Popular cop dies in uniform in taxi collision in Pathum Thani

webfact

Popular cop dies in uniform in taxi collision in Pathum Thani

ccop.jpg

BANGKOK:-- A well known Pathum Thani policeman was killed Wednesday evening after a collision with a taxi.

Police called to the scene near the Santisuk intersection in downtown Pathum north of Bangkok, found 54 year old officer Phirapon Sirikamhorm dead by the side of the road, reports Thairath.

Found in uniform, Phirapon was a senior policeman attached to the Klong 5 station who was affectionately known as "Muat Ling" by local subordinates.

His black Honda bike was found overturned and a black helmet was under the wheels of a taxi driven by Decha Wanprasert, 61. Decha told police that he was taking a passenger from Rangsit to the Pathum Thani Hospital when he crossed the bridge over the intersection. Some way ahead he saw the policeman stopped on the left. Suddenly the cop turned into the path of the taxi who was unable to stop.

The taxi driver's story was confirmed at the scene by a man and a woman who were riding a motorcycle just behind. Police found ten metre long braking marks made by the taxi as it tried to stop.

Police said that further statements would be taken of all concerned as they seek a just outcome in the tragic accident that occurred outside the technical offices of the Insri cement company.

"Muat Ling" had wide ranging responsibilities looking after police operations in the Pathum Thani area.

Source: Thairath.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-28

RIP the officer.

It sounds like a tragic accident. Even so, this statement "Police said that further statements would be taken of all concerned as they seek a just outcome in the tragic accident" is ambiguous.

The headline says he was a "popular cop" and the text says, "Found in uniform, Phirapon was a senior policeman attached to the Klong 5 station who was affectionately known as "Muat Ling" by local subordinates."
No doubt he will be sadly missed by family, friends and subordinates, and I hope he will be remembered by the local citizens for better reasons than the one you have cited.

Same thing happened near my house recently. Motorcyclist turned without looking, result was the passenger dead and the driver lost a leg after a pickup ran into them. For what! Because he couldn't be bothered to check behind before making the turn across the road. I really cannot understand the mentality of people on the road here. Zero common sense.

Same thing happened near my house recently. Motorcyclist turned without looking, result was the passenger dead and the driver lost a leg after a pickup ran into them. For what! Because he couldn't be bothered to check behind before making the turn across the road. I really cannot understand the mentality of people on the road here. Zero common sense.

It isn't the mentality of the Thai but the IQ with an average of 82.

In Europe having an IQ of 82, means you're a retard and they'll lock you up because you're a danger to yourself and the community !!!