Police hunt thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin

Sadly this video has now gone mainstream UK and is all the papers including The Telegraph. The result of that will be that people will watch the video without studying it and will be outraged and Thailand will be further damned in the eyes of the UK population. Distribution of the video has not done anyone any good I'm afraid and doesn't accurately apportion blame for the incident, as far as UK Plc is concerned the fault will be solely Thailands and that is not right. .

No need for any study, 65 year old woman nearly kicked to death is enough for normal people.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many Thai males act aggressively out of frustration with the sad reality of their lives. Foreigners are an easy target. I was strolling past the Grand Palace last week and of course the 50 Tuk Tuk drivers all lined up sitting around doing nothing start with their touts. I smiled politely and simply said "Mai Chai, Mai Chai" ,,all while smiling. One of these cretins chases me down the street informing me how rude I am (yeah....what a crock) and I should say "Mai Ow" instead of "No. No". I was about to rail on him and advise him if he wants to make some money or get somewhere in life maybe sitting with 50 other Tuk Tuk drivers in the same place harassing tourists is not the best way to go. But smiled and kept my mouth shut at which point I hear him deriding me in Thai to his fellow drivers as I walked away.

This is the state of things...minimize your exposure Thai males is the only solution.

Mai Ow?

Did he think you were a pussy?

No but he was a typical rude and frustrated Thai male, acting like an ass when he did not get what he wanted. And having worked in many Thai government schools in my day, Thais say "Mai Chai, Mai Chai" and "Mai Dai Mai Dai" all of the time so whatever the poster who objected to my smiling reply is thinking he is wrong.

Edited by tonray

Well, after 16 seconds in the Video the Farang hits the Thai man passing, discussion starts and on second 52 the English Lady hits the Thai man in the face.

That are the first hits made in the video.

Even the lady hits the man it is not an excuse for a mob to kick the daylight out of others.

I agree that this violence is absolute not done and the boys need to be tracked down by police and get punished.

But after looking several times I can not agree that the tourist where passive and just passing.

I haven't bothered to watch the vid but if you are right, stupid people!!!! Hitting Thais first only shows your loss of temper and allows/forces them to retaliate. And when they do, all hell breaks loose, whether they are drunk or Ya-Bar'ed up, or not. Also hitting them first causes them to loose face too, unless they get you back to salvage their lost pride..................... Difficult territory.

But kicking a woman in the head on the ground??? Do not think I making excuses for them or saying it was justified. The Thais may have been in the wrong to start with but striking first changed all the rules and probably escalated a situation that POSSIBLY could have been deflected.

I don't see the woman getting kicked, she was a one-puncher and down she went " like a tree in the forest.." ( Howard Cosell, Ali vs. Foreman)

For a moment one guy looked as if he were considering giving her foot kiss, but he didn't.

EDIT And am wrong, she is kicked brutally at 1:55 Well, thugs exist all over the world. These have been arrested and will be charged.

Edited by Moonsterk

Sadly this video has now gone mainstream UK and is all the papers including The Telegraph. The result of that will be that people will watch the video without studying it and will be outraged and Thailand will be further damned in the eyes of the UK population. Distribution of the video has not done anyone any good I'm afraid and doesn't accurately apportion blame for the incident, as far as UK Plc is concerned the fault will be solely Thailands and that is not right. .

No need for any study, 65 year old woman nearly kicked to death is enough for normal people.

She threw the first punch/slap so yes there is a need to study it and make your own unemotional decision as to who is at fault.

Well, after 16 seconds in the Video the Farang hits the Thai man passing, discussion starts and on second 52 the English Lady hits the Thai man in the face.

That are the first hits made in the video.

Even the lady hits the man it is not an excuse for a mob to kick the daylight out of others.

I agree that this violence is absolute not done and the boys need to be tracked down by police and get punished.

But after looking several times I can not agree that the tourist where passive and just passing.

I haven't bothered to watch the vid but if you are right, stupid people!!!! Hitting Thais first only shows your loss of temper and allows/forces them to retaliate. And when they do, all hell breaks loose, whether they are drunk or Ya-Bar'ed up, or not. Also hitting them first causes them to loose face too, unless they get you back to salvage their lost pride..................... Difficult territory.

But kicking a woman in the head on the ground??? Do not think I making excuses for them or saying it was justified. The Thais may have been in the wrong to start with but striking first changed all the rules and probably escalated a situation that POSSIBLY could have been deflected.

I don't see the woman getting kicked, she was a one-puncher and down she went " like a tree in the forest.." ( Howard Cosell, Ali vs. Foreman)

For a moment one guy looked as if he were considering giving her foot kiss, but he didn't.

She was kicked whilst on the ground, look at the video again or find a different version of it.

Many Thai males act aggressively out of frustration with the sad reality of their lives. Foreigners are an easy target. I was strolling past the Grand Palace last week and of course the 50 Tuk Tuk drivers all lined up sitting around doing nothing start with their touts. I smiled politely and simply said "Mai Chai, Mai Chai" ,,all while smiling. One of these cretins chases me down the street informing me how rude I am (yeah....what a crock) and I should say "Mai Ow" instead of "No. No". I was about to rail on him and advise him if he wants to make some money or get somewhere in life maybe sitting with 50 other Tuk Tuk drivers in the same place harassing tourists is not the best way to go. But smiled and kept my mouth shut at which point I hear him deriding me in Thai to his fellow drivers as I walked away.

This is the state of things...minimize your exposure Thai males is the only solution.

"Mai Chai" is "Not right". You were being rude.

Thai people should minimize their exposure to you, someone who thinks they know their language better than them.

It looks like the Brits started it, watch the video carefully, not that it condones the assault on the older woman. Thailand is generally safe and trouble will not come your way unless you are looking for it.

And if you don't like it here, don't come here or move out. Simple as that. Thais are probably getting sick of all of the arrogant foreigners prancing about thinking they're king-shit...

Edited by IsItFlab

Look closer 1:48-1:50 full force kick to the teeth when she's sitting up.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/british-family-attacked-in-hua-hin-thailand/news-story/18a5b6ab08e34c865dd121d1d83a6a35

Edited by BritManToo

After watching that video several times all I can think of is a bunch of stinking flea infested soi dogs. What a disgrace to civilized human beings are these low life scum. It is the most sicking display of hatred a person could think up. Real brave cowards, sucker punching an old man and woman, as you probably realize I am one pissed off Farang . All the posters on here should send this all over the world. I don't know how to do it but I'd like to send it to Bill O'Reily at Fox News .

Dude, it's that 'old man' who throws the first sucker punch.

Most likely they will get fined only 250 Baht each, since the ladyboys who knocked out a tourist in Pattaya were fined 500 Baht each, but they used a stone as weapon. The thugs in the video used "just" fists and feet...

How about a serious crackdown on foreigners who dare to walk around in Thailand? Perhaps hunt all foreigners in Thailand down for loitering? That would be a good start, no? sick.gif

Most likely not, actually.

This happened in Hua Hin, the King's residence and not in Pattaya!

In Hua Hin different rules apply, and you can take my word that these thugs will be severely punished and after the photo shoot almost surely already took a serious beating by the cops.

Trust me, I know some of the police very well and any crime against foreigners is treated very differently in Hua Hin compared to Samui, Phuket and Pattaya for example.

Even more so now since the Army took over the country...

Make them walk through Manchester City Centre on Derby day in Liverpool shirts and then we'd see how tough they are....

"What a nice Hooligan mentality some people here have."

What if a group of Germans Dutch, Americans, Australians, etc. accidentally wearing Manchester shirts on Derby day walk through Liverpool?

You have obviously never been to Liverpool, very friendly people, and a great sense of humour too.

It's already on msn.co.uk as a headline. So it will do untold damage to an already crumbling tourist industry, reap what you sow as a great man one said! For me it will be interesting to see what the embassy will say on this but I must admit this is one of the most pathetic attacks I've ever seen.

"Already crumbling tourist industry" I think not!for every Farang that decides against visiting or living in Thailand, many Chinese will take their place. Will these Chinese spend the same amount of money,not at the moment.

Look at it from the Thai angle. Thailand is the centre of the world,proven by the fact that every year more and more foreigners come here. Therefor why should they worry?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/british-family-attacked-in-hua-hin-thailand/news-story/18a5b6ab08e34c865dd121d1d83a6a35

You're right, I'm wrong, that was brutal. But the Brits started it, and the dark shirt with red took a bit of abuse before and walked away. it was her slapping the other guy that brought him back.

At 1:50 a Thai woman gets punched and knocked down when it looks as if she was trying to stop it from escalating.

Edited by Moonsterk

It is probably true that the number of poorly socialized/educated Thai males who feel socially alienated and disinfranchised is growing in Thailand.

Access to the internet, social and mass media has made people more aware of class distinctions between haves and have nots. With the Thai economy in stagnation and many people feeling they have no political voice, frustrations are growing. Some Thais probably do resent foreigners because of their wealth. Many Thais see this wealth, but benefit very little from it.

Videos of violent incidents such as gang assaults are circulated on U-tube, Facebook, and Thai news shows and subtly condition people about the acceptability of violent behavior.

Opportunities for social interaction between Thai males and foreigners are more limited (often due to greater educational and language barriers), hence the greater potential for Thai (and farang men!) to dehumanize one another.

To those who predict that they will go unpunished or only have to pay miniscule fines, I challenge you to cite what they base these predictions on. I believe that the main perpetrators of the attack will serve jail time.

Not for one moment trying to justify this barbaric and criminal act, just trying to shed some light on underlying socio-economic factors which might be at play.

Most likely they will get fined only 250 Baht each, since the ladyboys who knocked out a tourist in Pattaya were fined 500 Baht each, but they used a stone as weapon. The thugs in the video used "just" fists and feet...

How about a serious crackdown on foreigners who dare to walk around in Thailand? Perhaps hunt all foreigners in Thailand down for loitering? That would be a good start, no? sick.gif

This is not Pattaya and I think you will find that they get much more than a small fine.

First, that savage beating of one human being by others

Is absolutely disgusting and appalling ...no excuses can

Ever be made for this behavior....However, this is most

Likely less than 10% of the Thai's that act like this, the

majority, I have found to be humble hard working

Family oriented people, of course I don't associate with

Drunks or Druggies.

Seems like those, mostly Brits, doing all the Thai bashing,

Of EVERY THAI only know the "bad seeds". I suggest, if

Thailand and all the Thais are this horrible and you feel

So hated, return to the UK. You will no doubt, wind up in

One of the Ghetto Areas with much worse people than in

Thailand.....after all, the main reason you are here is because

You can't afford to live a decent life in the UK.

Edited by little mary sunshine

You're right, I'm wrong, that was brutal. the two main aggressors in dark shirts really seem to be just passer- bys who took the opportunity to behave atrociously and vent some aggression.

I think one of them is the companion of the guy who has the initial altercation with the younger farang - and the guy the older farang sucker punches.

Mai Ow?

No but he was a typical rude and frustrated Thai male, acting like an ass when he did not get what he wanted. And having worked in many Thai government schools in my day, Thais say "Mai Chai, Mai Chai" and "Mai Dai Mai Dai" all of the time so whatever the poster who objected to my smiling reply is thinking he is wrong.

Translations:

Mai Chai - Not Correct

Mai Dai - Not Good

Mai Ow - Don't Want

Polite way of saying no thank you - Mai, Krup. Leave out the Ow.

I read this in the Daily Mail this morning. So it is getting coverage.

It's in the Mirror and Express as well as the Telegraph.

Great job, guys,contributing to Thailand's falling tourist figures.

I hope they throw away the key, AFTER some physical 'attitude adjustment'.

First, that savage beating of one human being by others

Is absolutely disgusting and appalling ...no excuses can

Ever be made for this behavior....However, this is most

Likely less than 10% of the Thai's that act like this, the

majority, I have found to be humble hard working

Family oriented people, of course I don't associate with

Drunks or Druggies.

Seems like those, mostly Brits, doing all the Thai bashing,

Of EVERY THAI only know the "bad seeds". I suggest, if

Thailand and all the Thais are this horrible and you feel

So hated, return to the UK. You will no doubt, wind up in

One of the Ghetto Areas with much worse people than in

Thailand.....after all, the main reason you are here is because

You can't afford to live a decent life in the UK.

Exactly. All these Brit savages need to man up and stop running away from their life of crime/problems back in the UK. In fact, they should all be deported back to where they belong.

I wonder if the fact that this story has just hit the UK press is what has 'sprung' this 'manhunt into action several weeks after it went national in Thailand?

You think Thailand really cares what some small islands 5000 miles away print in their newspapers?

If it affects the tourism industry, those making money from it do care.

This small island that u refer to is one of the most powerful and respected countries in the world, so yes Thailand will care what is bein said by them.

That 'small island' would and could, eat Thailand for breakfast. All that would be left would be the burp.

How come it's taken so long for the video to be shown ?

That happened 2 weeks ago !

give the tourists time to go home and then case closed

after they've paid the overstay and hospital bill

Mai Ow?

Translations:

Mai Chai - Not Correct

Mai Dai - Not Good

Mai Ow - Don't Want

Polite way of saying no thank you - Mai, Krup. Leave out the Ow.

Just to chuck in my ten cents- Mai Dai would be "cannot" - Mai Dee would be "not good".

Mai Ow?

Context. All I'm saying is if you can't speak or understand Thai don't try, better English.

Edited by uptheos

Not sure I understand what happened.

Looked to me like at least 5 foreigners on the ground at one point.

Then two get up and leave, and three left lying on the ground.

Very strange.

A primitive and dangerous people when drunk or angry.

The Brits or the Thais?

Obviously don't like Brits with your smart ass comments against us all the time!

This is appalling.

Perpetrators are appalling.

Passive watchers are appalling.

Comments of many people here are appalling.

Why do you always have to raise the race card ?

Do you understand that every time you make generalizations about any race, it is RACISM, plain and simple.

Stop thinking in terms of race, them against us, etc... That is prehistoric tribal thinking, and that is exactly the root-cause of such conflicts.

We live in community on this planet, and we have rules, laws, so start thinking in terms of crime.

Whatever the reason, such violence is a crime, and the law should punish the criminals, full stop.

There is a vast majority of very nice thai people, but there are also thai scums.

There is a vast majority of very nice westerners, but there are also western scums.

We have different cultures, but we are all humans.

What is really appalling is the level of consciousness (or lack thereof) of the human race as a whole.

We cannot be called a civilization, as long as we treat each others (and animals, and nature) with such lack of respect.

Our fake "civilization" is based on technological gadgets, but a good portion of us still lack the basic awareness to be called a human.

It is always easy to see the fault in the other, but real integrity is to live up to our own responsibilities.

I feel sorry for the family, i feel sorry for mankind, and I feel sorry for everything that we destroy.

In the end, what we do to others, we do to ourselves.

This is what I have to say, and I will not answer replies to my post.

Peace.

Good post....