Gay couple wins custody battle against Thai surrogate mother

webfact

Uh oh.

The parents of the child, you know the two males that lack wombs, still need to wait to see if the Thai surrogate woman will APPEAL the decision, or not.

They can't leave with their child BEFORE that.

I think if she does appeal though, there would be some one or some organization behind her, funding her

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the gay couple, and I'm am sure she will be loved and have a wonderful life.

I hope the world can get over the fact that some people and couples are different, I don't care as long as there happy, there is far to much hatred in this world, so legalize gay marriage and get on with life.

Ps I'm not gay but have many friends that are and they are happy people.

But what about the kid.....?

What? You mean the kid whose parents have spent the past year fighting for the right to bring their child home, who have given up everything in their home country to stay and fight for their child, who have put up with all the stress surrounding this case and never given up because they love their child?

You know, I think that kid will be just fine?

Congratulations to the gay couple, and I'm am sure she will be loved and have a wonderful life.

I hope the world can get over the fact that some people and couples are different, I don't care as long as there happy, there is far to much hatred in this world, so legalize gay marriage and get on with life.

What? You mean the kid whose parents have spent the past year fighting for the right to bring their child home, who have given up everything in their home country to stay and fight for their child, who have put up with all the stress surrounding this case and never given up because they love their child?

You're obviously not a father yourself but I'd bet my bottom dollar that if you had a son you wouldn't let a gay couple baby sit for him, would you?

Yet you condone a gay couple manipulating the laws of nature to look after this freak full time.

Explain that one.

Gordon Lake and Manuel Santos ... CONGRATULATIONS.

Perhaps it would be best if you don't visit Thailand again with YOUR children.coffee1.gif

The persistence you exhibited is fighting to keep YOUR baby has been very inspiring.

Have a happy life with YOUR happy family. clap2.gif

Next time adopt a baby and don't BUY one

They didn't buy a baby, the gentleman is the biological father of this child.

What about the kid? The kid has two loving parents who fought tooth and nail to keep her. What else can she ask for?

The world is changing and getting smaller. I don't personally have issue with a father taking back his child. I doubt the children would.be expose to them having sex the same way traditional parents keep sex outside of a child's sight. The only real reason the woman wanted this child was money she saw that the father would send.

You're obviously not a father yourself but I'd bet my bottom dollar that if you had a son you wouldn't let a gay couple baby sit for him, would you?

Yet you condone a gay couple manipulating the laws of nature to look after this freak full time.

Explain that one.

Why wouldn't you let a gay couple babysit?

Do you think gay people eat babies or something?

Perhaps it would be best if you don't visit Thailand again with YOUR children.coffee1.gif

The persistence you exhibited is fighting to keep YOUR baby has been very inspiring.

It is not THEIR child. Children are created by a man and a woman. I feel sorry for this poor little child. being raised by two men. What a horrible thought.

What about the kid? The kid has two loving parents who fought tooth and nail to keep her. What else can she ask for?

A sexually normal mother and father would be a good start.

Good for them.

Shame on all the bigoted dinosaurs here.

Don't be such a fascist. It's called an opinion. If you don't like something that happens to turn your stomach, then that's your perrogative. Stop forcing your twisted views on others.

Hatred is not an opinion.

Well, from the beginning, I wasn't optimistic for these parents ...

I had no doubt from the very first day about the eventual ruling.

Why, because courts of family law in Thailand seem to rule primarily with concern for the best interest of the child. The existing legal uncertainty surrounding the reproductive procedures at the time, prior to the new legislation, seem to give even more leeway to the court.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, the only uncertain thing was whether the parents had the determination and means to stick it out.

Edited by Morakot

Are you aware that the court decision does not apply to Senor Santos? The American sperm donor was deemed the legal guardian.

That's all. Senor Santos has NO custody rights and is not the parent. Until the child is legally adopted by Senor Santos, he has no legal standing. And lest you thing I am discriminating against him, if Senor Santos was Senora Santos, she would have NO custody rights and would not be the parent either. Senor Santos is relegated to emotional and/or support of the sperm donor who has been designated as legal guardian.

The court decision was based upon existing family law. The egg donor had demonstrated that she did not have a long term interest in the child when she agreed to be a surrogate donor. This had been a financial undertaking not an act of love. The sperm donor was motivated by the long term interests of the child. In such cases, family courts will rule in favour of the person who puts the child's long term interests first and who is best able to take care of the child.

It is not THEIR child. Children are created by a man and a woman. I feel sorry for this poor little child. being raised by two men. What a horrible thought.

Carmen was created by a man and woman.

A sexually normal mother and father would be a good start.

It seems this is what it all boils down to, a conscious or unconscious dislike of gays sexual orientation, rather than a child's future life.

Far from it George...smile.png

So you answer, can gay folk sire naturally....?

Is that a joke?

Of course they can.... just the same as any man...

And so what if they could not anyway... lost of women can not have children... so they just adopt... or get the husband to use a surrogate same as these gay guys did.

That is no answer to my question......

Here is the answer to you question

Yes gay men can sire naturally.

Is that a clear enough answer?

I have a gay friend who has 3 children...

I have a lesbian friend with 2 children.

These people are the biological parents of the children... and they had sex to make the children.

OK now.. or are you going to keep asking your stupid question and mot listen to what people are telling you?

If you think a gay man can not have a child naturally.. please explain to me why? Would you say that you could not sire a child naturally as you are a man and don't have a womb?

Good for them.

Don't be such a fascist. It's called an opinion. If you don't like something that happens to turn your stomach, then that's your perrogative. Stop forcing your twisted views on others.

Correct, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Again you are showing your dislike of gays rather than seemingly showing concern for the child. That's your prerogative even though some may view your views as twisted.

So what about adopted kids then that grew up with a single mum or stepdad , do you have a problem with them as well? Edited by balo

It's better for this kid to grow up in the westerm world, she will have a good education in good public schools and experience a much higher living standard than in Thailand. And it doesnt matter if her parents are gay or straight in 2016.

Edited by balo

Explain that one.

Man, get a live! Now you call this kid a freak?

Please stop your discrimination BS.

Explain that one.

I have no problem with gay men looking after children. Why would I?

Now bigots like you is another matter. The hate you spread truely is a danger to children.

Edited by Bluespunk

Good for them.

Ah, the irony...