Proof of residence

djw238

If you have a blue book you can make a yellow book (Tabien Baan) which is basically a proof of residence. Not that easy to do. Better do it another easier way. Google will provide you many topics on how to get a proof of residence. This forum also has numerous threads on this.

Edited by Nickymaster

If the blue book does not have your name in it how does it prove you own/live there ?

That's what I would like to know too. I was j told you could use a blue book, instead of going to immigration to get a residence permit. will using a work permit as residence save me the trip to immigration? Cheers.

If the blue book does not have your name in it how does it prove you own/live there ?

That's what I would like to know too. I was j told you could use a blue book, instead of going to immigration to get a residence permit. will using a work permit as residence save me the trip to immigration? Cheers.

Who told you that? If it was a Thai, that Thai was probably thinking your name was in the blue book because that's how it works for "Thais", but you are not a Thai citizen so your name does not appear in the blue book.

blue book cannot use,

yellow book, residence certificate or work permit only

And to gum up the works even more , some Land Transport Offices will not even accept a Yellow Book (Pattaya specifically) but I have never read here a TV any LTO not accepting a work permit in lieu of a Residence Certificate issued by Immigration or your Embassy

blue book cannot use,

And to gum up the works even more , some Land Transport Offices will not even accept a Yellow Book (Pattaya specifically) but I have never read here a TV any LTO not accepting a work permit in lieu of a Residence Certificate issued by Immigration or your Embassy

Pattaya accepts yellow book no problem, I have bought and sold numerous vehicles over the last 6 months using yellow book

blue book cannot use,

Pattaya accepts yellow book no problem, I have bought and sold numerous vehicles over the last 6 months using yellow book

Contentious issue, some people have been able to use it at Pattaya LTO, others have not. Do a TV SEARCH : Yellow Book + Pattaya LTO

Similar to those who have had to pay Customs to import their household goods and those who have gotten thru for free or a minimal charge

The one thing I have learned after 10 years here, nothing is the same for everyone