you consider 'show - factor' is, whether you like it or not, the Thai way and whether you like it or not that is not going to change.

Having taught many ages of children in different countries, however 'strange' the Thai way may seem, however frustrating it may be / seem I much prefer it over trying to teach teen age children at some schools in the UK.

By the way, I was at school in the UK when corporal punishment and in-class physical abuse by the school / teachers was still allowed by law.

If you are here - Thailand - to teach, then, you should ALREADY be aware of 'how it is', if not and you balk at all the things you hear about or see, perhaps it's better you don't teach. I decry what is happening here with education and I feel sad for the children - it's not their fault. I am happy, that having been a private one-on-one teacher, i have helped some children / adults get on with English.

And no metal detector at the entrance to check for guns. How can i permanently destroy a fingerprint scanner, or make a print that's usable?

Parents in all likely hood do not speak English and so you can't converse with them. Conversing in Thai is discouraged

Hmm, the discouragement is speaking Thai with the students, not with their parents coffee1.gif You have made the effort to learn some conversational Thai?

Yes, I know there is a 'face' element in Mr Whitey standing at the school gate. So let the school gain face from this and you can get on and do your job as a 'professional', which should include close and regular contact with your students' parents/guardians.

Having written this reply, I realise that it is taking the OP off-topic a little. Mods can bin my response if necessary. But I think that my comments above are relevant to these teaching vacancies. Gate duty, after-school duty etc is part of being a foreign teacher in Thailand.

Thanks a lot for your informative post. 30 minutes to one hour a week can't be that bad. Especially when your Thai colleagues have to do it too.

I'm happy that I don't live where my school is. Male teachers have to sleep at school twice a month for security reasons.

But please don't try to explain that to somebody who might think he/she/s too good to do that.

and earned triple what you make as a "teacher"

In the same year as you, I was earning the equivalent of 2,500 THB per hour (tax free)

One year later, I sold a business for more than $2 million.

When I work as a teacher, I earn perhaps 30,000 baht per month

There is more to life than just money thumbsup.gif

And no metal detector at the entrance to check for guns. How can i permanently destroy a fingerprint scanner, or make a print that's usable?

No, no metal detectors in the old skool days, the old style London mobs had a "Code of Conduct" not like today's Mafia's. If you got caught fighting at school the school arranged a boxing match, with gloves, often enough to put off the bully boys.

Not sure what you are inferring about fingerprint scanners. You can make a false print ( lots on line about this ), or first line defense use a long digit password, second line defense fingerprint that automatically falls back to password if print fails ( if that's possible of course ).

I wish you all the best in finding 'suitable' teachers.

No, no metal detectors in the old skool days, the old style London mobs had a "Code of Conduct" not like today's Mafia's. If you got caught fighting at school the school arranged a boxing match, with gloves, often enough to put off the bully boys.

Not sure what you are inferring about fingerprint scanners. You can make a false print ( lots on line about this ), or first line defense use a long digit password, second line defense fingerprint that automatically falls back to password if print fails ( if that's possible of course ).

Many schools do have fingerprint scanners to sign in and out. Was more a joke, so please just take it easy. I might clone my right thumb and somebody can sign in for me.

I'm living 25 km away from school and when i have to waste 300 baht just to sign in and out, it makes not much sense to me.

My former school was different, they said that i don't have to because I live somewhere else.

Regarding the job offer, I don't get it. Only one wanted to have the name of the school, when i replied that she should send her resume and then get the name of the school I never heard of her again.

It seems to be wasted time to post a job here, people do not seem to think that it's a real and sincere offer without cheating anybody.

And I assume that some people here prefer to sign up for an agency and get raped all over.

I was there, done it. Never ever again being a number only for an agency, without any rights.

Many schools do have fingerprint scanners to sign in and out. Was more a joke, so please just take it easy. I might clone my right thumb and somebody can sign in for me.

I'm living 25 km away from school and when i have to waste 300 baht just to sign in and out, it makes not much sense to me.

My former school was different, they said that i don't have to because I live somewhere else.

Regarding the job offer, I don't get it. Only one wanted to have the name of the school, when i replied that she should send her resume and then get the name of the school I never heard of her again.

It seems to be wasted time to post a job here, people do not seem to think that it's a real and sincere offer without cheating anybody.

And I assume that some people here prefer to sign up for an agency and get raped all over.

I was there, done it. Never ever again being a number only for an agency, without any rights.

Asking or not asking about the school / company etc that you are applying / sending a resume to is down to the individual.

I know from my recruiting experience in the UK and elsewhere, it can be frustrating for both sides that the name of the company is not mentioned, at least in the initial interviews. Even the country of the work was often not mentioned in an advertisement or first interview , only that the work was overseas.

Most, but not all newspaper advertisements used to have ( years ago I don't know about now ) the name of the company and, the applicant was expected to have "genned - up" before their interview.

I can understand a persons reluctance to send off resumes, perhaps a basic CV would have been enough to start with. Experienced teachers have views about various schools - their own or from what they hear on the grapevine; likewise schools probably have their own grapevine info about teachers.

As recently as last year an oldie friend and I were approached by someone recruiting desperately needed teachers for a local temple school and another local school. We were told we would be picked up next morning and taken to the schools to discuss the matter further. We waited and he never turned up. Drove out to one of the temple schools where there was a festival, met the man, local mayor and some high ( ! ) status people to do with the temple. We broached the subject of being interested in teaching - asked why we were not picked up as arranged - made it clear that we were no longer interested and left. As far as I know the schools still don't have the teachers.

Can you not put an ad in each of the district forums e.g. Isaan, Phuket ? If it is a big school what about national press ? - shows my lack of knowledge as to how the system' works perhaps.

That's cool position mate for my gurl.

She good at all these.

We are in Sisaket and makes a good thing to just drive down to anuban XXXX

my email:

<<<<Email removed as per forum rules, use PM function to contact>>>>

Mate for your gurl and makes a good thing?

Edited by lostinisaan

That's cool position mate for my gurl.

She good at all these.

We are in Sisaket and makes a good thing to just drive down to anuban XXXX

my email:

<<<<Email removed as per forum rules, use PM function to contact>>>>

Jesus. w00t.gif First laugh of the day. Thanks Sprint345. passifier.gif

I'm suspecting the gate keeper and food serving tasks are to help the teachers and students see each other in non-teaching activities and non-teaching times. Could be useful to show the teacher as a 'normal' person (serving food and waiting at the gates). And useful for the teacher to see the kids behaviours during lunch time or as they show up to school.

However, that DJ thing. That just seems.... unusual? Could be fun tho. Can you imitate Wolfman Jack? :)

Sadly I have no experience teaching so would not qualify :(

Oh where do I sign up for that? Are there any furung teacher who wish to be humiliated? Is there a big demand for that in Zimbabwe,N.Korea or Venezuela? You do realize that your employer is looking for Chinese teachers right? Its a ASEAN thing now.

The smart ones have left the Kingdom a long time ago already, that leaves just you holding the bag.

Once I start playing Pink Floyd or Jimmy Hendrix, I would be fired on the spot.biggrin.png

You know where I get a kick out of? There's a guy seeking a job, created a thread that he didn't find a job yet and is asking when the schools actually start?

These jobs are still available, but sending a message seems to be too difficult. Here's the best proof how hard the OP's really looking for a job.

it's sad when you're in the middle of a forest, but you don't see the trees.

BTW, I'd play Frank Zappa for the kids and show them movies from Monty Python.

Having Somtham, then a reincarnation and listening to dark side of the moon with the kids. People are strange when you're a stranger.. .

People are strange when you're a stranger

Faces look ugly when you're alone

Women seem wicked when you're unwanted

Streets are uneven, when you're down

When you're strange

Faces come out of the rain

When you're strange

No one remembers your name

When you're strange

​ In memory of Jim Morrison wai2.gif