Police hunt thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin

The thugs don't look too happy there.

Maybe they're more afraid one of the tired, lonely old 'Victim blaming/Brit knocking racist trolls' like 'Little Mary' and 'B(L)ubba' defending them on this thread are going to adopt them.....

Thailand should ban this British family for life.. Just to state the fact this family started this "now" international incident.

What are you blithering about? If you are going to try and troll the forum, at least do it sounding less retarded with a 'fact' or two....

Look at the entire clip!

Not just the part when your dream woman was knocked out..

About 50 secs in, I see a female tourist hitting a Thai man, then proceed to struggle with him.

When will tourist learn, not to act like idiots?

Male or female, if you hit someone in anger, be prepared to get hit back. That's what happens, especially if you take the first swing!!

Try living in the world of reality and not that fantasy world you live in.

Let's just hope, these 3 tourist with anger problems, learned a valuable lesson.

Don't start fights! And stay down when knocked down..

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please share that video to all British tabloids if possible....the world needs to see what can happen here.

Well what can you say? Maybe the first time they are in Thailand and do not know the Thai culture. The British tourists start the incident and now they pretend to be innocent, maybe they thought it is the same as in the UK. What they have failed to understand is not to get involved in an argument with Thais. The guy in black pushes a Thai man in the passing by with his hand and he react back by pushing the farang. Obviously the farang, is not to sober, therefore loses his balance and knock his head. The women get involved in an argument with the Thaiman and slap him in the face. Now my question is who started this argument? The Thais or the British tourists? IN the eyes of foreigners, tourists can do whatever they want to do and get away with it. It is time that foreigners respect the country they visit and its people.

The mob that got involved in the attack on the tourist has nothing to do with this argument and should be taught a lesson by the authorities and not just a slap on the hand and 200 THB fine. It is a total disgrace the behavior of the young thugs. They have no respect for themselves neither the country they live in.

Now for the people who have all negative comments on this blog about Thailand and that it must be shared worldwide how bad Thailand is. Why are you in Thailand and why are you spending all your hard earned savings in such a bad country. Why not stay home and enjoy your money in your own country then you will not sit with the misbehavior of Thais.

Yes i think the Elderly woman was on -Auto pilot... maybe in OL england .. she can Bad mouth a man ... bcos she has the law and other man backup all around her .. unfortunately .. she is not in her beloved country .... Big lesson... thai men dont care ....

The prior poster has hit the nail on the head. The ladies slap is what caused the situation to escalate out of control. However, the Thais who punched and kicked over reacted and should be held accountable. Had this happened in the West, the lady and here son would have been charged with assault and the Thais for a violent assault. Whether all of them would be jailed is unknown but they would all have criminal records. What the outcome will be here in Thailand will most likely depend on how much analysis goes into viewing the clip and how much Thailand wants to protect its tourist industry. Frankly, In my opinion all of them should be fined and given jail sentences, most likely suspended. The Thais should be given community service and educated about alcohol abuse.

+1

Best comment so far

what happend,

a drunken man, standing in front of a "meeting point"-shop, where a group of young teenagers are sitting with nearly no drinks.

This drunken man had a problem with a man with a black T-shirt.

The man with the black T-shirt went away, but the british family came into the street,

the son was wearing a black T-shirt too, and blocked the drunken man with is left arm,

and was knocked down, (from the back. !)

After a dispute, part of the teenage-(gang ?) gave support to the drunken man,

and was starting to beat the british family, as well as their supporters.

what is the important point of this case ???

WE HAVE A VIDEO !!!

we know from hua hin message boards from many problems between teenage gangs and expats and tourists,

but this time,

we have a video,

you can`t say, its bullsh**, that the british family is part of the agression,

a mother is trying to support her son, and is loosing her teeth.

Imagine the the reaction if a group of Thai tourists were beaten up like this in NZ, HK, Washington, New York, Liverpool or Yangon........................

Front page of the Post for sure and thousands of Thai social media comments.

It wouldn't happen though, that's the difference.

The national outrage would be off the scale.

Here we are just supposed to take it, thank you very much, and sorry we forgot to leave our wallets at the airport.

I read a big report about it on the Bangkok Post online edition.

The prior poster has hit the nail on the head. The ladies slap is what caused the situation to escalate out of control. However, the Thais who punched and kicked over reacted and should be held accountable. Had this happened in the West, the lady and here son would have been charged with assault and the Thais for a violent assault. Whether all of them would be jailed is unknown but they would all have criminal records. What the outcome will be here in Thailand will most likely depend on how much analysis goes into viewing the clip and how much Thailand wants to protect its tourist industry. Frankly, In my opinion all of them should be fined and given jail sentences, most likely suspended. The Thais should be given community service and educated about alcohol abuse.

There is no doubt that alcohol played a big part in this situation. Since the bars were just letting out, I would venture to say all the participants had a few too many drinks and were not in control of there actions. Songkran has taken on a very ugly feel within the last 10 years. It should only be for 3 days but now lasts up to 10 in some areas There should have been a huge police presence in that area at that time. The police did not do their job that night because they were nowhere to be found. Had they been there, they may have been able to defuse the situation. They need to be taken to task for this. In addition, foreign embassies need to publish information regarding the do's and dont's for a country so their citizens can be made aware of the facts of life.

I do not believe most Thais hate or even dislike foreigners. However, their is 'foreigner fatigue'. There are too many foreigners coming into Thailand at certain times and the country cannot handle the differences in culture. Thais used to think that all foreigners, especially 'farangs' were highly educated; polite; and represented a superior lifestyle. What they mostly see now are 2 week millionaires who come for prostitution and drunken debauchery. Some of the behavior of our citizens is abhorrent. Now Thais look at us and wonder- what type of person are we- they have lost respect for us . On the other hand Thai society has denigrated into a me only society where manners are not existent and youth act out due to a lack of guidance from anyone. Parents, schools, temples and the government are all responsible for this. I could also say this about our own countries. I can't imagine a situation where my grandfather and grandmother would even consider slapping or pushing anyone in a foreign country or in their own country. There is way too much violence ingrained into every society and way to much emphasis placed on freedom without and responsibility.

This incident should be widely published in a truthful manner so both the West and Thailand can learn something from this incident and everyone look at themselves in the mirror.

"The Thais should get Community service"

Without doubt the most stupidest idiotic comment I have ever read on Thai Visa and there are a lot of contenders

If you knew anything about this incident you would know the the Thai men responsible were overheard planning to attack random farangs seconds before this incident happened, the Brit family were in the wrong place at the wrong time, simple as that

I didn't read the rest of your post by the way, there is only so much stupidity a person can take in a day

we know from hua hin message boards from many problems between teenage gangs and expats and tourists,

but this time,

Youngest attackers in their 20s, two arrested aged 32.

Where are the teenagers?

when the teenage gang members left the bar, to start the fight,

they closed the front roller, because the know about the punsh up demand from the boss inside.

As they say in America ..

"You got knocked the <deleted> out!"

Seriously though. Keep your mouth shut if you're a foreigner. You are on their turf. Run if you need too. Just get into a safe area. The minute you fight one thai, you're taking on 10. They come in packs.

what happend,

a drunken man, standing in front of a "meeting point"-shop, where a group of young teenagers are sitting with nearly no drinks.

This drunken man had a problem with a man with a black T-shirt.

The man with the black T-shirt went away, but the british family came into the street,

the son was wearing a black T-shirt too, and blocked the drunken man with is left arm,

and was knocked down, (from the back. !)

After a dispute, part of the teenage-(gang ?) gave support to the drunken man,

and was starting to beat the british family, as well as their supporters.

what is the important point of this case ???

WE HAVE A VIDEO !!!

but this time,

we have a video,

you can`t say, its bullsh**, that the british family is part of the agression,

a mother is trying to support her son, and is loosing her teeth.

"we know from hua hin message boards from many problems between teenage gangs and expats and tourists,

but this time,"

The vast majority of posters on the Hua Hin Message boards are Thaibashers and the locals are starting ti wise up to them.

What a pity. I was there that evening and remarked to friends about what a fantastic atmosphere there was. After 11 years of Songkrans, I have never seen such an influx of young men all in one place and most were very polite dabbing powder on my face. Bintabaht and surrounds was bursting to the seams.

It is easy to get paranoid about attacks like this but I don't know of any other incidents that night and would still rather be here than among the feral youths from sink estates, in the UK. I could not imagine British yobs being as friendly.

Maybe these people did not know but it pays to repeat it. NEVER EVER get involved in an argument with a Thai. There are no Marquis of Queensbury rules and there is no such thing as a fair fight.

I bet it made them Brits feel quite at home.

Some of the comments on this board are <deleted> disgusting. The way so many of you always rush to the defense of everything Thai no matter what. I don't care who started it. Those pieces of scum were repeatedly kicking and stomping on the heads of those people after they were unconscious. No real man does such a thing. A knock out is a clear win in a fight. However, this was not even a fight! It was a group of young men savagely beating a man in his 40s and two elderly people. Typical of so many feminized Thai men.......I hope they are raped and killed in prison.

Some of the comments on this board are <deleted> disgusting. The way so many of you always rush to the defense of everything Thai no matter what. I don't care who started it. Those pieces of scum were repeatedly kicking and stomping on the heads of those people after they were unconscious. No real man does such a thing. A knock out is a clear win in a fight. However, this was not even a fight! It was a group of young men savagely beating a man in his 40s and two elderly people. Typical of so many feminized Thai men.......I hope they are raped and killed in prison.

So? What's the issue again?

so, who is the woman at the left of this photo,

the house owner of the bar ?

and she gave the information to the police, that these are the persons, the police is looking for ???

the teenage gang members are just soldiers, to do, what they should do,

the guys, who wanted to go to prison, are also just doing their job, to confess, what they didn`t do, but it doesn`t matter,

cause the woman in the yellow shirt might be the godfather of everything,

and she is paying for the party.

Yep...Yes Sir...Thai men and young Thai boys just itching for a fight.

I believe I can correctly surmise, 99.99 % certain , there was copious amounts of alcohol involved while the altercation would not have happened had there been no alcohol involved.

You can see the fight truly started when the Thai man in the Black T Shirt, with the red color front, circled all the way around and sucker punched the father, who was actually standing back a slight distance and not touching anyone at the time.....hmmmmm...&lt;deleted&gt;.

This sort of dumb stuff goes on all over the world amongst all the bar flies and party hardy drinking crowd while the Brits themselves are well known for drunken brawls and a good knock em down drag em out bar fight...Wah Hoo

Meantime ..Round up those perps and make them serve some time in jail for assault.....if anything.

Cheers

Well, after 16 seconds in the Video the Farang hits the Thai man passing, discussion starts and on second 52 the English Lady hits the Thai man in the face.

That are the first hits made in the video.

I've watched this shocking video several times and I hadn't noticed the shove done by the son to some random Thai passerby or the slap the mother gives the same Thai bloke.

Looks like the son got wound up by something and lashed out at random at someone who got in his way walking past. He rightly gets a shove back from the Thai and falls on his arse and smacks his head on the ground. Mum gets upset and gets in the Thai's face about it, doesn't receive the contrite apology she feels she deserves and slaps him. Then it escalates out of all proportion to the original incident.

It doesn't excuse the utterly brutal beating the family received but I've always been warned and I thought it was common knowledge, when in Thailand don't get into any aggro with locals, you will get hurt. Try to just smile and walk away quickly. I wouldn't dare slap a Thai's face, I don't have a death wish.

Perhaps a case of white westerners thinking they can push little non-Caucasian foreigners around with impunity...?

Hope the family recover quickly and fully from their injuries and that those that perpetrated the extreme violence witnessed at the end are punished severely. The family made a mistake to get physical with Thai's but they never deserved that horrendous beating.

The vicious attack was uncalled for but look at it from Thai perspective.

All too often farang drunk or otherwise, treat Thais with disdain and openly disrespect them by intentionally bumping into people or pushing them out of the way like the Brit in the video did.

If a certain type of visitor to your country often repeated such a pattern of behavior, there would be pent up anger and hostility as well.

Let's not forget how common it for Brits to be even more violent toward each other over a football match so let's quit demonizing Thais.

I must be living in a different Thailand,as I have never in 27 yrs seen Farangs drunk or not intentionally bumping into Thais.

Yep...Yes Sir...Thai men and young Thai boys just itching for a fight.

I believe I can correctly surmise, 99.99 % certain , there was copious amounts of alcohol involved while the altercation would not have happened had there been no alcohol involved.

You can see the fight truly started when the Thai man in the Black T Shirt, with the red color front, circled all the way around and sucker punched the father, who was actually standing back a slight distance and not touching anyone at the time.....hmmmmm...<deleted>.

This sort of dumb stuff goes on all over the world amongst all the bar flies and party hardy drinking crowd while the Brits themselves are well known for drunken brawls and a good knock em down drag em out bar fight...Wah Hoo

Meantime ..Round up those perps and make them serve some time in jail for assault.....if anything.

Cheers

In a country under military control with 90,000 police on alert over Songkran. A terrorist alert during the festival with the country on high alert. With 400,000 soldiers recently given police powers to arrest. With all the negative media of the Koh Tao murders. How did this happen. Old pensioners trashed like this. <deleted> disgrace in Hua Hin , Hua Hin not Pattaya or Patpong, seaside quite town with you know who living there.

Yes this is the worst press this year for Thailand. Tourist numbers will drop drastically. Look at the news. This story is all over the world. Google search, more stories on this than the coup d'etat. Bad day for Thailand.

The family were walking along the street, the drunk Thai was going to walk across there path and collide with them if not stopped, just like Thais pull out into the main road, he simply put his arm out to stop that,

You need to watch the video in full screen several times to see what happened, what I see is:

Two intoxicated males arguing with each other, both unsteady on their feet.

A farang wearing a black cap and holding a womans hand walk in the opposite direction, one of the drunken Thai men make (accidental?) light bodily contact with his man - he staggered a little and wasn't watching where he was going.

The Thai man took the contact as deliberate and turned after the man, he then pushed him but not hard.

But the farang in the black cap lost his footing and fell heavily against the step and lay there for a moment.

That was the start of the whole thing, innocent bodily contact misinterpreted and fuelled, I guess, by alcohol.

But then the action starts as the foreigners and the Thai's start to talk and then argue, the result pretty quickly is that the female foreigner slaps the Thai mans face and moments later, a white male in the group punches one of the Thai's.

It's game over at that point as the Thai men have lost face and want revenge, the details don't need to be discussed again.

What would you have done? I would have got the group to walk away after picking up the man who fell heavily, if it was me who had fallen I would have picked myself up and walked away, trying to argue and chastise the Thai's in their condition, at that time of night, in that location, was a non-starter - slapping the guys face in public had a highly predictable outcome.

True but no need for the barbaric attack on this family that could easily resulted in a death. I could not have stood by and watch this happen . There must have been enough people to have intervened

Archived