Police not behind video attack leak - incident a "nightmare" for the country, says PM office

Does any 1 please have the link for the lao girl getting a kicking??trying 2 explain it 2 my thai gf..but she laughs???just wanna show her..thanks!!!!

Here you go:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/913643-thai-gang-attack-on-laotian-gik-graphic-violence-caught-on-tape/?utm_source=newsletter-20160429-1356&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In most countries people are losing their homes, their families, their jobs, their investments, and their savings. In the middle east and parts of Africa the cites have been decimated from war with billions dead and severely injured. Their city's entire infrastructure is gone. Puerto Rico just announced they're bankrupt. Venezuela is so poor they can't afford to print their own currency and many are starving.

Mean while in Thailand the spoiled expats and tourists complain about bar hours, pick pockets, aggressive want to be ladies, and drunks fighting. Many people are so negative they have no idea how good they have it until they lose everything!

Stop complaining and appreciate what you have here now.

Still can't get past the Thai news on the TV today - a poor Thai that was involved in a road rage incident and had his throat slashed - followed by the two that were recently arrested for almost killing the Brit pensioners.

The different ways Thais have reacted to this is v telling and interesting.

Edit - This is how we learn those that actually like us, and those that are tolerating us -but pretend they like us for money.

All crime of this nature should be videodand sent to the papers,its the only way they seem to listen,normally if someone was caught in an instance like this it would be 300 or 500 baht fine and dont do it again.As stated in many cases before,the punishment does not fit the crime,by a long chalk.Matters not how the papers got the story,its done and lets hope it is the start of something good.

I totally agree that the Thai Government officials should use this incident and speak out forcibly that this type of behavior against anyone including Thai on Thai will not be tolerated and order the police to stop it and prosecute offenders. There is a huge problem with domestic violence in Thailand and there should be educational infomercials showing that any type of physical abuse will not be tolerated. Frankly, the PM should ban the sale of off premises alcohol during Songkran. There also needs to be a police presence in entertainment areas especially during a holiday. Police should not be off celebrating the holiday but all should be working.

It will take years to change the Thai attitude towards violence. It will take a concentrated effort by families; the police; schools; temples and the government to make people understand it will not be tolerated and has consequences. The poster who indicated that one has to live in Thailand to really understand how Thai people think and interact is absolutely correct.

Tourists should be given a brochure by Thai embassies and Consulates on Do's and Dont's in Thailand and it should be written by a foreigner.

Excellent post. Education is the key.

Except Thaidream has changed his tune. Previously he was blaming the tourists.

Not so- I was not putting the majority of blame on the tourists. I was pointing out that the tourists struck a person's face and in essence escalated the incident. A complete picture of what happened and how it happened is how people on both sides learn how to handle confrontation. Most of the media have not presented the complete picture.They have edited the clip to their own ends.Let everyone see the full clip and make up their own minds and have a reasonable discussion on the incident without rancor.

I have always stated that the Thais were way over the top and created the equivalent of felony assault and should be punished accordingly. Striking a person with a full face punch and then kicking them when they are down is not reasonable force and should be shown to the Thai public as how not to settle a confrontation. In addition, tourists need to understand how to handle a confrontation in Thailand with Thai citizens. Wherever possible, leave the scene without any pointing of fingers; raising one's voice or striking anyone.

Sucker Punched to the face and kicked in the head. These men were itching for a fight and happy to let loose when opportunity presented itself. It's like a pressure-cooker about to burst and they choose for it to burst when they saw this opportunity.

Which means that in the core, these people are bad people.

By no means is this representative of all Thai people. Not at all. Many Thai men, when drunk, just start doing some really bad Issan dancing :P Much preferable behavior :)

What I would like to know is, given these bouts of violence tend to occur in the same types of places (wherever there is a bar), why not just have police men patrolling all the streets that have bars on them. Should help.

'Mom Luang Panatda Ditsakul of the prime minister's office ... described the incident as a "nightmare" for the image of the country ...' Well, LoS has had more than a few of those over recent years, but I imagine the incident of most concern to the government was the footage of the attack hitting the social media circus. Try as they might, they can't control remote media's influence on the international stage, so I suppose they'll have to now bite the bullet and start to seriously address tourist safety ... and scams.

A nightmare for the country,.....how about for all the fearful tourists and expats who live here waiting for their own kick to the head ?

As long as you don't escalate stuff like they did the risks are not that high. The old lady hit a guy in his face before it all started and then her hubby helped her. Just because her son shoved a Thai and got shoved back.

They certainly did not help their case.. yes the violence in response was over the top and should be punished.. but they were certainly not innocent.

I said it before and I say it again, you, me and no one else but the people involved and within hearing distance knows what transpired for the woman to slap the first guy in the face.

If you believe she did it without reason, up to you my friend.

There's NO excuse whatever transpired before or after the slap, to hit a Woman of any age or race and then kick her in the face, DON'T make up any excuses because there are NONE.

On the same token you do believe the guys start the violence for nothing.. but the lady would not slap the guy for nothing.. BIAS anyone ?

The way i see it.. her son shoved a Thai.. Thai shoved back.. lady slapped because her son got shoved.. and then it all started.

I don't excuse the violence and it should be punished.. but the tourists were the ones who started it.

Would you feel the same if the beaten lady was your , mother, sister or wife? If someone bumps into me can I shoot them dead because "they started it"? You have been here too long

Not so- I was not putting the majority of blame on the tourists. I was pointing out that the tourists struck a person's face and in essence escalated the incident. A complete picture of what happened and how it happened is how people on both sides learn how to handle confrontation. Most of the media have not presented the complete picture.They have edited the clip to their own ends.Let everyone see the full clip and make up their own minds and have a reasonable discussion on the incident without rancor.

I have always stated that the Thais were way over the top and created the equivalent of felony assault and should be punished accordingly. Striking a person with a full face punch and then kicking them when they are down is not reasonable force and should be shown to the Thai public as how not to settle a confrontation. In addition, tourists need to understand how to handle a confrontation in Thailand with Thai citizens. Wherever possible, leave the scene without any pointing of fingers; raising one's voice or striking anyone.

So you now consider kicking the tourists in the head (when they were all ready unconscious or close to unconscious) a felony? Good to hear rather than the 'the tourists were to blame' we've been hearing previously from you.

Does GBH or attempted murder sound a reasonable charge?

You're confusing those of us who live here (and know better than ever to cause a Thai to lose face), with tourists - who think all Thais are lovely and consequently it would never cross their mind that they would be kicked in the head when already down on the ground.

But apologies, I'm digressing again. The OAPs gave evidence today, so we should hear about sentencing for the vicious thugs v soon.

A nightmare for the country,.....how about for all the fearful tourists and expats who live here waiting for their own kick to the head ?

I think some of us have already had it. If all this information floating around out there is true about new forms asking our most personal information and other immigration problems which have been well covered here well to me that is a kick in the head.

I would have liked to read a comment like this from Thai officialdom:

We are very sorry for the people who suffered that cruelty in our country.

We are sincerely doing our best to prevent anything like happening to our valued guests in the future.

And we shall take care for compensation and for a just sentencíng of the criminals

Hold out one hand for the things you like and the other hand for shit; see which hand gets full first.

As long as you don't escalate stuff like they did the risks are not that high. The old lady hit a guy in his face before it all started and then her hubby helped her. Just because her son shoved a Thai and got shoved back.

They certainly did not help their case.. yes the violence in response was over the top and should be punished.. but they were certainly not innocent.

I said it before and I say it again, you, me and no one else but the people involved and within hearing distance knows what transpired for the woman to slap the first guy in the face.

If you believe she did it without reason, up to you my friend.

There's NO excuse whatever transpired before or after the slap, to hit a Woman of any age or race and then kick her in the face, DON'T make up any excuses because there are NONE.

We know he did not hit her and that would be the only reason to do so. If he called her a cheap whore...still not a legal justification for slapping someone in the street. Don't justify bad behavior just because she is an old lady.

I have NEVER condoned or justified the old lady for her slap, but it wasn't the guy she slapped that knocked her out.

Even so, personally, I would NEVER hit a woman if she slapped my face, it's so way beneath me, I was and is very impressed that the big guy could hold his temper, but that's the only Thai person I've heard of or have seen doing that, so he's got my admiration for not acting upon getting slapped, but what I don't know is what's being said between them, maybe I'm a bit naive when I believe that an 68 old lady wouldn't slap him because he said, your son is a sob to get in my way.

Don't you too believe it was a bit more than that?

And I 'm sure, the slapped Thai guy spoke in a proper Oxford English to the "lady"

Maybe i'm wrong and the "lady" is well educated and spoke in Thai ?

Rosemary please go back to Wales ASAP - you're a really bad example of loutish behaviour and remind me of one of those horrid football fans we have that follow the England football team in Europe and give us a bad name. The bottom line is you don't go to foreign countries and start slapping people around the face telling them how it is. Please just leave.

Wow ...apparently the UK Daily Mail has laid it on thick and even mentions the unhappiness that the video was leaked. Of course we can't read the DM here ....

A truly dreadful newspaper - at least the Thai's got that right in banning the insidious rag.

Closing the bars at midnight....the kid who done the kicking looked to me as if he was on drugs (Yaba) did they ever get that test....no just blame 14 bottles of beer...

I've been here in excess of 14 years and posted on other than this forum. TV members do speak such sh!t*. I as the owner of this forum certainly wouldn't value my membership.

Comments made from people who don't know the facts, of people they don't know etc etc etc.

Last comment on this thread. Rather read an Roald Dhal book.

The impact on the country will be minimal if and only if these scum are sentenced to at least 15 years in jail and heavily (200,000 BHT). A light sentence will cause untold harm to the country

The impact on the country will be minimal if and only if these scum are sentenced to at least 15 years in jail and heavily (200,000 BHT). A light sentence will cause untold harm to the country. It will also send a message to other thugs.

Admitting the adverse affect on tourism caused by the attack and the subsequent sharing of the CCTV footage of the incident, Orasa has met with various authorities to ensure (that videos of such attacks mustn't be released onto the Internet... whoops!) the safety of tourists and look at the problem.

i live in Hua Hin.

I have first person info that one Farang (unidentified in the press, but well know here in Hua Hin) has now become the subject of serious police harassment over his trying to come to the aid of the family.

He may lose his business and have to return to the UK.

I seem to recall you were the one who tried to stir things up a few days ago claiming this was a racially motivated attack by Thais on tourists - once again on the basis of uncorroborated 'special' inside information.....

Fortunately TV had the good sense to jump all over that little fantasy.

Now you are trying again on a different tack

Seems to me you are something of a professional sh*t stirrer.

I've been here in excess of 14 years and posted on other than this forum. TV members do speak such sh!t*. I as the owner of this forum certainly wouldn't value my membership.

Comments made from people who don't know the facts, of people they don't know etc etc etc.

Last comment on this thread. Rather read an Roald Dhal book.

The facts are clear; the attack was far from unprovoked, and their injuries as reported in your little forum for two week are exaggerated.

i live in Hua Hin.

I have first person info that one Farang (unidentified in the press, but well know here in Hua Hin) has now become the subject of serious police harassment over his trying to come to the aid of the family.

I seem to recall you were the one who tried to stir things up a few days ago claiming this was a racially motivated attack by Thais on tourists - once again on the basis of uncorroborated 'special' inside information.....

Wheras I recall that NCC17etc,, was the first to post this on the forum - but it was closed as gossip/hearsay.

i live in Hua Hin.

Wheras I recall that NCC17etc,, was the first to post this on the forum - but it was closed as gossip/hearsay.

You are correct, at the time of posting they were unsubstantiated, and unlike the local forum, TV rightly waits until substantiated reports are available.

The local forum, also mislead its readers for two weeks stating that the attack was unprovoked and that the tourists were totally innocent and that they had suffered serious injuries.

Archived