Transferring money from Thai bank account to Paypal ?

I would like to be able to transfer money from my paypal registered Thai bank account to my Thai based paypal account, unfortunately, I can se no way to do this.

Is it possible to transfer money, top up a paypal account from a Thai bank account?

Thanks for any assist.

Though I haven't tried it, I'm sure I would be able to top up my PayPal account using the "electronic Visa" I can get through Kasikorn's internet banking. It works for all other online purchases, so I can't imagine it not working with PayPal.

Though I haven't tried it, I'm sure I would be able to top up my PayPal account using the "electronic Visa" I can get through Kasikorn's internet banking. It works for all other online purchases, so I can't imagine it not working with PayPal.

Thai Paypal is set up such that when you make a payment or send money it takes the money form your credit or debit card account.

If you receive money you can send the money to any bank account that you have linked to the account.

I will add, I bank with Bangkok Bank. As far as I can see, no electronic visa card. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just so we are clear, I want to send money from my bank account to my paypal.

I have Paypal set up with a Bangkok Bank Visa debit card. See: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Be1stVisaDebitCard/Be1stCard/Pages/default.aspx

From Paypal help.

How do I Top Up my PayPal account?

Sorry, the option to Top Up is currently unavailable for Thailand. However, you can send payments using a debit or credit card linked to your PayPal account.

See how to add a card to your PayPal account.

How do I add a debit or credit card to my account?

For a Credit Card – You can add a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card from all banks in Thailand to your PayPal account.

For a Debit Card – You can only add a debit card with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo from Bangkok Bank, Krungthai Bank, and Kasikorn Bank to your PayPal account.

Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
  3. Click Link a card under "Credit cards".
  4. Enter your information.
  5. Click Save.
Note: When you add a card, you may be notified of a 1 USD charge to your card. The charge on your card is temporary to confirm if your card is ready to use with PayPal. It usually takes a few minutes to receive the refund back to your card but it can take up to 30 days depending on your card issuer.

The only way funds can be added to your account is by somebody sending you money.

• 1 year later...

I am not sure, this worked in the past, but currently if your paypal account is from Europe, you are not allowed to add a credit card from Thailand, because the invoice address from your home does not match the address from your credit card and you cannot add a Thai address, only additional addresses within your home country are allowed (they simply removed the country field, so all addresses are automatically added as your home country).