Swedish Murderer News?

twix38

has anyone heard an update on the Swedish guy who picked up a girl along beach road and killed her in his room. Then fled to Bangkok befre getting an email from a friend and returning to Pattaya. He was featured on Pattaya People TV in giving a detailed story of what happened.

I read that he was due in court about 3 weeks ago and I can't believe it, but nothing has been reported since. Did he get a sentance? What happened?

It seems that the Pattaya People paper and TV just stopped reporting for all their bravado about keeping us informed.

I did fel a bit sorry for him, but it was murder at the end of the day.

has anyone heard an update on the Swedish guy who picked up a girl along beach road and killed her in his room. Then fled to Bangkok befre getting an email from a friend and returning to Pattaya. He was featured on Pattaya People TV in giving a detailed story of what happened.

I read that he was due in court about 3 weeks ago and I can't believe it, but nothing has been reported since. Did he get a sentance? What happened?

It seems that the Pattaya People paper and TV just stopped reporting for all their bravado about keeping us informed.

As I heard it:

Swede bludgeoned her to death with a lamp, then dragged the corpse through the lobby of the sawasdee beach view (he was identified by lobby camera), then the length of the soi from sawasdee beachview to 2d road, then dragged her north on second road til he reached the stone wall across from the thai covered market, then asked a passing stranger to help him heave the corpse over the stone wall into the grassy field?

Next day, after a wash up, off to bangkok where he phoned his father, who advised him to turn himself in.

thanks fishsauce,

I saw a detailed account by him on Pattaya People TV and I then read that he was due in court about 2 or 3 weeks ago now.

I wondered what the hel_l happened in court as this was meant to have been followed up by the "tabloid sensationalist" Pattaya People newspaper or TV. I looked at both and nothing at all on the promised court appearance outcome or verdict?

One problem is regarding the identity of the dead woman. Nobody came forward to identify her, and it is thought she might be from Cambodia.

She had quite an amazing collection of tattoo's all over her torso which appeared to represent an occult theme. She also approached the Swedish killer, offering fortune telling cards, with 'extras'.

On the face of it, it seems she became violent back in this Swedes room and he throttled her to death. Only then did it all go 'a bit Des Nilsen regarding disposal of the corpse, which was captured on CCTV.

Here’s an update I found in a Swedish newspaper.

The trial against Mr. Kenneth Eriksson ended around mid October. According to the newspaper, a member from the Swedish Embassy said that it is likely that Mr. Eriksson will get between 5-10 years in jail and not the death sentence or life imprisonment as they initially feared. The embassy has been in contact with persons close to the judge and sources said that he would be sentenced to manslaughter instead of murder.

TIT so you never though what will happen in the end!

The final verdict is expected on Nov 30th.

Tompa,

Here’s an update I found in a Swedish newspaper.

The trial against Mr. Kenneth Eriksson ended around mid October. According to the newspaper, a member from the Swedish Embassy said that it is likely that Mr. Eriksson will get between 5-10 years in jail and not the death sentence or life imprisonment as they initially feared. The embassy has been in contact with persons close to the judge and sources said that he would be sentenced to manslaughter instead of murder.

TIT so you never though what will happen in the end!

The final verdict is expected on Nov 30th.

Tompa,

Still 10-5 years in a thai jail = 20 in a swedish one did you see the guy a shadow of what he looked like before. I dont think it was a planed killing because it was a veray public way of doing it asking a passing stranger to help him heave the corpse over the stone wall just around the corner not veray thought out. Maybe we will never know what happened in that room :o

Thanks, that seems to bring us up to date. Possibly between 5 and 10 years jail and vedict due around 30th Nov.

Indeed the girl was covered in Tattoos and probably not the sort I would care to frequent with, as best as I can tell from what little information we have.

I do agree this was in no way pre-meditated and appears to be a crime of misunderstanding and self defence which went too far and with both parties.

I must thank the Pattaya People for their hard work on a follow up with the court case appearance over 2 weeks ago and endlessly repeating the story on TV. The paper reminds me of trash, sensationalist reporting with the occasional headline to get you to buy the paper that is shown to have exagerated and deceived on reading the article inside and a duplicate of news on the TV station, so you already know 80% of it if you have watched their TV station.

I suspect that most people would have had trouble with this girl, although few would have ended up strangling her to death, but if she was attacking repeatedly then you never know how it will end. Clearly he could have done better. However, if it happened the way Mr Erikson informed us, then I would be happy for him to get a manslaughter sentance, most of which he has already served by now. He appeared to be genuine and remorsefull in his TV testomony.

Edited by twix38

• 4 weeks later...

Still 10-5 years in a thai jail = 20 in a swedish one did you see the guy a shadow of what he looked like before. I dont think it was a planed killing because it was a veray public way of doing it asking a passing stranger to help him heave the corpse over the stone wall just around the corner not veray thought out. Maybe we will never know what happened in that room :o

Just to let you know, Swedish jails are like 3-star hotels (tv, stereo, your own furniture,etc)! Not at all like Thai jails! And they are one man to a cell aswell!

Edited by SamuiJens

Swedish News Site (In Swedish) with some pictures of his re-enactment with Thai police.

Swedish BLOG on the case (In English), there is a comment here he is ex-army. If true hardly basis of an even struggle between the girl and him. The question I have is his state of mind thinking he can drag a body out of the hotel and hide it on Second Road, he needed locking up before coming to Thailand.

Swede bludgeoned her to death with a lamp, then dragged the corpse through the lobby of the sawasdee beach view (he was identified by lobby camera), then the length of the soi from sawasdee beachview to 2d road, then dragged her north on second road til he reached the stone wall across from the thai covered market, then asked a passing stranger to help him heave the corpse over the stone wall into the grassy field

:o

Indeed the girl was covered in Tattoos and probably not the sort I would care to frequent with, as best as I can tell from what little information we have

I've only been in patters a few times but one sight that sticks in my mind was a girl I saw in marine covered in tats. wonder if this is the girl in question.

Thanks, that seems to bring us up to date. Possibly between 5 and 10 years jail and vedict due around 30th Nov.

Indeed the girl was covered in Tattoos and probably not the sort I would care to frequent with, as best as I can tell from what little information we have.

I do agree this was in no way pre-meditated and appears to be a crime of misunderstanding and self defence which went too far and with both parties.

I must thank the Pattaya People for their hard work on a follow up with the court case appearance over 2 weeks ago and endlessly repeating the story on TV. The paper reminds me of trash, sensationalist reporting with the occasional headline to get you to buy the paper that is shown to have exagerated and deceived on reading the article inside and a duplicate of news on the TV station, so you already know 80% of it if you have watched their TV station.

I suspect that most people would have had trouble with this girl, although few would have ended up strangling her to death, but if she was attacking repeatedly then you never know how it will end. Clearly he could have done better. However, if it happened the way Mr Erikson informed us, then I would be happy for him to get a manslaughter sentance, most of which he has already served by now. He appeared to be genuine and remorsefull in his TV testomony.

Murderers have this habit of inventing a sob story of why they did what they did. Every murderer does it. And the victim never gets to tell their side of the story. What I'm saying is, this guy bludgeoned her to death. He could have easily then cut himself and planted a knife in her hand after she was dead. Because hey, getting out of a murder rap is worth a couple of cuts. Quite a coincidence that the knife wounds were not life threatening, don't you think?

Anyway, to answer another question, apparently Thai media is not allowed in the courtrooms. This is why you'll only get the follow-up stories from the foreign media in cases involving foreigners.

Probably not, many tattoed girls, some small and discrete, some more eye catching.

Reading the story (here on TV) I would not guess he picked her up at Marine disco, rather before W-street. But that's me thinking too mut too mut.... :o

I've only been in patters a few times but one sight that sticks in my mind was a girl I saw in marine covered in tats. wonder if this is the girl in question.

Edited by edh

Probably not, many tattoed girls, some small and discrete, some more eye catching.

Reading the story (here on TV) I would not guess he picked her up at Marine disco, rather before W-street. But that's me thinking too mut too mut.... :o

when I say covered in tats, i mean literally.

Edited by game4shame

The verdict came in today and Mr. Eriksson was sentenced to 10 years and 8 months in prison (10 years for the killing, 4 months for overstay and 4 months for disposing the body). As he confessed to manslaughter the sentenced was reduced by half, leaving him with a 5 year jail sentence.

For you that can read Swedish you can check out the full story at http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/stor...,944001,00.html

Tompa,

Thank you very much Tompa

For those of us who can't read Swedish (I confess, I am one), was there any more detail?

For instance as he must have served a year or so by now does that mean 4 years left?

Presumably he will not have to serve the full term either, so may be out in a couploe of years. I did have some sympathy with his circumstances,assuming his account was true that is.

Swede jailed for Thai prostitute killing

A former Swedish soldier has been convicted of killing a prostitute in Thailand and jailed for 5 years.

Kenneth Eriksson, was accused of assaulting a young prostitute, resulting in her death, in a hotel room in Pattaya, southeast of Bangkok, in February of 2005. The court found him guilty, convicting him of manslaughter.

Eriksson was originally sentenced to ten years for the crime, four months for overstaying in the country and four months for hiding the body. But the court reduced the sentence by fifty percent, taking into account that Eriksson pled guilty to the charges.

After the deadly assault, Eriksson hid the body in a trunk, which he later dumped on wasteland near the hotel. His actions were caught by the hotel’s surveillance camera.

Police launched a search for the Swede, but he later turned himself in. Eriksson has been in prison in Pattaya since the beginning of 2005.

- post-9005-1164940160.png

http://www.thelocal.se

Ok, I see. Well not what I meant.

I guess she would have been easily identified by all her tats, but as story tells nobody know her whereabots from the beginning, only speculations..

when I say covered in tats, i mean literally.

Today's "Pattaya's People Weekly" says that the sentence is about to come. So basically no news yet.

Today's "Pattaya's People Weekly" says that the sentence is about to come. So basically no news yet.

He got five years :o it's mentioned in this thread and in a news article posted by Sriratcha John.

Pattaya's People Weekly probably doesn't follow up after a sensational arrest has blown over.

And dvk can type faster than me :D

/edit/dvk

Edited by Thaddeus

yes.. just 5 years.

Seems incredibly lenient. Don't know how old she was, but if, for example, she was 25, and considering the normal life expectancies, he's taken away 45 years off of hers, while the courts are only taking 5 years off of his... doesn't seem fair.

Edited by sriracha john

yes.. just 5 years.

Seems incredibly lenient. Don't know how old she was, but if, for example, she was 25, and considering the normal life expectancies, he's taken away 45 years off of hers, while the courts are only taking 5 years off of his... doesn't seem fair.

That's an incredibly simple minded way of looking at it.

Using your method, a mathematical formula could be used for all murder cases to determine the punishment:

If the murder victim is 70 years old, then no jail time is required... also if the victim was near death anyway due to some terminal illness.

If the murderer is 70 years old, then who's going to pay? The murderer's family maybe?

70 - (victim's age) = jail time.

In western nations an additional 10-13 years should be factored in "considering the normal life expectancies" and depending on where the victim was murdered.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but personally I'm happy the guy only got 5 years.

Edited by tropo

yes.. just 5 years.

That's an incredibly simple minded way of looking at it.

Using your method, a mathematical formula could be used for all murder cases to determine the punishment:

If the murder victim is 70 years old, then no jail time is required... also if the victim was near death anyway due to some terminal illness.

If the murderer is 70 years old, then who's going to pay? The murderer's family maybe?

70 - (victim's age) = jail time.

In western nations an additional 10-13 years should be factored in "considering the normal life expectancies" and depending on where the victim was murdered.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but personally I'm happy the guy only got 5 years.

*sigh*...

my method? :o

It was simply a commentary based upon contemplating one aspect of looking at his sentence.

Sorry if that went over your head and you took it so concretely.

There's no need for "mathematical formulations" or algebra-based solutions for criminal convictions... no where am I advocting such nonsense. Simply pointing out that she lost out on much more her life than he will of his.

As for your approval of the 5 year sentence, it would be worth pondering if your feelings would remain unchanged if it had involved your sister/aunt/wife.

As for your approval of the 5 year sentence, it would be worth pondering if your feelings would remain unchanged if it had involved your sister/aunt/wife.

*sigh*...

Thank you for your timely explanation.

I don't work on mathematical formulas in murder cases, but at least by your calculations, I'd be pissed if it was my sister/aunt/wife as their life expectancies would probably have been higher.

It's your "this is not fair" analysis that leaves much to be desired, especially as you're not privy to the facts as presented to the court. To be totally fair I suppose "an eye for an eye" is justice in your eyes.

Yes he got of very light indeed.......I remember this story when it first emerged and the way he murdered her and the fact that he hid the body without any respect at all for his young victim would have meant in my book that he should have been left to rot in jail.....5 years it`s a joke!

*sigh*

You'd be far better off not trying to suppose so much....

:o

*sigh*...

Sure, supply some real facts from the court appearance rather than simple minded comments on what's fair and I'll gladly give it up.

Edited by tropo