Police hunt thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin

I wonder if the fact that this story has just hit the UK press is what has 'sprung' this 'manhunt into action several weeks after it went national in Thailand?

You think Thailand really cares what some small islands 5000 miles away print in their newspapers?

If it affects the tourism industry, those making money from it do care.

This small island that u refer to is one of the most powerful and respected countries in the world, so yes Thailand will care what is bein said by them.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the fact that this story has just hit the UK press is what has 'sprung' this 'manhunt into action several weeks after it went national in Thailand?

You think Thailand really cares what some small islands 5000 miles away print in their newspapers?

If it affects the tourism industry, those making money from it do care.

This small island that u refer to is one of the most powerful and respected countries in the world, so yes Thailand will care what is bein said by them.

One of the most powerful and respected countries in the world? The UK?

Thanks for the laugh. This thread needed a bit of comic relief.

It's already on msn.co.uk as a headline. So it will do untold damage to an already crumbling tourist industry, reap what you sow as a great man one said! For me it will be interesting to see what the embassy will say on this but I must admit this is one of the most pathetic attacks I've ever seen.

If Hua Hin is this violent, every tourist should

Stay away from the area for the next couple

Of months....I was planning a trip there next

Month, I will not go now!!!

It never used to be, but I have noticed over the last few years it has become violent and particularly in the bar areas. This is just one of several attacks I have heard of and in fact one friend of mine, who is the nicest guy in the world, was beaten almost to death for no reason whatsoever. On all accounts it was just a gang of thugs who wanted to hurt a foreigner. He has only just recovered after nearly a year. I used to love going there, however, my trips there have dwindled to almost nothing and I certainly will not be going there any time soon. Most of the time you are lucky and it does not happen, but my conscience does not allow me to spend my hard earned money in a place where people who do this, rarely get anymore than a smack on the wrist or a fine. Any one of their kicks or punches could have killed those people, especially the elderly parents. Disgusting cowards.

Great way to boost tourism lads - well done.I

I'd always thought of Hua Hin as a peaceful place compared to the likes of Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui, but it looks like it's sliding downhill itself due to the actions of these cowardly beats.

What did the foreigners do wrong, anyway? Refuse to buy from some market tout?

After watching that video several times all I can think of is a bunch of stinking flea infested soi dogs. What a disgrace to civilized human beings are these low life scum. It is the most sicking display of hatred a person could think up. Real brave cowards, sucker punching an old man and woman, as you probably realize I am one pissed off Farang . All the posters on here should send this all over the world. I don't know how to do it but I'd like to send it to Bill O'Reily at Fox News .

Imagine the the reaction if a group of Thai tourists were beaten up like this in NZ, HK, Washington, New York, Liverpool or Yangon........................

Front page of the Post for sure and thousands of Thai social media comments.

It wouldn't happen though, that's the difference.

The national outrage would be off the scale.

Here we are just supposed to take it, thank you very much, and sorry we forgot to leave our wallets at the airport.

Where's Liverpool?

It is a city were you obviously do not want to go.

We should not take sides without knowing the facts.

The question is did the locals attacked the tourist family without a reason? the captured video does not provide the answer to this question.

Members in this forum always rush into bashing all of Thailand without knowing anything about the incident.

Not all tourists experience this violence, I have never seen any violence from any Thai person towards me and I have been coming to Thailand for many years.

Why them but not me?

Have the tourist family have done something crazy and very disrespectful to deserve this outcome?

We do not know.

Leave to the police to sort it out

There needs to be a better publicized sense of the underground sentiment/evidence of we all know anecdotally: Thais do not like farangs.

They never really have liked foreigners but it's getting worse, particularly amongst the lo-so.

If better surveys were to circulate to really document this apparent fact, perhaps authorities would be more proactive, violence less forthcoming in opportunity and cultural change may take place.

I say this but know that they just do not like us and nothing will change. More gutless assaults to come. That vision was disgusting but there will be some Thais rejoicing the event.

I don't think the fact that they were farangs had much to do with this at all.

Really now? Would they have beaten an elderly Thai woman to the ground then kick her face to knock her out?

And would have the bystanders have let that happen?

At the very end of the video is the final indignity as once explained by an Thai ex-girlfriend. A Thai person would/should never step over any part of a seated or sprawled body from my hazy recollections. At least one of the gang does this - perhaps as a final insult?

But regardless of the situation punching a guy from the flank is bad but hitting a woman and an old woman at that...Geez, very low.

Only applies to Buddhists, and their handbag if female, you might be stepping over their Buddha. Feet, head etc. Same reason why you are stopped walking over a Sukhumvit footbridge should certain motorcades be passing underneath.

So you are saying the thugs aren't Buddhists? Or they can treat everyone like crap if the other person is not Buddhist? These punks are anything but Buddhist. I home they re not well connected.

We should not take sides without knowing the facts.

The question is did the locals attacked the tourist family without a reason? the captured video does not provide the answer to this question.

Members in this forum always rush into bashing all of Thailand without knowing anything about the incident.

Not all tourists experience this violence, I have never seen any violence from any Thai person towards me and I have been coming to Thailand for many years.

Why them but not me?

Have the tourist family have done something crazy and very disrespectful to deserve this outcome?

We do not know.

Leave to the police to sort it out

Look at the woman slap the man at the 50 second mark and push on him, no doubt screeching in a hideous low class Brit accent, which is enough to start a fight. I do not think this merits her being full faced punched and knocked out , nor the kick-beating the men then got from what seemed to be several opportunists having a go at them, but she was hardly innocent.

Edited by Moonsterk

Many Thai males act aggressively out of frustration with the sad reality of their lives. Foreigners are an easy target. I was strolling past the Grand Palace last week and of course the 50 Tuk Tuk drivers all lined up sitting around doing nothing start with their touts. I smiled politely and simply said "Mai Chai, Mai Chai" ,,all while smiling. One of these cretins chases me down the street informing me how rude I am (yeah....what a crock) and I should say "Mai Ow" instead of "No. No". I was about to rail on him and advise him if he wants to make some money or get somewhere in life maybe sitting with 50 other Tuk Tuk drivers in the same place harassing tourists is not the best way to go. But smiled and kept my mouth shut at which point I hear him deriding me in Thai to his fellow drivers as I walked away.

This is the state of things...minimize your exposure Thai males is the only solution.

This is appalling.

Perpetrators are appalling.

Passive watchers are appalling.

Comments of many people here are appalling.

Why do you always have to raise the race card ?

Do you understand that every time you make generalizations about any race, it is RACISM, plain and simple.

Stop thinking in terms of race, them against us, etc... That is prehistoric tribal thinking, and that is exactly the root-cause of such conflicts.

We live in community on this planet, and we have rules, laws, so start thinking in terms of crime.

Whatever the reason, such violence is a crime, and the law should punish the criminals, full stop.

There is a vast majority of very nice thai people, but there are also thai scums.

There is a vast majority of very nice westerners, but there are also western scums.

We have different cultures, but we are all humans.

What is really appalling is the level of consciousness (or lack thereof) of the human race as a whole.

We cannot be called a civilization, as long as we treat each others (and animals, and nature) with such lack of respect.

Our fake "civilization" is based on technological gadgets, but a good portion of us still lack the basic awareness to be called a human.

It is always easy to see the fault in the other, but real integrity is to live up to our own responsibilities.

I feel sorry for the family, i feel sorry for mankind, and I feel sorry for everything that we destroy.

In the end, what we do to others, we do to ourselves.

This is what I have to say, and I will not answer replies to my post.

Peace.

I have to disagree with you. criticizing and having an opinion is not racism or racist speech. It is this that is going wrong with the world. Liberalism rubbish. I enjoy Thailand and in general feel Thai people are very nice but they do have a mob mentality and that is exactly what this video shows. Am I a racist, no. Opinionated yes.

Sadly this video has now gone mainstream UK and is all the papers including The Telegraph. The result of that will be that people will watch the video without studying it and will be outraged and Thailand will be further damned in the eyes of the UK population. Distribution of the video has not done anyone any good I'm afraid and doesn't accurately apportion blame for the incident, as far as UK Plc is concerned the fault will be solely Thailands and that is not right. .

Welcome to thailand land of gutless thugs.

And stupid tourists.... The woman clearly slaps and starts pushing on the man at the 50 second mark.

She started it- they finished it.

What a moronic comment. She (one) started it. They (more than one finished it) Exactly typical cowardice behavior to elderly pensioners. What tough men they are.

Educational.

Avoid confrontations whilst intoxicated with Thai people,

Really???

Well let me try to educate YOU a bit better then.

As a stable de facto resident of Thailand for a decade, i find i natural to take care of the environment where i live in, so, as my usual, one day i was cleaning up from all the rubbish trowed up from the thai and ONLY thai that live around here, from the foothpath fronting my property, i don't think this is unreasonable, well, the guy living on the other side of the road from me, which i never ever seen grabbing a brum even once, to even clean around his house, came to me and was sort of tense, he asked me what i was doing, and i said with a smile that i was cleaning the foothpath fronting my home (as that wasn't clear enough yet for this guy apparently), then he started telling me with an angry voice that "...this is Thailand!!! You are a farang and you CANNOT DO THAT!" , i that point i replied very calmly and try to let him understand that there was nothing wrong or bad in cleaning outside my home, as the rubbish with a little wind will end up just inside my property, but his loud reply attracted a crowd of people, around 10, one of which came slowly toward me and grabbed my wrists, at that point the angry one started punching me with such a force and repeatedly that the resulting wounds needed to be stitched up at an hospital, i did NOT react, not even verbally.

Just after the attack, i went straight to the local police station, all covered in blood to make a report, voluntarily did not clean up myself to make them take a better notice of what had just happened.

They make me wait for a while and none of the police officer was really interested, but they wrote down a report, then i went to the hospital, and after a doctor wrote down a report, i ask for a copy of it but they told me that i could not have it because a (mysterious) police officer had taken everything.

During the following few days i went repeatedly to that police station to complain because NOBODY was doing anything and my aggressor was just doing as his usual at his home (i could see everything as he just live opposite to me), i asked to see the officer in charge of the station, but NONE of the big officers was apparently willing to listen to me, only a lieutenat replied to me very annoyed that they already did everything and i should go away.....this is Thailand for you!

Another day i had an unknown person parking his shining pick up just on front of my vehicle's entrance, i gently asked if he could move it as i had no other entrance, he took his gun out, pointed to my face and pulled the trigger, but it was unloaded, then he asked his mate to give him some bullets, loaded the gun, and first pointed at point black against me again, then fired a bullet into my land just next to me........what to say? Sabai sabai.

I don't blame these people for their wild and violent actions, the real blame is for the institutions that by treating "farangs" as rubbish, are simply educating the rest of the people which is ok to do that and they are in fact encouraged to prove their greatness this way.

This story makes me seriously think hard about the choices I have. I hope for your sake things are now calm.

Many Thai males act aggressively out of frustration with the sad reality of their lives. Foreigners are an easy target. I was strolling past the Grand Palace last week and of course the 50 Tuk Tuk drivers all lined up sitting around doing nothing start with their touts. I smiled politely and simply said "Mai Chai, Mai Chai" ,,all while smiling. One of these cretins chases me down the street informing me how rude I am (yeah....what a crock) and I should say "Mai Ow" instead of "No. No". I was about to rail on him and advise him if he wants to make some money or get somewhere in life maybe sitting with 50 other Tuk Tuk drivers in the same place harassing tourists is not the best way to go. But smiled and kept my mouth shut at which point I hear him deriding me in Thai to his fellow drivers as I walked away.

This is the state of things...minimize your exposure Thai males is the only solution.

Try using pleasant English if you can't speak Thai, like "no thank you" instead of trying to be smart and trying to answer in rough Thai. No one who knows Thai language would answer the way you did, so I don't believe you overheard anything.

khothoot khrap

Welcome to thailand land of gutless thugs.

Iv seen many a gutless thug in USA, England, Australia and so on.. My mate was bashed senseless in London earlier this year.. So your welcome to Thailand comment is irrelevant !!

Your irrelevant...So it's ok for this kind of thing to happen in Thailand Because it happens in other Countries?

And where do you get your lies from, Yes it may happen but not on a daily basis pal Australia is the safest country in the world and I believe if this shit happened here

Those guys would be dealt with quick and smart especially if it happened to a foreigner ...... Your unreal mate.

Educational.

Really???

As a stable de facto resident of Thailand for a decade, i find i natural to take care of the environment where i live in, so, as my usual, one day i was cleaning up from all the rubbish trowed up from the thai and ONLY thai that live around here, from the foothpath fronting my property, i don't think this is unreasonable, well, the guy living on the other side of the road from me, which i never ever seen grabbing a brum even once, to even clean around his house, came to me and was sort of tense, he asked me what i was doing, and i said with a smile that i was cleaning the foothpath fronting my home (as that wasn't clear enough yet for this guy apparently), then he started telling me with an angry voice that "...this is Thailand!!! You are a farang and you CANNOT DO THAT!" , i that point i replied very calmly and try to let him understand that there was nothing wrong or bad in cleaning outside my home, as the rubbish with a little wind will end up just inside my property, but his loud reply attracted a crowd of people, around 10, one of which came slowly toward me and grabbed my wrists, at that point the angry one started punching me with such a force and repeatedly that the resulting wounds needed to be stitched up at an hospital, i did NOT react, not even verbally.

Just after the attack, i went straight to the local police station, all covered in blood to make a report, voluntarily did not clean up myself to make them take a better notice of what had just happened.

They make me wait for a while and none of the police officer was really interested, but they wrote down a report, then i went to the hospital, and after a doctor wrote down a report, i ask for a copy of it but they told me that i could not have it because a (mysterious) police officer had taken everything.

During the following few days i went repeatedly to that police station to complain because NOBODY was doing anything and my aggressor was just doing as his usual at his home (i could see everything as he just live opposite to me), i asked to see the officer in charge of the station, but NONE of the big officers was apparently willing to listen to me, only a lieutenat replied to me very annoyed that they already did everything and i should go away.....this is Thailand for you!

Another day i had an unknown person parking his shining pick up just on front of my vehicle's entrance, i gently asked if he could move it as i had no other entrance, he took his gun out, pointed to my face and pulled the trigger, but it was unloaded, then he asked his mate to give him some bullets, loaded the gun, and first pointed at point black against me again, then fired a bullet into my land just next to me........what to say? Sabai sabai.

I don't blame these people for their wild and violent actions, the real blame is for the institutions that by treating "farangs" as rubbish, are simply educating the rest of the people which is ok to do that and they are in fact encouraged to prove their greatness this way.

Come on.... a Thai with an unloaded gun? <deleted>.

Try using pleasant English if you can't speak Thai, like "no thank you" instead of trying to be smart and trying to answer in rough Thai. No one who knows Thai language would answer the way you did, so I don't believe you overheard anything.

khothoot khrap

Couldn't care any less about what you believe mate.

Educational.

Really???

That is one of the most messed up personal accounts I've read on here so far! The pulling trigger in your face part was bad enough, but he actually loaded it and took a shot on your land after?? What was your crime? Being a foreigner?

Hopefully you've moved out.

Well, after 16 seconds in the Video the Farang hits the Thai man passing, discussion starts and on second 52 the English Lady hits the Thai man in the face.

That are the first hits made in the video.

Even the lady hits the man it is not an excuse for a mob to kick the daylight out of others.

I agree that this violence is absolute not done and the boys need to be tracked down by police and get punished.

But after looking several times I can not agree that the tourist where passive and just passing.

I haven't bothered to watch the vid but if you are right, stupid people!!!! Hitting Thais first only shows your loss of temper and allows/forces them to retaliate. And when they do, all hell breaks loose, whether they are drunk or Ya-Bar'ed up, or not. Also hitting them first causes them to loose face too, unless they get you back to salvage their lost pride..................... Difficult territory.

But kicking a woman in the head on the ground??? Do not think I making excuses for them or saying it was justified. The Thais may have been in the wrong to start with but striking first changed all the rules and probably escalated a situation that POSSIBLY could have been deflected.

Mai Ow?

Did he think you were a pussy?