Bicycle Rental In Cm

ricksha92

If I lived in Sankampeng, I would never ride a bike on the road between Sankampeng and Chiang Mai. Too dangerous, in my estimation.

Right.

But can you name a safe road in CM ?

Sure, most any road is safer, in my view

If I lived in Sankampeng, I would never ride a bike on the road between Sankampeng and Chiang Mai. Too dangerous, in my estimation.

Right.

Safer doesn't mean safe.

What about the "Ole Road" to Lamphun, the road to Sansai and last but not least Hang Dong Rd ?

Right.

Safer doesn't mean safe.

What about the "Ole Road" to Lamphun, the road to Sansai and last but not least Hang Dong Rd ?

Just to be clear...

This debate has gone on before. If you're an experienced cyclist and you learn to anticipate what the drivers will do (both Thai and farang), cycling here is relatively safe. Unfortunately for you, I've found the roads on the west side of town to be much better for cyclig than the roads on the east side.

It also wouldn't be any fun riding to Sankampeng on a regular basis on the cheapest bike you can rent in CM -- a single speed clunker that can't be adjusted to fit properly. You'd need to rent from one of the reputable bike shops in town, something like a Trek 4300, and that would probably cost around 1500b/month.

This debate has gone on before. If you're an experienced cyclist and you learn to anticipate what the drivers will do (both Thai and farang), cycling here is relatively safe. Unfortunately for you, I've found the roads on the west side of town to be much better for cyclig than the roads on the east side.

It also wouldn't be any fun riding to Sankampeng on a regular basis on the cheapest bike you can rent in CM -- a single speed clunker that can't be adjusted to fit properly. You'd need to rent from one of the reputable bike shops in town, something like a Trek 4300, and that would probably cost around 1500b/month.

Sorry, but if you can anticipate what any driver is going to do here then you have a special gift - use it and buy lottery tickets - can't lose. :o

Sorry, but if you can anticipate what any driver is going to do here then you have a special gift - use it and buy lottery tickets - can't lose. :D

I agree.

I worked as a bicycle messenger in San Francisco for many years and used a bicycle as my only transportation in Hanoi when I lived there - where traffic is worse than here - however, there is NO way to "anticipate" what a bunch of selfish, brain dead drivers are going to do.

Just got to hope for good luck, because "experience" only helps so much. :o

Sorry, but if you can anticipate what any driver is going to do here then you have a special gift - use it and buy lottery tickets - can't lose. :D

I agree.

I worked as a bicycle messenger in San Francisco for many years and used a bicycle as my only transportation in Hanoi when I lived there - where traffic is worse than here - however, there is NO way to "anticipate" what a bunch of selfish, brain dead drivers are going to do.

Just got to hope for good luck, because "experience" only helps so much. :o

I've got 400,000 kms experience on a bike, 200,000 of it in the NYC area and another 200,000 kms in 30 countries around the world. I've had 4 accidents involving cars. 2 were mostly my fault. I think those are pretty good odds, but I don't think it's luck.

Thai drivers are different than European and American drivers. Worse? No. Different? Yes.

Your opinion may differ. But if you think it's so dangerous, you should stay off the road for your own safety.